0.10.8 Information and Race Updates

"
Map bosses are being reworked. In 0.10.8 Asphyxia will be redone.

Flicker Striker Undying Grappler with 9 charges and conversion trap in Waste Pool!
This patch is going to make people happy temporarily as they have a better spot to do runs than Docks now but this also means they will be stuck grinding an area for far longer than Docks which is going to turn a lot of players off.

edit: or Sarn or whichever it is now
Last edited by terrorist on Apr 30, 2013, 5:22:06 AM
I already have 2 character that hit brick wall in Act 3 merci, due to bad gear (couldn't clear Crematorium with lvl 65 LS templar). I'm trying to farm City of sarn with them, but it's such a painful and boring grind as nothing drops.

Now it seems it's going to be even bigger grind, and act 3 will become inaccessible, at least to my characters, because NOTHING GOOD EVER DROPS. I'm still wearing some items from act 3 cruel/act 1 merci that I got ages ago with my ranger (lvl 75 now, stuck at lvl 68 maps).
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
Great. Looking forward to it.
Game is beta... stop bitchin about desync kids...

If not, see ya later..
If it doesn't touch the client then we can't ban for it. -Chris
no more weekly new skills... ?
Last edited by Shogen on Apr 30, 2013, 5:33:08 AM
"
Odoakar wrote:
I already have 2 character that hit brick wall in Act 3 merci, due to bad gear (couldn't clear Crematorium with lvl 65 LS templar). I'm trying to farm City of sarn with them, but it's such a painful and boring grind as nothing drops.

Now it seems it's going to be even bigger grind, and act 3 will become inaccessible, at least to my characters, because NOTHING GOOD EVER DROPS. I'm still wearing some items from act 3 cruel/act 1 merci that I got ages ago with my ranger (lvl 75 now, stuck at lvl 68 maps).

how is that even possible.
"
e7ang wrote:
Why would anyone complain? It's simply giving you more options to grind, after all ARPGS are about grinding. Now we have more content to grind not less. All positive.

Not like act 3 was difficult to begin with. I was farming docks at like level 59, and really had no clue what I was doing. Now instead you just wait until 61, which is what like an hour difference.

I don't understand all the QQ over the change. Just giving us more options on where to farm.

Someone playing self found or not having RNG luck will be stuck in these areas. They are lovely once you pass and can grind them easily but the initial pass is unbearable. I had 7-9 characters in alpha just come to a dead stop around act 2/3 merci, that's with the changes they are suggesting, they were live there for a long time.

I liked the idea of having higher side areas and optional quest as a replacement for low level maps. Making areas that are mandatory to pass through is just going to lead to frustration.

I'm telling you, I've been there, it sucks.
Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856
"
artojas wrote:
"
Odoakar wrote:

how is that even possible.

That's what I would like to know also. This is some of my gear, acquired after hours and hours of solo play, with minimal trading. My templar is at 3,9k health, fire at 40%, and I just get melted in Crematorium. And yeah, I know, more fire resist would be good, but for that I would need better gear. My dps is not high enough, my armor is too low, my resist are barely up there thanks to having a nice shield, but that's the pattern - I reroll a character, it's fun until Act 3 Merci where I get stuck (lvl 75 ranger at maps, lvl 65 templar at crematorium, lvl 62 shadow at slums, lvl 57 mara at the end of act 2).

Spoiler

Honestly, from my experience, 99% of rares that drop are not good (either stats are bad, or the slots/colors are not good, meaning you need to invest fortune in them to make them good), which looks awfully similar to my experience with D3.
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
Last edited by Odoakar on Apr 30, 2013, 5:41:31 AM
No new uniques?
http://poestatistics.com/users/zarammoth/

PM ING: Draggorian

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info