Upcoming Patches

I'm so excited for more loot options! If they are good enough I can see myself definitely playing in more public parties.

Thanks GGG for taking our feedback into consideration.
"
Prpnnightmare wrote:
"
DRinehart wrote:

its not only the graphics card you have to consider theres other specs to take into consideration as well MAINLY RAM CPU & GPU....and if your running windows 8 that is probably your main problem as windows 8 eats up a shyt load of resources best to go with windows 7 home premium or again if you have the proper gaming specs ultimate will work fine as well.

Sorry to chime in negatively, but this is a heap of misinformation.

1.Windows 8 requires less resources than both Windows 7 Home Premium, and Windows 7 Ultimate (which has NOTHING to do with "gaming specs").

2.The graphics card IS the GPU.

3. While it's correct that games require a minimum amount of computational performance provided by your CPU, as well as RAM, Path of Exile doesn't consume a great deal of RAM, nor does it provide a high CPU load.

Please, for the sake of your own integrity and for people less informed than you, only make these types of comments if you're actually educated on the subjects you're discussing, because it does little to provide any benefit.

see your saying that windows 8 REQUIRES less resources and i said nothing about the REQUIRED resources i said it USES more resources...and with the interface windows 8 uses how could it not. oh and saying that an operating systems resource usage having nothing to do with gameplay performance is huge misinformation. and you cant just chuck a badass graphics card with a shit cpu and shit ram and POSSIBLY think that you can run any game flawlessly.
Last edited by DRinehart on May 14, 2013, 10:48:35 PM
"
Raycheetah wrote:
"Some secret awesomeness that I'm not able to reveal just yet. It's bigger than the other changes in the patch."

The skill tree is now gonna be a 3D wraparound rotating sphere of nodes? =*[.]*=

<3
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
"
Prpnnightmare

1. This is actually false, in a sense. Windows 7 and Windows 8 uses more resources as the availability of more ram presents itself. Not used Ram, is wasted Ram. A lot of issues with windows 8 comes from the fact that it does not purge the system on restart and shutdown, merely saves it to ram like its hibernating. Also, it has to be mentioned that the more ram your video card has, the less system ram you have to work with, namely if you are using a 32 bit system. If you have a 1GB memory VC, and have 4 GB of ram installed on a 32 bit system, you only truly have roughly 2.8GB of system ram truly available.

2. Yep.

3. On my system, POE uses 900MB of ram, and that is only on the login screen. With any other program running that is using memory, and given what I said in #1, there is a chance that the game could be using the page file, which would drastically reduce performance. With just hte login screen up, my CPU is running at 70% load, and will go higher as you play. As it should, as its a client that takes focus, so having anything else that can take away focus can cause hiccups even on modern CPUs, unless you have the game running on a certain core.

Always make sure all other users are logged off when playing to make sure there is nothing eating the memory. Browsers also can eat memory, as a lot of them have memory leaks.
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right!" Henry Ford
Last edited by Jackel6672 on May 14, 2013, 11:00:04 PM
Spoiler
"
DRinehart wrote:
"
Prpnnightmare wrote:
"
DRinehart wrote:

its not only the graphics card you have to consider theres other specs to take into consideration as well MAINLY RAM CPU & GPU....and if your running windows 8 that is probably your main problem as windows 8 eats up a shyt load of resources best to go with windows 7 home premium or again if you have the proper gaming specs ultimate will work fine as well.

Sorry to chime in negatively, but this is a heap of misinformation.

1.Windows 8 requires less resources than both Windows 7 Home Premium, and Windows 7 Ultimate (which has NOTHING to do with "gaming specs").

2.The graphics card IS the GPU.

3. While it's correct that games require a minimum amount of computational performance provided by your CPU, as well as RAM, Path of Exile doesn't consume a great deal of RAM, nor does it provide a high CPU load.

Please, for the sake of your own integrity and for people less informed than you, only make these types of comments if you're actually educated on the subjects you're discussing, because it does little to provide any benefit.

see your saying that windows 8 REQUIRES less resources and i said nothing about the REQUIRED resources i said it USES more resources...and with the interface windows 8 uses how could it not. oh and saying that an operating systems resource usage having nothing to do with gameplay performance is huge misinformation. and you cant just chuck a badass graphics card with a shit cpu and shit ram and POSSIBLY think that you can run any game flawlessly.

