0.10.8 Information and Race Updates

Just STFU about the "desync" issues. I've NEVER had a desync except very small enemy warping and I've NEVER lost a HC character to desync. Whiners QQing about desync live in the damn sewers or just doesn't know how to play this game.
Last edited by mushioov on Apr 30, 2013, 4:28:38 AM
"
Moosifer wrote:
Cannot wait for all the complaints about the new area levels. The same people who gave a +1 or quick "ya sounds good" are going to be the ones losing their minds on the forums because act 3 merci will be hell to get through. Just imagine while leveling you jumped into an easy mod lvl 66 maps middle of act 3 when you clearly aren't ready to handle mapping. You will be stuck grinding act 2, then city of sarn, then getting frustrated at docks, then in lunaris then once you have enough lvl 68 maps (as all that grinding will give you alot of 66s and you'll be close or over 80 so what's the point of starting at 66 maps, vendor them up and take RNG out of it) you'll finally reach the end game, where you can grind for gear to do lvl 77 maps (ofc you have to find them first).

It's grinding so you can grind. Not even being most effective either, just to allow yourself to progress. This is one of the reasons D3 was so frustrating, you farmed act 1 inferno to allow yourself to farm act 2 inferno, to allow yourself to farm act 3 inferno then you hoped to get gear 1% better to speed up your clear speed in the slightest. All of this knowing that 50m upgrade you just bought will only be significantly improved by a 2b gold upgrade.

I'm begging you, don't do it. I was so happy you did away with it in alpha, please don't bring it back.

Agreed on all points, it's a very bad idea.
Why not simply making Grigor sell maps after you finish merciless if they're meant to be readily available?

On the other hand skill rebalancing is very welcome and first four are chosen spot-on, not that they can't be used but there are a lot of skills that are much more efficient AND much more fun.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Apr 30, 2013, 4:37:37 AM
Many good Things, even I'm not very sure about the Changes within Merciless Act 3 and Maps. Curious in what Direction the Skill-Changes will go.
Besides all of that I know some People that will love the PaySafecard-Support.
Keep calm, play PoE, drink Tea & listen to Prog!

Exiled.eu ... deutsche PoE-Community mit News, TS3, Guides & vielen netten Leuten :)
"
Shippal wrote:
I am very happy to see the skill rebalancing and the rebalancing of Merciless Act 3. These are changes that needed to come, and will greatly benefit the playerbase. The game is currently unpolished, and working on the skill system is a good start to getting more players interested in the content. I would really love to speak with you directly about my own thoughts on the skill system, but I think that I will make a forum post in General Chat directly focusing on those 4 gems that you mentioned. Hopefully that will help to generate good feeback for those gems outside of their dedicated skill threads, because I know that many players do not check there anymore, and a lot of the content in those threads is outdated.

I am still upset to see people posting about how the team should "fix desync" in every patch. I just returned to this game after a hiatus, opened up a hardcore character, played for a few hours, and guess what? I had no problems with desync at all, even in a party. (Though I did notice framerate drops whenever I tried to cast Raise Skeleton.)

Maybe it's just you ? Desync is so easy to spot you need to be blind to not see it.

I love HC but I'm giving up on it permanently until they fix this (if ever). I can't be arsed to risk losing my chars to teleporting monsters and whatnot, and I don't like to "altF4".
"
IMDisappoint wrote:
I think the leaderboard for the signature events is not quite correct. At the very least Choilicious had a level 29 shadow finish in event 34 (http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/349924) and NoObLeR was a level 30 ranger in event 22 (http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/342105)

These are the signature leaders that I just generated:

Duelist:
(account) - level - xp - event
grindis123 31 6217724 1
essau 31 5897554 22
asdfman 31 5519620 34

Marauder:
AlkaizerX 31 5697750 22
Goratha 30 4774208 22
myapeli 29 4184472 34

Ranger:
NoObLeR 30 5075214 22
boof 29 4170214 10
4KKris 28 3541961 38

Shadow:
NoObLeR 29 4730168 4
Choilicious 29 4406667 4
IMDisappoint 27 3318936 2

Templar:
Krippers 33 7983586 22
Absurdd 32 6454135 22
ssnodgrass1283 31 5743966 34

Witch:
eype 29 4166762 4
Powster 28 3963232 38
Invalesco 27 3442856 1

Edit: exilestats is tracking the signature events now on the front page. leaderboard there is similar to mine

Note: current up to original post time, wrong now
And as it is such so also as such is it unto you
Last edited by IMDisappoint on Apr 30, 2013, 6:33:21 PM
"
From Season Two event 57 onwards, we've modified prizes so that they go down to lower levels and have slightly increased random rewards.

Can you elaborate please ? The news will be even more exciting if you put details :)
Anarchy/Onslaught T-Shirt Owner.
Trading Guide : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/519890
Killing Vaal merc with (600 life) : http://is.gd/qsgV9P [Open Beta]
Let's be Crazy: http://is.gd/TxxLsS / Old Suggestion: http://is.gd/Jd09W0
<< God blesses those who bless themselves >>
Regarding Lightning Warp Balance!!

Please alter the skill so that your minions will get teleported too!
Right now its somewhat annoying waiting on stuck minions or force them to spawn while running much further into mob-crowds to get the needed distance.

It would really be helpful to control them a bit better and position them good before big packs.
Also i dont see a downside/unfair advantage/etc. for this request either, so pls add Minion-teleporting to Lightning Warp!
Last edited by laoslyxid on Apr 30, 2013, 4:37:10 AM
Oh with rebalancing discharge. Either bump the damage up like 25-50% and keep the 4% crit chance. Or jack the crit to 5-6% and call it a day. Discharge is balanced around diamond flasks. You only need a second to set off discharge and in most cases if it crits it's going to wipe the screen out. With diamonds, pop a diamond, boom, screen clear. Without diamonds, boom, oh shit my life is dropping like a rock and I didn't even take this group to half life.

The amount of crit you need to make it work leaves you just wanting to use ANY other skill that has 6% or more crit chance because you'll easily break 50% chance with the same amount it takes to get discharge over 35%. I rather be critting 60% of the time with FP, doing insane DPS rather than criting 40% of the time with discharge for one burst.
Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856
"
mushioov wrote:
Just STFU about the "desync" issues. I've NEVER had a desync except very small enemy warping and I've NEVER lost a HC character to desync. Whiners QQing about desync live in the damn sewers or just doesn't know how to play this game.

"
Season Reward Points: 0

That explains a lot :)
"
Moosifer wrote:
Oh with rebalancing discharge. Either bump the damage up like 25-50% and keep the 4% crit chance. Or jack the crit to 5-6% and call it a day. Discharge is balanced around diamond flasks. You only need a second to set off discharge and in most cases if it crits it's going to wipe the screen out. With diamonds, pop a diamond, boom, screen clear. Without diamonds, boom, oh shit my life is dropping like a rock and I didn't even take this group to half life.

The amount of crit you need to make it work leaves you just wanting to use ANY other skill that has 6% or more crit chance because you'll easily break 50% chance with the same amount it takes to get discharge over 35%. I rather be critting 60% of the time with FP, doing insane DPS rather than criting 40% of the time with discharge for one burst.

I think the skill needs a rather huge damage boost and being made unable to crit, as it is, it's a screen cleaner with diamond flasks, and a total waste of charges without.

Also, the progression needs to be redone, it's too strong early and too weak later.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Apr 30, 2013, 4:41:10 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info