0.10.8 Patch Notes

elite and finen, you guys should play some other game for now. Perhaps you played POE too much. There are human beings working their asses off to give you the experience you are craving, btw. My advice, take a break. Come back later when you are craving it again.

I go to sleep now,

Spoiler
meanwhile, spread the good word!
"
LAVAT wrote:
elite and finen, you guys should play some other game for now. Perhaps you played POE too much. There are human beings working their asses off to give you the experience you are craving, btw. My advice, take a break. Come back later when you are craving it again.

I go to sleep now,

I might, just to avoid people of your intellectual caliber.
"
Chris wrote:
The Life Leech Support gem now starts at 5% leech and progresses in smaller increments up to 8.8% leech at Level 20

holy sh** Oo

"
Chris wrote:
Website forum searches now allow time based queries and filters.

very good!
from 0.10.0 patch notes: "Fixed a bug where you could add Piety to your friends list." xD
"
LAVAT wrote:

I go to sleep now,

Spoiler
meanwhile, spread the good word!

I don't see why providing feedback about the map experience and direction of the game devalues the work of the people on the game itself. I wouldn't be posting if I didn't care, and I at least try to acknowledge positive changes. 'Quit if you don't like it' doesn't help anyone, and my experience is that many people feel the same way that I do. My general feeling of the game is that it has the most interesting skill system in anything I've played (with Titan Quest being a close second), a great economy (although it frustrates me a bit and I believe randomness may be a little too high), and an exceedingly frustrating farm-on-farm mapping endgame and xp loss system. I take the good with the bad, but I'd really like to provide feedback leading to less bad and more universal greatness.
Some good shit here.

The lvl changes to areas, at first I was pretty 'meh' about.

Then I realised how 'unfun' my current game is.
I'm basically trying to craft and advance, my currencies are getting soaked up in maps which affects my crafting If I put more into crafting, my mapping suffers. Regardless, I seemed to be banging my head against 67-69 map content for the most part and any advance of that was maybe a short lived expensive visit to ~72/73 maps which would result in a sharp return to 67-68 again.

Grinding currencies in maps was tedious, the extra steps between loot and vendor was annoying, harvesting currencies was itself a currency cost. I found the better way to get currencies for crafting, or even map advancing, was to do non-map content, which has its own downsides in more than one way.

With these changes, I can see me doing a lot of non-map 67-68 content, harvesting orbs for crafting and for map advancement, without the annoyance of the laboratory, without the cost to roll the maps but still with access to certain uniques and without 'as much' faceroll of old non-map content.

66 maps will be vended to 67s, 67s will be vended to 68s. I see me enjoying crafting (ok getting shit on with horrible mods) for a good stretch while still doing the same lvl content I previously was for the majority of my time.

I'm pretty stoked for this (and eager to see if a lvl 70 Piety will move before I shock stack crit her ass to dead, I think it will be not quite the short fight it was (: )

GG, GGG.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on May 9, 2013, 4:26:37 AM
Here I was thinking that I just got really lucky when I did a map where EVERY SINGLE NON-RARE MOB WAS MAGIC. Well, that was fun.
IGN: Jihokinetic
There's a lot of hatred in here for the map system. My opinion as a 76 player with a lot of map play so far: it needs work! But with the upcoming changes you can detach yourself from 66 and 67 maps and grind up to higher levels in Lunaris and Catacombs, both allowing people to get more low maps. These maps then can be used to tier up to 68 maps without a lot of currency needed, thus allowing people to jump right into 68 maps that will hopefully allow them over a relatively short amount of time to tier up to 69s. Long story short: you will need a hell of a lot less alts and chisels to touch a level 68 map if there are dedicated drop slots for 66 maps outside maps and you will be able to spend the alts and chisels on the 68 maps allowing you to drop more of them in there and eventually 69 maps. Trading will also become vital to get three of a kind on any 66 and 67 map, exchanging your spare 66s with other people's maps that you will need. Yes, this is not the change we all want to see for endgame, but it allows a little more access to endgame maps and lets people farm maps without expending any which will eventually allow prices for 66 maps to drop to an alt or so and 68 maps to be the first place people spend currency in and run. As it now stands, this update allow lower level people get to 80+ and start complaining faster than before. The potential lies with the community making something good out of the dedicated drop slots and people starting to stack 9x maps of the same type over time to get level 68 maps that are up to par with the world areas. As soon as the new hyped trading system is implemented, I believe this update will probably shine and allow 68s and 69s very very accessible. It remains to be seen!
IGN: TheEvilGoat
Class: Two Handed Sword Duelist
Proffession: Poor Melee with crap items
Great Patch thanks!

PLEASE READ:

When will you address the 45 seconds disconnection issue on new instances that Kripp has discussed with you? I feel that it is a major problem for us HC players and we are talking about life and death here! :D
Last edited by sorielle on May 9, 2013, 4:54:56 AM
The hell? If you are wasting chisels on lvl 68 maps, you are doing it wrong. No map under lvl 70 is worth using a chisel or an alch. just run it as a 30%+ quantity blue and get showered in (low-level) maps.
You really could have added Minions teleporting too when Lightning Warp is used...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info