0.10.8b Patch Notes

"
BlazEm wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:
You can now play unidentified Maps by using them in the map device. There’s a 30% quantity bonus, but you can’t see what mods they have while playing them. This doesn’t apply to unique maps.

Thanks, must have overread.
Has the Matua Tupuna aura min max exploit been patched?
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
Nephalim wrote:

no and thx for the info im sure me and others will go try that out now. thx again
"
DrSteveBrule wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:

no and thx for the info im sure me and others will go try that out now. thx again

seems it has been fixed. it only applies to my switch setup and no longer to my main setup "/
"
billyoatmeal wrote:
"
noob3sh wrote:
Too bad I identified all my blue unid 66 maps yesterday. Cool update.

They were waiting on you to do that before they released it.

Those bastards!
My only question is this: can unidentified blue maps roll 1 affix? How does the amount of affixes with rare unid'd maps work? IF so that would be kind of lame, being that the 1 missing affix would almost overwrite the 30% quant bonus we're given along with the increased risk.

Would love to hear back from a Dev about this.
"Success is not the absence of failure. Success is persistence through failure."
Currently Playing: Contagion/Essence Drain IGN: JddoggAscended

"Your pack file has become corrupted. Currently the only way to fix
this is to delete Content.ggpk and download it again by running the client."

f**k you GGG.
* Forum Avatar - $500USD
... -- Bex_GGG
"
estu87 wrote:
"Your pack file has become corrupted. Currently the only way to fix
this is to delete Content.ggpk and download it again by running the client."

f**k you GGG.

yea it happens. just delete and redownload.
Nice change is reduced lightning damage from Thorn's.
Playing with un-ID maps is like a lotery, but it can be interesting :)

I'm waiting also for new supporter packs ! ;)
"
billyoatmeal wrote:
Don't listen to them guys complaining about spending their divine orb on their Darkray Vectors.

Ok, first off, telling dev's to "don't listen" to other people's feedback just because you don't like it is extremely rude and is incredibly destructive and actively inhibits good discussion or debate on the subject. Also it makes you look like a jerk.

"
billyoatmeal wrote:
I think it's actually a cool idea to let us decide if we want to change our old items or not.

But it isn't the ability to let you keep the old stats that bothers me about this change. It's the apparent laziness in design that I don't like, and the precedent it could set.

Having uniques buffed but requiring you to spend currency (expensive currency at that) to get the buffed versions is not a good thing. Take the recent changes in the passive tree, changing some Deep Thoughts passives into Mana Flows. Now what if you had to spend Orbs of Regret to unspend those points, and then rebuy them to enjoy the buffs?

Or what about the recent changes to Discharge and Lightning Warp which got major increases in damage at later levels? What if the change didn't affect old gems, requiring you to level a new gem to 20, or worse, getting another 20% quality gem since the one you had is now outdated? After all, it's only about an Exalt in cost depending on the gem (only 3-4 times as expensive as a divine to update Darkrays!).

But that's not how things worked out; we didn't have to unspend and respend passive points, and we didn't have to get new skill gems, so why do we have to spend currency to update uniques to their new balanced state? Spending a divine on them just screams laziness to me, or rather, not having enough time for a proper solution. That the dev's are using a hack workaround that is quick and dirty but not ideal. In my previous post I gave another option that could be implemented without too much trouble that I think fixes the problem without requiring spending of expensive currency (Add another vendor recipe, say Orb of Transmutation + Unique item = updated unique item with the rest of the random stat rolls the same).

Another reason why the Divine orb thing is not ideal is that what if I like the other rolled stats, or had a perfect item. If one of the major stats on the the item were Buffed, if I wanted the better overall item, I'd have to reroll all the random stats on it, potentially getting bad random stats. Now on Darkray Vectors, only the lightning resist is random, but that's still bad enough since they have a large range to make this not an ideal solution.
Last edited by CyanBlues on May 16, 2013, 4:03:32 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info