0.10.8 Information and Race Updates

"
estu87 wrote:
"
Nithryok wrote:
I played with whirling blades and cyclone on my dual claw ranger from lvl 31-71 in HC and im still alive, I have only died once to a desync to vaal, if your character is so paper thin you did in 2-3 hits you should not be where you are to begin with.

Quit crying about de-sync, learn to compensate for it or move to default now and save your self the hassle of making a qq I de-synced and died thread later.

/desync issue

compensate?? like desync is part of the game feature?

desync is a problem, it's been there since CB. and they should fix it, it's even make some skill unuseable.

Like Cyclone lol

Desync gets worse at different times of the day. When there servers are over loaded or something. I noticed it getting worse and worse in closed beta as the amount of people and server load continued to increase.

I also notice it to be worse in the afternoon versus morning.

Last edited by psythos on May 8, 2013, 3:18:24 AM
so...when can we see full patch notes?
So excited :D does anyone have any updates?
"
Jaknet wrote:
"
DalaiLama wrote:
If someone is running the map solo and investing currency, I think they are trying to get the cart to pull the horse faster.

If that is the case then something is seriously wrong with the map system if it caters to groups and penalizes solo players.

It isn't just the maps system, its the whole challenge vs drop rate of solo/MP.

Groups seem to always get the shiny bits, while solo players get the pointy end of the stick. if GGG had some sort of solo increased difficulty that even brought it halfway to group levels, it would be a wonderous thing.

To me it seems like a double penalty for solo players, in that you must proceed much more slowly and get rewarded with far less.

When GGG has the rest of the game polished, I really hope they go back to making solo play just as potentially rewarding as group play.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
"
DalaiLama wrote:
If someone is running the map solo and investing currency, I think they are trying to get the cart to pull the horse faster.
I disagree, there's not much difference in running a map solo, than in a party. Unless you ninja stuff that drops for other players, your drops won't really be different. And what is a few alterations or an Alch when running maps solo, not that big an "invesment."

Personally I've had the best results/fun running Alch'd maps 40-80% with a mapping partner. We get literally 1 Unique every other map. Just got a Marohi Erqi off the first white pack on one, and my partner got Vaults of Atziri off next map o_0

Good times. :P

Yeah, the new unique drop rates are nice for solo and small group play. I was referring to the quantity of map drops. I doubt (please correct me if I am wrong) that solo map runners see 4-5 maps drop in most maps they run, whereas that seems to be very common in full map groups that I have been in.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
Belis wrote:
Complicated or not, it is here, and it spoils the game, "sir"... If they were serious with adjusting the synchronization, they would bring to a halt the useless patching and direct their full energy to tackle the #1 problem this game faces.

It is as if you broke your leg, and instead of restoring your leg to its full working potential, the doctors insist on giving you facial manicure. Thank you doctor, but I'd rather be aesthetically displeasing and able to run as intended, than being a good-looking cripple in a wheelchair.

Incorrect analogy. Let's say your wife was in the hospital for brain surgery, and to make it go faster, they stopped all the pediatricians, obstrecians, gynecologists, dentists and construction workers (who were adding a new building to the hospital). Is the electrician really going to speed the brain surgery up? Will adding the midwife to the brain surgery team help?

I suggest some practice with one of these:

http://img3.etsystatic.com/000/0/5281890/il_fullxfull.232742243.jpg

will help people understand while fixing the Desync issue does not mean GGG has to stop doing everything else.

In R/L my superior at work just lost their job (and I expect 2 levels higher to lose theirs in the short term) because they can't quite grasp the concept that every person isn't the same square peg that can be shoved in the same square hole to make things work - the end result is failure.

The "Just Use the HAMMER!" approach won't fix the desynch issue. If it were that easy, GGG would have a horde of Marauder/Developers ground slamming out the solution to desync.

Last edited by DalaiLama on May 9, 2013, 8:57:56 AM
"
RockRanger wrote:
I love how people come to this forum an talk about micro stutter an dsync an get ripped apart by a few assholes that feel like there jumping on a grenade for GGG let people bring these things up so they will fix what concerns people an yes GGG needs to fix those issues

They thought they were jumping on the grenade, but due to desynch, they were actually jumping on Bobo the clown who was in the next tent over trying to work up the courage to jump the shark tank on a unicycle.
Last edited by DalaiLama on May 9, 2013, 9:14:42 AM
hey folks,
an Open Beta as far as I know is usually used to test server stability and other technical aspects, therefore it`s more than appropriate for people to mention the Desync problem and lag spikes without getting bombed with verbal feces like in a virtual monkey cage. especially when you are already able to invest money in this OB.

my little list of problems:
1. Desync
2. login issues with dynamic IPs
3. lag
4. lvl 70 chars looking like they wear a sack. I`m not a fan of WOW aesthetics but there must be something between the cosmetic purchases from the store and the actual game content. (glowing horns over my head doesn`t make the sack less uhm...saggy...)

cheers
I noticed a few different events that I'm curious about in terms of the acronyms.

Lethal TI
LATI
LACTIF

Could ya spill the beans? I'm stoked =)
Twitch.TV/Calipark (CaliTV)
The Racing Channel!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info