You are killing racing

Too many races dilute the value of points and prizes. Demigods? Oh yeah..that.
Dont forget that some other games are released recently(like Neverwinter) and Poe is not appealing to the mass at the moment with all the 'hardcore' desync. Dont expect poe to be played by much peaple except for some nolifers. The amount of races also indicate that GGG still has the idea that there game is at the top of the mountain.
playing first hour of act1 over and over is killing races
"
Hailo wrote:
playing first hour of act1 over and over is killing races

I was thinking if they had a race where people randomly started at the beginning of one of the 3 acts it would be a nice curveball, also would take the monotony out of it a little bit. I haven't done any races just because of what you pointed out.
Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856
GGG increased the frequency of races to cater to the QQers who complains about missing races because they were in different timezones.

GGG increased the amount if races to cater to the QQers who complain about the same racers who win every race they compete in and to give the QQ losers a fighting chance.

Now a QQ about too many races? Not competitive enough?

Unbelievable. Simply unbelievable.

I'm starting to see why GGG staff prefer to post replies on reddit now.
POE is a constantly evolving game, so expect balance changes, buffs and nerfs STILL!
Last edited by THEHORNEDRAT on May 4, 2013, 7:32:06 PM
Isn't that the idea behind signature races?

Points from the signature races are on a separate ladder, and signature races are not too common.
The main problem i see with the event format atm is that theres now minimal incentive to participate or win. This applies to both strong racers and casuals or newcomers- the strong racers dont have nearly as much competition per event and also cant use races as an alternate means of orb income as was possible in closed beta, while the casuals have almost nothing to look forward to with the removal of orb rewards.

A player who didnt think they had a shot at 1st in class used to be able to try for side quests and potentially earn more orbs in 3 hours than theyd otherwise earn in a week of casual play; now they get 2 points, which by themselves are useless. The same casual that might have once earned an exalted orb and a few gcps and chaos for his mad dweller rush or cave clear now has to do several such clears to get a single low end alt art unique that he could just as easily buy in trade for a couple of alchs.

The signature race is a step in the right direction, but most of the ob race changes are the exact opposite. All these high variance races- basically everything under 3 hours or with a mod that increases monster spike damage or desync- should be rare like the 1 hour races were in closed beta. We also need races that prioritize something other than spending half or more of the race repeat grinding the same zones- progression based races would be perfect here and have been requested numerous times. Orb rewards should also be reinstated, not to replace the points system but to suppliment it.

Not sure about event frequency. I like having so many events and the choice of when to participate, but attendance and competition per race are definitely much lower than they were when we had only 2-4 events per week.
IGN: KoTao
Last edited by KoTao on May 5, 2013, 4:22:11 AM
This right here might be a glimpse into the future of races : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/362254

About 300 participants, a solo player 3 levels above the highest party. Nobody even cares. Races used to be special.

IGN : asdfman
"
asdfman wrote:
This right here might be a glimpse into the future of races : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/362254

About 300 participants, a solo player 3 levels above the highest party. Nobody even cares. Races used to be special.

Same thing happened in the other 3 hour halfspeed party with the exception that there weren't even any parties in it - just public ones ;) I blame it on the mod - what is this half speed shit really - its easier than the normal gameplay.

But ye races were pretty much dead in the second half of Season 1, now they started dying even earlier especially the party races - cuz there used to be 3 top parties that were fun to watch now there its a miracle event when there are events with even 2 competing.

Currency rewards=more competition=more fun=more players=more incentive=more everything.
Not introducing some cheap lottery for crappy uniques. What's the point in earning xxx crappy Karui ward ammys anyway??? They gonna be sell for a lot in the future czu of awesome artwork, right? How is that when you're giving away thousands of those???

Economy is already a big shit to say it lightly. Nobody wants from GGG to give piles of exalts like they were once in CB before nerfing - if they wanted they could've found a way... but nah we have a LOTTERY.

ANd ya about the times they start to be a bit overwhelming, not even the most dedicated players give a fuck anymore and we are like what in the first third of the Season...

Yeah and don't forget to look at the chatlog to see:
1b0 [INFO Client 4340] #: asdfmaaan (Level 11) has died at position 2 on the ladder.

If GGG would add fingerprint races where gems are unavailable the mainstream builds will vanish very soon.

I will laugh hard how many LA players will rage once the WED nodes at the Templar Area will become Avatar of Fire + Fire Damage nodes again.

FYI several skilltree changes are temporal because some major node didn't work out.

You are a OB player only.

Now you must accept players having one week pensum you play in 1-2 days.

Races have never been special because they end up in a Grindspot.

What will you do if GGG adds a racemode like "no instance resets"

Killing Vaal at level 21 will be heavily punished!

Also don't forget there weren't any major game releases besides a WoW Expansionpack after OB Launch.

CB had 2 playerbase influxes already with TL2 and WoW Expansion.

Now that Neverwinter went Open Beta you can expect another influx.
And it will happen with Devilian too.

The main problem with PoE that in it's current state it's mainly appealing to MMO players.
ARPG players gonna get frustrated with the long finish time for level 70 and poor droprates.

On the other side PoE got no really outstanding feature besides the craftsystem and well you know the Vendorreceipe and Grindproblem.

Slowing down gameplay doesn't make it automatically hard.

For example things PoE could have to get some outstanding features would be new abilities each difficulty.
For example what if squids could cut or their tentacles and give you a low field of vision.
What if they gain leap attack at merciless.

I think the devs should play some far east ARPGs on the highest difficulty(mostly after beating hard) to see how unforgiving hard games are.

What do you will gain more reputation."I just beat PoE!" or "Another ARPG"

Once Vaal came out in CB it killed a majority of players. If the AI would have different behaviours instead of one script that feeling would come back.

"
Same thing happened in the other 3 hour halfspeed party with the exception that there weren't even any parties in it - just public ones ;) I blame it on the mod - what is this half speed shit really - its easier than the normal gameplay.

Ok then request Turbo, Halfspeedproj, 3 times higher density and Multishot and sins will be a horror.

It will be much harder to get away from a dead end when you are trapped in a field of sparks.

Last edited by Hilbert on May 5, 2013, 9:56:01 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info