0.10.8 Patch Notes

"
Soo... no new skill/support gem?
Hope we get a new skill/support gem next week, it's been nearly a month since the last ones?

I don't see the point of new support gem or skills as none of them are really that useful currently.
Just so people here understand, as it's clear that few do:

By making the lowest tier of maps, lvl 66, insanely easy to come by, it is now not that difficult to consider "1-upping" your maps by selling 3 of the same level to the vendor to get the next one up. Granted, you'll still probably only sell 3 lvl 66's 3x for 3 67's, which you'd sell for a 68... but that means that the lowest standard has been raised from 66 to 68... which you can grind now *without maps in the first place* in Lunaris Temple.

So... the price of low level maps will drop substantially, making the 1st tier of demanded maps be level 69. Level 69 maps shouldn't be too hard to come by, assuming you can simply grind your way all the way up to level 68 maps without too much issue. So, in reality, a common player should not have any difficulty reaching up to around level 70 content. Of course, players were complaining about maintaining content above level 70, but if level 70 content itself is not an issue, then reaching level 71, 72, 73, should happen gradually, and not be as big of a gate as it used to be.

Additionally, having preset level 67/68 content means that you don't need to spend a boatload of currency rolling level 66, 67, 68 maps anymore. There isn't as much benefit in doing so. So players will *save* on currency trying to roll them, and therefore have more currency on the mid-tier maps where things start to get more difficult.

tl;dr: By buffing the drops of the lowest tiers of maps, and buffing the Merc A3 areas, you are *only* gaining as a player. You'll reach higher content now, it won't be as difficult to maintain it, and you'll use less currency. Accept the buff and try it before QQ'ing.
Alteration Orb Union Local #7
I'll smash your nose with 20 Alterations before I'll sell them for 1 lousy Chaos. 16:1. No questions.
"
"
Hope we get a new skill/support gem next week, it's been nearly a month since the last ones?

I don't see the point of new support gem or skills as none of them are really that useful currently.

Plenty of people use Cyclone.
Incinerate has quite a few niche builds out there.
Searing Bond has some niche builds too.
Arctic Armour is situational.

Those melee support gems are working decently well too.
Power Charge on Crit has its uses.

None of them are useful?
"so you can see who has more PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
"Everyone can at least be exposed to Leo's PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
Last edited by Kenzorz on May 9, 2013, 3:20:08 AM
GIVE PHYSICAL MELEE, SOME SORT OF WORKAROUND FOR ARMOR, WHETHER ITS HIGH BLEEDING DAMAGE, OR ARMOR PIERCING AURA OR SOMETHING.
IGN: Visciious
"
Shippal wrote:
Just so people here understand, as it's clear that few do:

By making the lowest tier of maps, lvl 66, insanely easy to come by, it is now not that difficult to consider "1-upping" your maps by selling 3 of the same level to the vendor to get the next one up. Granted, you'll still probably only sell 3 lvl 66's 3x for 3 67's, which you'd sell for a 68... but that means that the lowest standard has been raised from 66 to 68... which you can grind now *without maps in the first place* in Lunaris Temple.

So... the price of low level maps will drop substantially, making the 1st tier of demanded maps be level 69. Level 69 maps shouldn't be too hard to come by, assuming you can simply grind your way all the way up to level 68 maps without too much issue. So, in reality, a common player should not have any difficulty reaching up to around level 70 content. Of course, players were complaining about maintaining content above level 70, but if level 70 content itself is not an issue, then reaching level 71, 72, 73, should happen gradually, and not be as big of a gate as it used to be.

Additionally, having preset level 67/68 content means that you don't need to spend a boatload of currency rolling level 66, 67, 68 maps anymore. There isn't as much benefit in doing so. So players will *save* on currency trying to roll them, and therefore have more currency on the mid-tier maps where things start to get more difficult.

tl;dr: By buffing the drops of the lowest tiers of maps, and buffing the Merc A3 areas, you are *only* gaining as a player. You'll reach higher content now, it won't be as difficult to maintain it, and you'll use less currency. Accept the buff and try it before QQ'ing.

That's only true if maps are roughly ten times more common than they are now, instead of the likely 50-100% increase, since it takes nine of a specific 66 to make one 68. Second, that then requires buying the maps from someone farming them, then spending more currency on a 68 to make it viable. And it's still a 68, out of a cap of 77. If I wanted to run a 73, for example, I'd need about 2,200 maps. Seriously, two thousand two hundred maps... of the same level 66 base type.

And preset mob TYPE doesn't mean preset affixes, so it won't change the practice of rolling for larger maps or more magic content - no saving on currency there.

This patch is good for lev. 70ish players that want to grind xp and maps in non-map content. It will not change the current issues being experienced by people tired of farming the same 66-67 maps and looking for more reliable access to mid-tier maps.
Last edited by Finnien on May 9, 2013, 3:29:31 AM
"
habbey wrote:

It is worse than that, burning damage still can make monsters drop 0 items, completely unrelated to IIQ/IIR. I can't see how this isn't a top priority as one of their elements is basically useless in comparison to the others because of it.

Yes, i know about this bug, but GGG dont know and dont want to know bcs they need buff Lightning Warp when hes alrdy powered to kill with 83% res... Make this game harder or HURDURRed and NOT fight with bots and scummers is how GGG think HURDURR is.
Idk if GGG see that ppl start to leave this game and play other MMO (as many my friends), why? Bcs economy RUINED, harder to find map after 40-60 min farming docks, Mobs buffed and buffed and EVEN MORE BUFFED (bcs HUURRR DUUUURRRR) special new rolls on map that can kill oneshot now, there tons skills that need buffed or revorked, but no we need buff Lightning Warp so no1 survived from white mob, Bugs with fire that make ALL and ANY fire skills useless (when u kill with burn dmg and NO SINGLE DROP) and much more.
Why there no nerf for skill that reflect any dmg and insta kill? That skill is only make worse and worse to play on maps and LOST exp, bcs this skill can reflect to the death your dmg with 1 shot.
I agree with above post, why are all you lvl 80+ complaining about maps so much? Think of it this way - this new patch will help many players reach lvl 80, thus more people will get into POE's high level play, perhaps sticking around for some nice map drops. More people getting more map drops -> more maps in circulation, better chances to grind higher level content. This formula GGG staff have thought up is really smart. I personally think that GGG is planning on 80+ lvl requirement to be a big factor in the final act of Path of Exile. Once that is complete, they will have more time for new leagues/pvp/trading/micro transactions/new skills/guilds/lore/etc.

Spoiler
Meanwhile,spread the word, tell your friends about POE!

Krait is a boss, I have more respect for him now.
Twitch.tv/Nithryok
"
"
"

Plenty of people use Cyclone.
Incinerate has quite a few niche builds out there.
Searing Bond has some niche builds too.
Arctic Armour is situational.

Those melee support gems are working decently well too.
Power Charge on Crit has its uses.

None of them are useful?

Did I say none of them are useful?

My exact words are none of them are really THAT useful. Elaboration: none of them are used in mid to top tier builds to clear level 70+ maps.

You can argue how great Multistrike is with your level 50 character, but that by no means reflect the new gems' (lack of) impact on the game as a whole.
"
LAVAT wrote:
I agree with above post, why are all you lvl 80+ complaining about maps so much? Think of it this way - this new patch will help many players reach lvl 80, thus more people will get into POE's high level play, perhaps sticking around for some nice map drops. More people getting more map drops -> more maps in circulation, better chances to grind higher level content.

More players at high level = more people USING high level map = more competition for maps. More players does not mean more supply when the drop rate is below the consumption rate. It means more competition for the few that are sold.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info