/popcorn - the daily deals and microtransaction thread

"
Dreggon wrote:
Premium Stash Tab Bundle 17% off - 165 points.

This one should go for two days. Also I opened my free mystery box and got... some snow. Lucky I didn't buy any!

Yeah, premium stash bundle last year on C'mas was 50% off. I wonder what's making them so insanely stingy this year.
It's not like there's a 'cost' for them to make, so even at 50% or 75% they're still making money. Seeing this chump markdown compared to last year, I'm quite pleased to close my wallet henceforth.
Patch Notes 3.15:
Fixed a bug where players believed the game was playable. This has been corrected and made retroactive.
Patch Notes 3.19:
Fixed a bug where players adapted to 3.15. This bug cannot be corrected, so we have implemented a 90% reduction in item access as a punishment.
Stash Tab Bundle 26% off - 110 points.
IRON MAN
"
BlaqWolf wrote:
Yeah, premium stash bundle last year on C'mas was 50% off. I wonder what's making them so insanely stingy this year.
It's not like there's a 'cost' for them to make, so even at 50% or 75% they're still making money. Seeing this chump markdown compared to last year, I'm quite pleased to close my wallet henceforth.

Well... if we read guess between the lines correctly we can see that since there was no black Friday/weekend or Christmas day 50% off sales this year that means GGG is not generating as much revenue this year as last year.

The only significant improvement to PoE this year is Deterministic Lockstep. That alone was the single biggest improvement to eliminate desync (we've needed that forever). Now we need less stuttering but I'll take stuttering over desync any day. Other than that there really hasn't been much to be excited about (no Public Stash trade yet) so mtx sales are probably less this year over last as new titles vie for our attention (Fallout 4 anyone?... everyone).

I do find it weird that GGG portrays PoE as a "hardcore" arpg, then misses the mark badly with Act 4 hardcore fun or more precisely hits us hard with lack of fun. Dried lake is very good and Grand Arena is great but other than that the rest is too narrow corridor "ledge" type maps that don't provide for any exploration excitement at all and make kiting non-fun. Belly of The Beast is the worst in map designs of all of Act 4 IMO. That coupled with bosses that are more frustrating than fun with huge damage spikes instead of clever attacks and pattern movements that we must be on our toes to kite successfully (no excitement in any empty boss battle room... Piety and her laser beam is 100% crap... hey GGG, play TL2 to see how boss battles are done very well!) and top that off with Malachai final boss that doesn't give us 2 passive points like Piety (who says you have to keep the total passive points capped at 120... more is better) and is a red/grey color mess so we can't see the dangerous slug grenades coming in to one or two shot us to death and it's no wonder we aren't happy and thus are not buying more.

Finally, if there was a %50 sale I'd have bought 3 or 4 Premium Stash Tab bundles without hesitation as I'd love to respec my level 88 Scion Wings of Entrophy ST throwing DS (dual strike) super fast attack build and play it some more but my softcore stash is too full (my 42 full use tabs are near maxed on all and I have about double that in RO tabs from former leagues) and with many RO tabs near full I just won't buy when the sale is only %17.5 off. My many previous posts on that subject are why (converting RO tabs instead of adding tabs as new empty ones). I'm not willing to pay and gamble with $17.50 USD of my hard earned money.

Since I, like many long time PoE fans are not happy with the direction GGG is taking PoE we are not buying and thus GGG can't afford to give us a %50 off sale on anything this year. Maybe the expansion into Brazil and other countries is costing them more than they are getting back from new players.

I sure hope this is not the tip of the iceberg and that GGG is about to crash into it and sink.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Dec 27, 2015, 8:09:30 AM
Necrotic Weapon effect 41% off - 50 points.

I found a Vagan dagger in the talisman league. I don't see what all the fuss is about.
IRON MAN
Vagan Daggers Can't miss. And being a dagger they have the base crit and implicit crit, Making them the ideal base weapon for crafting a CoC melee weapon. Plenty of crits, no worry about accuracy and the damage of the weapon itself isn't that important.
Is there a way to know in advance what's going to be up for sale? I checked the history but I can't find a pattern.
IGN: Interloper
"
Infiltrator wrote:
Is there a way to know in advance what's going to be up for sale? I checked the history but I can't find a pattern.

No, it's chosen manually.
IRON MAN
Seraph Spectral Throw 47% off - 50 points.

I bought this at some point, I should try to make a build based on it.
IRON MAN
Seraph spectral throw.

Touche.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Infernal Skull 45% off - 120 points.
IRON MAN

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info