Upcoming Patches

Spoiler
"
Prpnnightmare wrote:
"
Jackel6672 wrote:
"
1. The latter is only true when using an iGPU. Dedicated GPU's do not do this at all.

3. My statement was comparative. Of course the amount of strain it puts on your system is dependant upon components, but comparatively Path of Exile isn't a CPU intensive game, nor does it consume a huge amount of memory.
My Feedback Thread: https://www.pathofexi

1. My examples were on a 32bit system, as a 64bit would not have this problem. This is purely do to a lack of address space. As I am not great at explaining why this is, I did a quick google search for someone who could.

http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91260

This information can also be found on other websites, but his explanation is pretty easy to understand.

3. A gig of memory used is actually alot for most computers that are more then a year or two old and / or are still using a 32bit system. Especially if they are laptops or not designed around playing cpu / gpu intensive games.

Edit: To be on topic, huzzah for new patches! I get about an hour in a day, at best and only play melee. So looking forwards to the next two weeks.

Seeing as this was directly aimed at laptop performance (at least I take it by the iGPU comparison), then this all makes sense :)

"
Ziellos wrote:
Prp, I already pointed that out to him on the other page and not a single word went through into his brain, his reply was that he has 60 fps? He needs to stop posting misguided information.

Yeah, it's a common thing. I'm not trying to argue or start a fight with anyone, I'd just hate for someone to read the information in question and form a wrong viewpoint and run away with it. :)

Thats good. IF this was aimed at laptop performance, then it can still be used. Many laptops have dedicated gpus as well that have their own memory. The address assigning problem in regards to memory has been around for ages, and only now that we are getting into 64bit is it actually getting taken care of but only by companies that are programming 64bit applications. I believe this to be a 32 bit application, so the part in my link that pertains to 32bit apps also pertains to this game.

You were posting a bit of misinformation as well, which is the only reason I jumped in on this conversation to make sure you guys have the facts straight regarding memory use before it got out of hand. This is a positive announcement post after all.
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right!" Henry Ford
Last edited by Jackel6672 on May 15, 2013, 12:46:35 AM
I just run into my second week of playing PoE (excessively) and have reached lvl 75.
Actually this is my personal, long awaited sequel to Diablo 2 (*May 2000 - ✝2011).

Took me about 10 minutes to get involved into the gameplay.
And about a week to realize the devs behind this game are genius.
Not only for the technical terms, but also social intelligence.

There is no major thing I'd like to have changed for now, except:

- stability
- diverse loot options
- more content (will follow by time of course)

And you guys are working on all three points? In so small time intervals? Terrific.
Extend this game's content without making it "more casual" and you got my confidence forever.

After reading GGG members' life careers I just feel I should play less and focus on studying. Ha ;-)
I AM SO EXCITED FOR THIS O M G !
Loot in parties really pisses me off. I play a ranger; supporting the melee guys, as I can not tank so much. Often I don't even see the loot that is mine because it's off the screen. Easy pickings for the melees. I would like the loot to be like it is in D3. No more fuss.
"
Culblade wrote:
Loot in parties really pisses me off. I play a ranger; supporting the melee guys, as I can not tank so much. Often I don't even see the loot that is mine because it's off the screen. Easy pickings for the melees. I would like the loot to be like it is in D3. No more fuss.

from my experience the melee's are forging ahead.. missing the items as they drop.

the rangers are back behind missing the items as they drop.

the sporkers and summoners are in the middle running around grabbing everything.
I really hope the low life darkening will be finally adressed so i can run in the middle more efficiently and grab more loot ^_^
DO NOT farm for ONI!
"
Chris wrote:
People enjoy crafting items and using their currency to do it

ROFL
act 4 ? :D
Bandit Quest- Reward change/Quest redo. Is this still going to happen in an upcoming patch? Static things in a dynamic game are not fun.
IGN=FatherOfDragons/TheUnburnt
"
Sorry, a 7770 doesn't have a hope of hell of running at 60 fps at max settings. Your performance is probably around about right. If you want more fps disable post processing and aliasing etc. Hell, you want a gtx660 Ti or 7950 before you can get consistent 60 fps with max settings.

Considering I can play Crysis Warhead without lag on maximum settings at 1080p with this card, I'd say you're wrong. The 7770 is powerful enough, the lag spikes are merely a Radeon problem. Speak to people with a 7950 and you'll see they also have this problem.

"
DRinehart wrote:
windows 8 eats up a **** load of resources best to go with windows 7 home premium

Dude, really? Windows 8 uses less resources than Windows 7. I've used both.

Nothing wrong with my CPU. My ram is potentially a limiting factor (I was at 3.7GB out of 4GB when running PoE and Firefox simultaneously) but until it goes above 4GB would not be contributing to the slowdown of PoE. Mostly I run PoE without anything else open, and in such a case I have at least 1GB to spare before it would shift to virtual memory (slow mode)

"
Prpnnightmare wrote:
Path of Exile doesn't consume a great deal of RAM, nor does it provide a high CPU load.

Pfft. PoE takes 2GB of ram on my machine. That is a lot. No other application I use takes even half of that except Firefox when I have a gazillion tabs open. I can't recall how much Diablo 3 uses, but if vague memory permits, it was consuming roughly 600MB.

PoE does take a high CPU load. I happen to have an i5 2500K so I don't care about the CPU load, but PoE often goes beyond 60% CPU usage which tells me it is very CPU intensive.
Player since closed beta 2012. Full system specs: https://pastebin.com/c4rvbvSR
'Tongueslurp the Unspeakable' - skeleton archer in Fellshrine Merciless
Last edited by Zedda on May 19, 2013, 5:40:31 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info