What the hell with this 8 hour race, so sad

Doing a full 8h race is a freakin nightmare. I did 2 of those.

If you intend to be competitive, you gotta have the actual 8h of free time, which for most people is just impossible because of something called real life.

Then, there's the fact that you will have to be concentrated, living stressful moments during such a long period of time. It will be physically tiring. In the end of an 8h race, I'm so freaking burned out...

And then, there's the fact that you have to stay alive for the full 8h. You could die at 7h in. I've seen people die to turbo cruel Brutus near the end of these races. It must feel terrible. Do I want to put myself through that?

No wonder there are not many participants in 8h races...

Last edited by Thalandor on May 11, 2013, 12:23:51 AM
So far, I participated in only one 8 Hour Event and it was the most relaxed race so far. I had to start 4hrs late and still had a chance of a good place and some points, even with taking my time. I think it's cool that folks who really want to push themselves can play for 8 hrs straight and that the people coming home from work/walking the dog/having dinner/playing with the kids, etc. and only getting to play from the middle or towards the end of the race still have a chance. Same with players who have to leave the race before the end.
For me, 8 hours = pick when you want to start and how long you want to play and earn rewards accordingly. I like it. :-)
8 hour race = set a goal, achieve goal, logout.
Twitch.tv/Nithryok
i played the 8 hour to its full and had really good time. ended up 1st shadow after i had some competition in the 6-7th hour.
i agree the rewards should be greater in this kind of races (altho received like 8 uniques out of it), the reason i played was purely for fun, and fun it was.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info