0.10.8 Information and Race Updates

I lost all my faith with this patch post.
They acknowledge that the negative feedback is very valid, but go ahead and do it anyways (in order to please the masses that gave positive feedback).
Blizzard did the same thing and turned D3´s itemization into shit by listening to a bunch of positive feedback people that dont know what repercussions their discussed changes would have.
I had stopped playing PoE anyways, but i will likely not come back after these announcements.
The game still goes backwards and there is still no communication between devs and players as there was during closed beta.

All those well thought out negative feedback posts (that are all valid), only to have the devs spit on them and do it anyways.
The doomsday posts that are flooding the forums right now were true, GGG lost track of what is important since open beta, which is very sad.
Last edited by gh0un on Apr 30, 2013, 6:12:14 AM
"
Odoakar wrote:

Honestly, from my experience, 99% of rares that drop are not good (either stats are bad, or the slots/colors are not good, meaning you need to invest fortune in them to make them good), which looks awfully similar to my experience with D3.

uh, since when can you modify items in d3..?
Huh, lunaris 3 a 68 area catacombs a 67, who would ever run and waste currecny on 66-68 maps now? And considering gettin a big load of 70s+ is not the easiest thing to do and costs enourmous investment of orbs, the low lvl maps are gonna become utter crap. And why would a 68 area where monsters go up to lvl 70 will only drop lvl 66 maps that nobody gonna run afeter getting them??? Endless cycle of crap incomming?

P.S. Clearly ele templar and leap duelist are a bit OP, dont you think so?
Last edited by MyH4o on Apr 30, 2013, 6:00:02 AM
"
Therealshotzz wrote:
"
Odoakar wrote:

Honestly, from my experience, 99% of rares that drop are not good (either stats are bad, or the slots/colors are not good, meaning you need to invest fortune in them to make them good), which looks awfully similar to my experience with D3.

uh, since when can you modify items in d3..?

That's the what the d3 reference is about.
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
Last edited by Odoakar on Apr 30, 2013, 6:01:19 AM
"
MyH4o wrote:
Huh, lunaris 3 a 68 area catacombs a 67, who would ever run and waste currecny on 66-68 maps now? And considering gettin a big load of 70s+ is not the easiest thing to do and costs enourmous investment of orbs, the low lvl maps are gonna become utter crap. And why would a 68 area where monsters go up to lvl 70 will only drop lvl 66 maps that nobody gonna run afeter getting them??? Endless cycle of crap incomming?

Why anyone would bother with 66-68 maps when you can gear yourself just to handle lunaris 3, which has no chaos damage, not many ranged mobs, a couple of elementals and you can even go as far to find out which res is weakest there. Meanwhile maps you can get anything from all zombies/skele no necro to every single hellish mob in the game.

You can save on gear, as you don't need to max everything just specific things and you can save on not having to roll maps.

If this change really goes into effect remove 66 maps completely, I just don't see a point to them.
Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856
"
Moosifer wrote:
"
MyH4o wrote:

Why anyone would bother with 66-68 maps when you can gear yourself just to handle lunaris 3, which has no chaos damage, not many ranged mobs, a couple of elementals and you can even go as far to find out which res is weakest there. Meanwhile maps you can get anything from all zombies/skele no necro to every single hellish mob in the game.

You can save on gear, as you don't need to max everything just specific things and you can save on not having to roll maps.

If this change really goes into effect remove 66 maps completely, I just don't see a point to them.

Only place 67+ maps drop will be in 66 maps, thats one point.
"
e7ang wrote:
Only place 67+ maps drop will be in 66 maps, thats one point.

...I was hoping it was implied that the new bottom level would be 67s.

or did you really think my solution to map drops was to remove the only possible way to enter them? From here out maps don't drop in act 3 you can only find maps from the maps that exist on the server currently. Good luck everyone.
Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856
Heh, I just come to check the patch notes regarding desynch. Still no fun.

Even though the population dropped two, three fold at least the desnyhc is still the same eh? As we predicted, as I knew it will be.

Once again and the last time: please get some serious professionals on this issue. Please pay someone a few months to fix this thing. This is almost like that pretty new sportscar you just bought but has to be in service 95% of the time cause it breaks randomly above 100km/h.
man..i cant wait for those normal act zone changes..
its honestly being enough of grinding crappy lvl 63 docks ,and rewards from maps being utterly undesirable.
But truth to be told as lvl 81 i am seriously stuck in leveling progress,and with tons of lvl 66 maps which most of them (indoor) as summoner i cannot do simply cause of stupid indoor minion bugs,and even when i do those that i can, i get almost no exp for doing them or maps of higher lvl to progress further..
which makes all of it going in one magic circle ,cant find better gear cause of no higher maps,and cant get any exp cause of low lvl maps..

Therefor as summoner i honestly hope that GGG will rethink of adding at least temporary some kind of a "resummon" button to recall minions to your position..

Thanks for listening.
Last edited by IceLancerSR on Apr 30, 2013, 6:42:25 AM
"
MyH4o wrote:
Huh, lunaris 3 a 68 area catacombs a 67, who would ever run and waste currecny on 66-68 maps now?

Nothing says you HAVE to spend currency on them, even now(though you'll obviously get better drops if you do). It sounds like with this change, low level maps will be a lot more common too, so running out won't be as likely and even if you do, you'll still have decently high-level normal areas to run.

As for the question of why you'd want to run maps at all with the normal areas being higher level now...I'm guessing that's why they're looking into adjusting the rewards on maps as well. I think it may take a bit of time for them to play with all the numbers and get things right, but the overall concept behind this change seems like a good idea at least.

As for the other changes in the update, I hope there are still new uniques, maybe a new skill or 2, and some other changes that haven't been mentioned yet, but what's listed so far there looks good. The change to races looks especially good. It looks like as long as you stay alive the whole time and make at least a reasonable effort, you should be able to get at least to the 3 point level tier without too much trouble, which I think is probably the minimum amount of points you'd want to really make running a race worthwhile(This at least makes it reasonably easy to earn decent levels of rewards). Even if you die partway through the race, you'd also probably have time to go back and at least hit the 1 point tier so it wouldn't be a total loss unless you died in the last few minutes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info