What the hell with this 8 hour race, so sad

"
boof wrote:
It's an EIGHT HOUR race. Do you see many top racers even playing this? Even the most avid racers are not up for sitting through 8 hours of racing straight.

OMG people don't want to play turbo 8 hours straight game is dead!!!!

8 hours does have something to do with, but I think it's the combination of that and the timing of the race. I'd love to have the opportunity to play an 8 hour race. Especially when it starts at 8pm (est) on a Thursday. Lots of fun, and much less competition.
ign - JoeyTrader
"
boof wrote:
It's an EIGHT HOUR race. Do you see many top racers even playing this? Even the most avid racers are not up for sitting through 8 hours of racing straight.

racing is dead if top ladder races don't even bother with a race event.... I would think most of them would do it just to prove who is better, i guess it doesn't really matter to then neither lol- and these are the people that get paid to play! lol so not even a bad timing/scheduling issue
"
account443b wrote:
"
boof wrote:

racing is dead if top ladder races don't even bother with a race event.... I would think most of them would do it just to prove who is better, i guess it doesn't really matter to then neither lol- and these are the people that get paid to play! lol so not even a bad timing/scheduling issue

Because one eight hour race doesn't include the people on the top of the race ladder, racing is dead? What type of logic is that?

ign - JoeyTrader
Races have very little incentive. I've gotten many friends to play PoE and none of us bother racing with the lackluster rewards.

Beyond that.. the whole 8 hours in the middle of a Wednesday is not ideal.
Last edited by kasub on May 9, 2013, 12:26:52 AM
"
nachodotcom wrote:

Because one eight hour race doesn't include the people on the top of the race ladder, racing is dead? What type of logic is that?

people on top racing ladder are the ones that race the most.... by definition... and so if they don't bother, who will? lol
How many races can you run before it gets boring? I'm a gamer and I always will be, but I'm also an adult who has responsibilities and other hobbies where I'm not glued to a chair like one of the physically grotesque streamers. 8 hours? On a fucking Wednesday? So few people participating might be bad for PoE but it's great for the future of humanity. We should be happy :D
Yeah, 8 hours on a Wednesday pretty much sums it up.

"
I love this game. This game is freaking awesome. Seems the poputation is just going south, no idea why. One thing got me tonight. Races 8 hour race I was like ok great competition.

Until 2 hour in I check and no one is even playing. 3 hours in I check top classes. 21 witches top 20 is lvl 1, 20th mara lvl 7 , fn 3 hours in. I thought people who played this game loved the grind and challenge in this game. I do, but I even had to stop. No competition is just not fun at all. 20th shadow and ranger were like lvl 5.

This is just embarrasing to me that no one is the world is grinding race points for even lifetime rewards which would be released one day. I don't get it. Is this game just failing apart for people. Now in gobal chat people QQ about desync, I still don't have that problem. I still think most peoples desync is running through areas with 20 mobs chasing them. Just kill everything in ur way, its a long race lol.

But back to the point I'm just really sad a game I could probly play for many many years is just lacking in population. No idea what can be done but it sucks.

haha in that 8hr. I would have lots of currency and gear, rather than working my ass off really hard to get some trashy unique gear beside HC race death is perma death.

Yeah CB races was way way way way better than this pointless races. I have skipped season one and skipping season two.

Yet another F2P going downhill because nobody is listening to the players who want to enjoy the game.

Our last hope is a new major patch.
HEY!!! GOT MILK!!!
"
"
8hrs in the middle of the week is more commitment than most are willing to give.

No shit.

I just had a look myself. 200+ active people in the race, with the 100th position at level 12.

I wouldn't call that dead.

If I had the time to spare, I'd definitely do this race for a few hours. Looks like easy points.

As for the rewards, there's a whole board for race feedback.

In fact, this should be there too.

coming from a diamond supporter?

sigh

No wonder why our world is falling apart...THIS.
HEY!!! GOT MILK!!!
"
I mean I am even lvl 66 in the 1 month race and its been a week and I'm ranked liek 300 of not even trying, fresh economy to, which everyone wants and still no one is playing.

It's not a fresh economy. People are just trading their regular hardcore currency for all the items that are worth buying.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info