/popcorn - the daily deals and microtransaction thread

Victorious Wings helmet effect 42% off - 40 points.
IRON MAN
Stash Tab Bundle 26% off - 110 points.

Here we go again!
IRON MAN
Premium Stash Tab Upgrade 33% off - 10 points.
IRON MAN
"
Dreggon wrote:
"
OldeSchool wrote:
"
Dreggon wrote:
Ivory Weapon effect 35% off - 45 points.

I believe that this one is a fine choice if you would like to portray "cold" on your weapon, but find the "Arctic" effect rather overdone. I think "Ivory" should be considered one of your staple options if you prefer understated to overblown fx, and the fact that it's a fraction of the price of it's bigger, louder cousin is just an added bonus. Hint: it looks much better in-game than in the preview IMO...I think there's quite a bit more "smoke" in the genuine article.

Now, about those Ivory footprints....

This is really great feedback! Do you know of any other microtransactions that are like this for other glaring elemental weapon effects?

Thanks!
Sadly, no: if you want any other elemental effect in Wraeclast, you have to go Blowtorch, Tesla Coil or Big Glow Snow (future; assuming it'll be in line with Lightning and Infernal pricing). Some have said that "Radiant" looks rather like a Lightning effect, but I don't agree. I will say that "Acid" works nicely (at a bargain price to boot) if your character employs chaos damage. Add those cool (and cheap) necrotic footprints to complete your bargain basement ensemble. I think that "Lavender" and "Azure" give a nice return on your investment for a general "Magical" look. "Arcane" is a decent upgrade as a "Magical" look when it's on sale, but like our friends the Awesome New Auras, the detail in the runes is all but lost when viewed at full zoom (AKA pretty much all the time).

Hopefully GGG will tone down some of these new weapon effects and offer them at a lower price; heck, throw some red and orange glow into the "Ebony" effect and call it "Smouldering Blade". I love the concept of an elemental effect, but the high price and rather garish (IMO, anyway) look are keeping me away at the moment.

"Experience is the best teacher,but there's only one seat in his classroom."
Play with honour and show some class - www.theAmazonBasin.com
Zarabeth - Level 89 Ranger
Wicked Wanda - Level 87 Witch
Xarabeth - Level 79 Scion
Last edited by OldeSchool on Sep 8, 2013, 8:32:06 AM
Ethereal Stars effect 42% off - 20 points.

These go down to 66% - 15 points, come on Chris :(
IRON MAN
Radiant Weapon effect 41% off - 90 points.
IRON MAN
It´s a long time that green basilisk has been on sale. "wink_wink" to GGG :))))
Silver Wings helmet effect 40% off - 45 points.

This is on sale fairly frequently and does not match up to other, equivalently-priced microtransaction effects.
IRON MAN
I bought the Silver Wings but i think it will looks awful with the Bringer of Rain anybody know?
"
ultron1337 wrote:
I bought the Silver Wings but i think it will looks awful with the Bringer of Rain anybody know?

Spoiler

They look decent, would definitely be better on a Marauder or other class. I personally only purchased them for my Phys Wander though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info