3.24.2 Hotfix 5

"
natural183 wrote:
"
vacii wrote:

You sound like you partook quite a lot in this.

Mr. Detective at work.
No, I'm just tired of seeing people asking for bans left and right. Ban is a serious deal if you think about it. People are using the game to get away from many problems, many are relying on it as the only way to relax. Some spent a lot of money on their accounts, money that helped to build this game and the upcoming sequel.
And now you want to take their accounts away from them because they tried something on a dead league month in, something that is getting fixed very fast. Should we also decapitate them?

Look, i'm not calling for permanent bans, anyone with common sense wouldn't. However a temporary suspension seems fair.

I do however have a problem, with people jumping in, hastily, to defend everyone who exploited and benefited to the detriment of others.
"
Demental wrote:
"
Still labelling every person that disagrees with your opinion as an exploiter I see...

Did it ever occur to you that maybe other people could disagree with your opinion AND not have participated?

The guy was just trying to figure out the scale of how many people would be banned if these bloodthirsty ban screamers were blindly listened to, and you labelled him as if he exploited.

Exploiter is the new racist. These people are so tiresome.

Please go back and read through whole exchange, i goes for about 5 pages where my words are taken out of context.

Also what do you mean by "These people"? (you see how is it is, don't you?)
Not calling for bans, but if you sold one of these items I would start saving for new stash tabs for your new account. How could anyone justify in their mind this would be acceptable is beyond me.
"

Just say you don't want other people to have things you don't have. Eat the rich, right?
...................................................₪₪╔═════════════╗₪₪
░▒▓██████▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░▀▄▀ IGN: DEMENTAL ▀▄▀
...................................................₪₪╚═════════════╝₪₪
"
LaserVonRekyu wrote:

Still labelling every person that disagrees with your opinion as an exploiter I see...

Did it ever occur to you that maybe other people could disagree with your opinion AND not have participated?

The guy was just trying to figure out the scale of how many people would be banned if these bloodthirsty ban screamers were blindly listened to, and you labelled him as if he exploited.

I'm not labeling anyone, repeating it won't make it true.

I'm clearly being as ridiculous as he is, on purpose.

"
Demental wrote:
"

Just say you don't want other people to have things you don't have. Eat the rich, right?

Nope, i'm arguing against defending exploiters on principle, that's it. Go read the entire exchange since page 12 or 13.
Last edited by vacii on May 4, 2024, 4:19:53 AM
its funny that people get so riled up about something that dosent matter.

Even GGG considers month into the league point where they dont care about integrity - you can reedem alt artworks 1 month into the league - in Affliction 20-30 quant alt art goldwyrms were hot for sale for example and people werent complaining.
If you want to play authority and recommend bans for finding crazy interactions in a game about finding crazy interactions, then you should take this moment to self reflect and ask yourself why that might be ?
"
vacii wrote:
Nope, i'm arguing against defending exploiters on principle, that's it. Go read the entire exchange since pad 12 or 13.

Listen, obviously everyone knows this is an unintended mechanic. But the developers often tell us to go and search for new recipes and mechanics. It doesn't make sense to punish anyone for this when the whole model of the game is designed around "fear of missing out". I know that's been thrown around a lot lately, but it is true.

The developers were also big Diablo 2 fans. They were OG players. They should know that bugged and glitched items on the D2 LOD servers played a big part in the economy. Most of them became novelty items and continued existing on non-ladder where it didn't hurt the main game.

The good option for GGG to take here is to give people a few days to play with the items and return them to their original state with bench crafting. Of course they'll need to an a patch to temporarily allow for items like belts to use a new temporary "Zero Sockets" craft. Anyone who fails to do so by the patch will have their item poof. And simply move on from there.

To wipe out any concerns about the old fire resist chest, they could easily put a cap on how much resistance you can have on a single modifier. Set it to +300% as I don't think they'll ever release an item with more than that amount. The chest will still be good, but not game breaking. This will be a similar cap to how they dealt with the bugged gems that had over 100% quality. They capped them at 40%.
...................................................₪₪╔═════════════╗₪₪
░▒▓██████▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░▀▄▀ IGN: DEMENTAL ▀▄▀
...................................................₪₪╚═════════════╝₪₪
"
Demental wrote:
"
vacii wrote:
Nope, i'm arguing against defending exploiters on principle, that's it. Go read the entire exchange since pad 12 or 13.

Listen, obviously everyone knows this is an unintended mechanic. But the developers often tell us to go and search for new recipes and mechanics. It doesn't make sense to punish anyone for this when the whole model of the game is designed around "fear of missing out". I know that's been thrown around a lot lately, but it is true.

The developers were also big Diablo 2 fans. They were OG players. They should know that bugged and glitched items on the D2 LOD servers played a big part in the economy. Most of them became novelty items and continued existing on non-ladder where it didn't hurt the main game.

The good option for GGG to take here is to give people a few days to play with the items and return them to their original state with bench crafting. Of course they'll need to an a patch to temporarily allow for items like belts to use a new temporary "Zero Sockets" craft. Anyone who fails to do so by the patch will have their item poof. And simply move on from there.

To wipe out any concerns about the old fire resist chest, they could easily put a cap on how much resistance you can have on a single modifier. Set it to +300% as I don't think they'll ever release an item with more than that amount. The chest will still be good, but not game breaking. This will be a similar cap to how they dealt with the bugged gems that had over 100% quality. They capped them at 40%.

I do agree with you.

Like i said argue against defending those who exploit for profit. I think we can agree there is a line between being curious and trying to scam someone out of their currency by selling them an item that will clearly be either reverted or deleted. We either figure out where the line is, or we go over this again and again like idiots.

I think we can safely assume that at least 1 person payed good amount of currency for such an item and that is not OK in my book.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info