New and Changed Scarabs in Path of Exile: Necropolis

This might just be the greatest addition to the core game ever implemented holy shit!
good change?
No Sextants and Scarab limits equal less choice. Welcome to PoE Lite. Low end crafting nerfed, high end crafting nerfed.
Welcome to scarabtopia !
Thanks a lot for the news, really appreciate it. Everything is here, it's on the main website page and those new scarabs are beautiful : perfect !
"
FalkenRaiding wrote:

Why? This is the most extensive end-game rework we've ever had.

A rework no one asked about?

I knew they would do something about a strat from the last league, but they just decimated it completely. Empty maps with no loot = no fun = early quit.
Awesome!
INTJ-T. Love instrumental, non vocal, music. Love Stand-up comedy. Love Isometric/top-down dungeon crawler ARPGs.

Started playing in Ultimatum.
Add me on steam: steamcommunity.com/id/Ash91_ (friend code: 413758162)
Where is The heist scarabs? No more implicit on my contracts?
Lets GO :D
These are just sextants with extra steps. How are people not seeing through what's really happening with this? The sextants existed OUTSIDE of the map device, it gave you 4 different modifiers you could add to your maps on the watchstones. That means you got 4 modifiers from your sextants AND 4 modifiers from your scarabs. You removed this and now replaced it with more item clutter via scarabs, yet we still only have 4 slots for scarabs on the map device. So we're getting worse modifiers on scarabs to accommodate the sextant mechanic you removed, yet we only have 4 slots on the map device to use the scarabs. How is no one commenting on this? I'm genuinely asking. I looked through the scarabs, in what way is this a better system than the sextants??

Also, why did prophecies have to get removed if they accomplished a similar goal, you could roll prophecies for frogs, rats, tempests. Now you can't roll for frogs or rats. Tempests you can only get as a rare occurrence off of the map mods you have to pay for. It's going backwards in terms of options.

Why did Metamorph have to get removed? That was one of the few fun mechanics to run on a map. I don't understand what's happening anymore. This is just sad...
🔷🔶🔰🌀✨Standard>Leagues✨🌀🔰🔶🔷
🔷🔶🔰🌀✨Make trade like the Grand Exchange from RuneScape✨🌀🔰🔶🔷

Let us zoom out more. Bring back: 32:9, Heist Alt Quality Gems, Sextants, Gear Enchanting, Prophecy, Perandus, Metamorph, Scourge, Sentinel, Kalandra & Crucible. Stop removing content from the game.
Last edited by MLGonthorian on Mar 27, 2024, 5:54:39 AM
I am deathly convinced that you have thought of it but: Do higher versions of a certain scarab guarantee the content their basic version offers for example the Delirium scarabs, if you use a Delirium Scarab of Mania does it guarantee that there will be a Delirium Mirror in the map or are we left at the mercy of random map generation.... orrr are we forced to use 2 of the same scarab so we can guarantee the content, if that is the case CAN we use 2 of the same class of scarabs?

If this is so then why even have the basic scarab guarantee content if the higher tier scarabs can also guarantee content, then the lowest tier scarab just becomes a fragment.

I may be looking too deeply into this but I'm just grasping at straws to see a negative through all the hype my body is experiencing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info