The Economy

"
redscores wrote:
You can always play the game DIFFERENTLY!! :O you didn't knew that? Oh shit, you know, you have 20 character slots free.

What about creating 20 characters and using their inventories? Or just FARM for orbs using quantity items and gems.

Yeah, I started storing them in mule characters after my stash was full. Sure, it helps to some extent, but hey, doesn`t compare to stash tabs.

What's wrong with paying 5 Chaos orbs for a rare item that has the stats you want/need?

I'm pretty sure you would be unlikely to make that item in 5 attempts using those Chaos orbs.

Trading is just a way to take out the gambling. If it would have taken 1-10 Chaos orbs to get a similar item, but you paid 5 to know the stats before you parted with your orbs, that seems quite fair.
" ... to let them know the game isn’t going to be very fair from here on out."
- Qarl
The chrome extension helps tremendously, but ya...people are remarkably cutthroat /greedy.

I was selling things for 1 chaos when I coulda got 3.
And I really don't understand insisting on making GCP's practically the new SoJ, when they are rare as fuck.
DO you really think someone who is on merciless hacking & slashing has the time to analyze item spam? People trade, and they trade a lot, you - and a lot of people - just arent doint it right. They are NOT reaching most of the players.

This game has no pause and a goddamn mob ALWAYS shows up the moment you arent looking, if you stay for 15 minutes in town you loose ur tp, and you can only see items if you press the chat key.

Dont item spam. Doesnt work. Its better to promote one or two items at most, and add some text as in "high weapon elemental damage" besides the item name. Use a catchphrase, dont spam X products in one go.

Basic Marketing. Spamming items in chat doesnt make sure they will be seen.
Last edited by Xoraisse on Jul 8, 2012, 3:00:16 PM
"
Xoraisse wrote:
DO you really think someone who is on merciless hacking & slashing has the time to analyze item spam? People trade, and they trade a lot, you - and a lot of people - just arent doint it right. They are NOT reaching most of the players.

This game has no pause and a goddamn mob ALWAYS shows up the moment you arent looking, if you stay for 15 minutes in town you loose ur tp, and you can only see items if you press the chat key.

Dont item spam. Doesnt work. Its better to promote one or two items at most, and add some text as in "high weapon elemental damage" besides the item name. Use a catchphrase, dont spam X products in one go.

Where the hell do you get that item spam and what does that have to do with anything.
"
"
Xoraisse wrote:

Where the hell do you get that item spam and what does that have to do with anything.

You yourself said that you advertise 6-8 items at a time and get "no bite."

6-8 items at a time is "item spam," and stopping that is what will help you with the "no bite" part.
"
mfwahwah wrote:

6-8 items at a time is "item spam," and stopping that is what will help you with the "no bite" part.

Thank you for making it simple :)
I enjoy trade in this game more than most.

I've got a lot of tabs, but I don't use them for matching rares. Although, I have a page for matching flasks for quality orbs.

It's all about farming, and knowing which loot to pick up and which to leave for the birds. I hardly vendor trash rares anymore because there's no point in getting 3-6 rares for one measly alteration orb.

I look at upgrades for my characters or just good items to sell. You really need to get an eye for those things. Reading the item data here on the site is a start, although the mod lists are slightly incomplete. Within a few weeks time, you'll get a picture of what the max mods are for each level base item, and what is desired from buyers.

Don't be afraid to haggle a little, buying things means talking to real players in this game, and you can probably find friends just as easily by trading as with joining a dungeon group. I snag deals if I have what they need right away, and I give deals to players who can really use it, and I sometimes play a level or two with the person.

Disclaimer: I am not rich at all in game, I just use a LOT of orbs trying for the perfect upgrade.
"
mfwahwah wrote:
"
"
Xoraisse wrote:

Way to over analyze and miss the point. I advertise one really good item, i get no bite. I advertise 6 at a time, I get no bite, it doesn't matter is what I meant.
"
ionface wrote:
I enjoy trade in this game more than most.

I've got a lot of tabs, but I don't use them for matching rares. Although, I have a page for matching flasks for quality orbs.

It's all about farming, and knowing which loot to pick up and which to leave for the birds. I hardly vendor trash rares anymore because there's no point in getting 3-6 rares for one measly alteration orb.

I look at upgrades for my characters or just good items to sell. You really need to get an eye for those things. Reading the item data here on the site is a start, although the mod lists are slightly incomplete. Within a few weeks time, you'll get a picture of what the max mods are for each level base item, and what is desired from buyers.

Don't be afraid to haggle a little, buying things means talking to real players in this game, and you can probably find friends just as easily by trading as with joining a dungeon group. I snag deals if I have what they need right away, and I give deals to players who can really use it, and I sometimes play a level or two with the person.

Disclaimer: I am not rich at all in game, I just use a LOT of orbs trying for the perfect upgrade.

I don't needs lessons on desirable mods. I'm saying the economy is cutthroat and full of greedy douche bags.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info