/popcorn - the daily deals and microtransaction thread

Demon Hand Cleave! 36% off 95 points is 60 points today.

If I didn't need all my points to beat down the miserly folk organising the tab bundles who want the same amount for 6 tabs as they do for a bundle containing 6 tabs, but in a much less convenient format, I would consider getting this. Unfortunately, this doesn't make me feel like I'm getting an amazing deal either way.
IRON MAN
Extra character slot for 20. Meh.

First time I died in a race today. I really wanted a demi. I was the first to hit level 4!... but I'm just too slow to hit Ledge by 7 minutes.
IRON MAN
"
Dreggon wrote:
Daily deal reset in 25 minutes, which means I'm back to watching the clock!

Hoping for stash tab bundle, but what do you think it will be? I'm going to go with Ebony Scorpion. Place your bets!

no, i'm not giving those away

Why do people keep saying this, it's ALREADY ON SALE.. ALL THE TIME, you don't have to wait... and it's wonderful :P
"
Dreggon wrote:
Extra character slot for 20. Meh.

First time I died in a race today. I really wanted a demi. I was the first to hit level 4!... but I'm just too slow to hit Ledge by 7 minutes.

New 4 month leagues mean extra character slots could become important, if you're an altoholic. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
My brother-in-editsandlocks speaks true. Extra character slots aren't a big deal right now but I imagine with multiple leagues at once, 24 might start to seem thin.

I may take advantage of this one.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
Charan wrote:
My brother-in-editsandlocks speaks true. Extra character slots aren't a big deal right now but I imagine with multiple leagues at once, 24 might start to seem thin.

I may take advantage of this one.

There are always regret orbs though
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
Turquoise weapons, 40% off the standard price of 25 points for 15 points.

Didn't even know that was a thing. Turns out They won't let me buy bundles for 110, so back to waiting. I really hope they're not naive enough to try and sell them for 120 each.

Third race death. I think I am not very good at this. There are people hitting the Ledge before I've even gotten to Mud Flats.
IRON MAN
"
Dreggon wrote:
Turquoise weapons, 40% off the standard price of 25 points for 15 points.

Didn't even know that was a thing. Turns out They won't let me buy bundles for 110, so back to waiting. I really hope they're not naive enough to try and sell them for 120 each.

Third race death. I think I am not very good at this. There are people hitting the Ledge before I've even gotten to Mud Flats.

I'm guessing you dun bother killing anything on the Twilight Strand 'cept Hillock (or even tarrying 'cept to open containers on the way to him), but how much time are you spending on the Terraces? Ought to be reaching no more'n lvl 3 before you enter Mud Flats, and many top players dun even bother with that. Pop the nests and enter Lower Submerged ASAP, then gain some XP there, mebbe another level. Hopefully, you have a TP scroll, or can locate the WP quickly (which is why Fixed Seed races are nice), and can get to town to get your reward from Tarkleigh before going to the Upper Submerged Passage. Dodge as much as you can there, and get to the Ledge, and you're gravy.

If you're doing all that already, I dunno what the problem is.

GL in the new season! =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
I grab the weapon, kill the zombie, grab the gem, then beeline to Hillock and socket the gem on the run. I run as a shadow, but someone always beats me to kill Hillock - I blame the unusability of the Australian server for racing, combined with my competing against Americans who have a lower ping. I grab a coral since apparently that's how racing is done!

I skip as much of the Terraces as possible, stopping only if I start training a big pack. I have trouble with the rhoas - their charge stuns, deals damage, and there are a lot of rhoas. I would prefer not to die to them, so I kill them when I feel there are enough to be threatening. I think this is what slows me down.

I clear some of the slippy things in the passage since they cluster up, but the Daughter cold effects are absolutely crippling and did get me killed on one occasion. I think my problem is mostly rhoas, but there are no more 12 minute leagues for the rest of the season, plus they aren't that common anyway. I don't have the time or the skill to do a 1-hour league. 20 minutes or less would be nice, and a great stepping-stone for longer leagues. Alas!
IRON MAN
At low levels, a Chain Belt is also a nice buy. Cheap, and if you get lucky, you can have 20ES to complement your Coral Ring. It'll stand you in good stead until you get that Leather Belt c. lvl 8.

As for Shadow first kills on Hillock, I'm playing in the US and NEVER get to whack him first, either, with or without taking time to socket Double Strike. I honestly dunno what else I can try. I have a hunch it's not consistently the same players, though; it prolly comes down to a lucky crit reducing his health faster in a given fight.

Rhoas suck, and how they cluster around the nests can come down to a bit of luck, too. What surprised me the most about racing, though, is how much you can actually get away with, starting with killing Hillock at lvl 1, sometimes with NO gear. So, it can pay to be daring when you might wanna be cautious (though it's always a gamble). Those Merveil's Daughters definitely warrant caution, and I always breathe a sigh of relief when I'm past 'em.

Oh, well. Might try to rush through on a longer league, even a Turbo league (hate Turbo Rhoas, though!). It's great practice, and gets you to the Ledge sooner for a bit of farming. GL/HF! =^[.]^=

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info