- Solaris Temple Level 3: 62 -> 63
- The Docks: 62 -> 63
- Market Sewers: 62 -> 64
- Sewers Aqueduct: 62 -> 65
- Barracks: 62 -> 66
- Lunaris Temple Level 1: 63 -> 66
- Lunaris Temple Level 2: 63 -> 67
- Lunaris Temple Level 3: 64 -> 68
Non-map areas cannot drop Maps with a base level higher than 66.
Each map type now contains a special monster pack based on the theme of the area. This creates a monster variety between map types that players can plan around and lets us adjust the challenge of different map types beyond their size and layout.
The threshold level for currency penalty is unchanged. You will not treated as being higher than level 68 for purposes of the currency penalty.
Merciless Piety now has a dedicated map drop slot with a chance to drop a level 66 map.
The Catacombs now has a Scribe’s Rack chest that can drop scrolls or maps.
The Marketplace waypoint has been moved to being outside Catacombs entrance.
Previously, the item rarity bonuses of monsters would not affect any Maps that were dropped. This limitation has been removed, which means that bosses like Piety are likely to drop magic/rare Maps rather than white ones."

No one was/is complaining about how difficult it is to get level 66 maps.
What about shrinking down the Lunaris Temple level 3?

Nice patch, btw.
Last edited by dspair on May 9, 2013, 2:44:05 AM
"

yes they were
When will be fixed a bug when Burning damage from skill linked with Item Rarity or Item Quantity kill, Item Rarity or Item Quantity dont work? How long theres no fixed for Burn dmg????
"
Helpmegod wrote:
When will be fixed a bug when Burning damage from skill linked with Item Rarity or Item Quantity kill, Item Rarity or Item Quantity dont work? How long theres no fixed for Burn dmg????

It is worse than that, burning damage still can make monsters drop 0 items, completely unrelated to IIQ/IIR. I can't see how this isn't a top priority as one of their elements is basically useless in comparison to the others because of it.
"
Lionguild wrote:
"

yes they were

No u
"

Exactly. I feel like this patch is actually making level 66 maps even more worthless, and I already spend 95% of my time grinding 66-67 maps just to be able to do a few worthwhile ones.

I'm not complaining that level 75-77 maps are rare. That's good for the economy, and a special treat to lucky drop streaks. My problem is that I spend the vast, VAST majority of my time running the same 66-67 maps over and over again, grinding just to be able to try to grind. I would really like to spread my time more evenly among maps ranging from 68-73ish, and occasionally spike a little higher, as opposed to spending all my time at 66.

Maybe my hopes were too high for this patch. I was hoping for either improvements to melee, some desynch fixes, or an improvement to mid-level map drop rates. Any one of the three would have given me a bit of renewed interest, something I've been struggling with.

The changes to the mana leech and life leech gems are actually really good changes for leveling low level characters, and I can see the advantages of the level change for non-map content. I'm glad old skills are being revisited and tweaked, even if those particular skills just don't appeal to me due to their mechanics. There are certainly a number of improvements to the overall game in the patch notes. However, none of it actually helps with the frustration I'm experiencing lately. None of it will make the game, for me, any more fun.
"
Ironsheep wrote:
I'm fairly certain the lucky/unlucky mechanic works like this:

After killing a particular mob, a number is randomly generated to determine its drops. Say, for example, the number is between 1 and 1000, and if the number is 1, a unique will drop, 2-10, a yellow will drop, 11-200, a blue will drop, and everything else, a white. 'Lucky' will roll this number twice and select the better outcome, whereas 'unlucky' will select the worse.

I think this only affects elemental effects, crit chance, accuracy, etc.
Last edited by Myrkky on May 9, 2013, 2:55:34 AM
"
Finnien wrote:
"

Exactly. I feel like this patch is actually making level 66 maps even more worthless, and I already spend 95% of my time grinding 66-67 maps just to be able to do a few worthwhile ones.

I'm not complaining that level 75-77 maps are rare. That's good for the economy, and a special treat to lucky drop streaks. My problem is that I spend the vast, VAST majority of my time running the same 66-67 maps over and over again, grinding just to be able to try to grind. I would really like to spread my time more evenly among maps ranging from 68-73ish, and occasionally spike a little higher, as opposed to spending all my time at 66.

Maybe my hopes were too high for this patch. I was hoping for either improvements to melee, some desynch fixes, or an improvement to mid-level map drop rates. Any one of the three would have given me a bit of renewed interest, something I've been struggling with.

The changes to the mana leech and life leech gems are actually really good changes for leveling low level characters, and I can see the advantages of the level change for non-map content. I'm glad old skills are being revisited and tweaked, even if those particular skills just don't appeal to me due to their mechanics. There are certainly a number of improvements to the overall game in the patch notes. However, none of it actually helps with the frustration I'm experiencing lately. None of it will make the game, for me, any more fun.

Yeah perhaps those expectations are a bit high for this patch in particular. Good thing GGG releases patches very frequently compared to some of the other ARPGs I can think of.

My worry is that the staff at GGG don't agree that the high level map drop rates are a problem.

Personally I would be very glad if they would just increase the drop rate of those high level maps but make them much, much, much more difficult to compensate.
Last edited by elitedesolator on May 9, 2013, 2:57:30 AM
Soo... no new skill/support gem?
Hope we get a new skill/support gem next week, it's been nearly a month since the last ones?
"so you can see who has more PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
"Everyone can at least be exposed to Leo's PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
Last edited by Kenzorz on May 9, 2013, 2:58:54 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info