You are correct, other hardware makes a huge difference in performance namely harddrives, ram , the actual speed of the ram, and the CPU. Running this game on a ramdisk, for instance, and make loading times virtually non existent.
EDIT: Double Post.
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
Last edited by Prpnnightmare on May 14, 2013, 11:19:30 PM
"
DRinehart wrote:

It both requires less than 7, and is entirely comparable with resources used, as they both have the same method of cacheing RAM while it isn't being used, usually resulting in quite a large page file. The only valid comparison here is to XP, which both requires and uses less than either Windows 7 or 8. I never said it had nothing to do with gameplay performance, so don't try and taint my post. Again, I never said you can chuck a badass GPU with a shit CPU and shit RAM, I merely outlined that Path of Exile has a higher GPU than CPU usage, and comparitively, it doesn't have high RAM requirements.

"
1. This is actually false, in a sense. Windows 7 and Windows 8 uses more resources as the availability of more ram presents itself. Not used Ram, is wasted Ram. A lot of issues with windows 8 comes from the fact that it does not purge the system on restart and shutdown, merely saves it to ram like its hibernating. Also, it has to be mentioned that the more ram your video card has, the less system ram you have to work with, namely if you are using a 32 bit system. If you have a 1GB memory VC, and have 4 GB of ram installed on a 32 bit system, you only truly have roughly 2.8GB of system ram truly available.

2. Yep.

3. On my system, POE uses 900MB of ram, and that is only on the login screen. With any other program running that is using memory, and given what I said in #1, there is a chance that the game could be using the page file, which would drastically reduce performance. With just hte login screen up, my CPU is running at 70% load, and will go higher as you play. As it should, as its a client that takes focus, so having anything else that can take away focus can cause hiccups even on modern CPUs, unless you have the game running on a certain core.

Always make sure all other users are logged off when playing to make sure there is nothing eating the memory. Browsers also can eat memory, as a lot of them have memory leaks.

1. The latter is only true when using an iGPU. Dedicated GPU's do not do this at all.

3. My statement was comparative. Of course the amount of strain it puts on your system is dependant upon components, but comparatively Path of Exile isn't a CPU intensive game, nor does it consume a huge amount of memory.
The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
"
1. The latter is only true when using an iGPU. Dedicated GPU's do not do this at all.

3. My statement was comparative. Of course the amount of strain it puts on your system is dependant upon components, but comparatively Path of Exile isn't a CPU intensive game, nor does it consume a huge amount of memory.
My Feedback Thread: https://www.pathofexi

1. My examples were on a 32bit system, as a 64bit would not have this problem. This is purely do to a lack of address space. As I am not great at explaining why this is, I did a quick google search for someone who could.

http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91260

This information can also be found on other websites, but his explanation is pretty easy to understand.

3. A gig of memory used is actually alot for most computers that are more then a year or two old and / or are still using a 32bit system. Especially if they are laptops or not designed around playing cpu / gpu intensive games.

Edit: To be on topic, huzzah for new patches! I get about an hour in a day, at best and only play melee. So looking forwards to the next two weeks.
Last edited by Jackel6672 on May 15, 2013, 12:19:44 AM
Prp, I already pointed that out to him on the other page and not a single word went through into his brain, his reply was that he has 60 fps? He needs to stop posting misguided information.
IGN: Neckroemansir
"
Jackel6672 wrote:
"

My Feedback Thread: https://www.pathofexi

1. My examples were on a 32bit system, as a 64bit would not have this problem. This is purely do to a lack of address space. As I am not great at explaining why this is, I did a quick google search for someone who could.

http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91260

This information can also be found on other websites, but his explanation is pretty easy to understand.

3. A gig of memory used is actually alot for most computers that are more then a year or two old and / or are still using a 32bit system. Especially if they are laptops or not designed around playing cpu / gpu intensive games.

Edit: To be on topic, huzzah for new patches! I get about an hour in a day, at best and only play melee. So looking forwards to the next two weeks.

Seeing as this was directly aimed at laptop performance (at least I take it by the iGPU comparison), then this all makes sense :)

"
Ziellos wrote:
Prp, I already pointed that out to him on the other page and not a single word went through into his brain, his reply was that he has 60 fps? He needs to stop posting misguided information.

Yeah, it's a common thing. I'm not trying to argue or start a fight with anyone, I'd just hate for someone to read the information in question and form a wrong viewpoint and run away with it. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info