New and Changed Scarabs in Path of Exile: Necropolis

Nice
"
MLGonthorian wrote:
These are just sextants with extra steps. How are people not seeing through what's really happening with this? The sextants existed OUTSIDE of the map device, it gave you 4 different modifiers you could add to your maps on the watchstones. That means you got 4 modifiers from your sextants AND 4 modifiers from your scarabs. You removed this and now replaced it with more item clutter via scarabs, yet we still only have 4 slots for scarabs on the map device. So we're getting worse modifiers on scarabs to accommodate the sextant mechanic you removed, yet we only have 4 slots on the map device to use the scarabs. How is no one commenting on this? I'm genuinely asking. I looked through the scarabs, in what way is this a better system than the sextants??

Also, why did prophecies have to get removed if they accomplished a similar goal, you could roll prophecies for frogs, rats, tempests. Now you can't roll for frogs or rats. Tempests you can only get as a rare occurrence off of the map mods you have to pay for. It's going backwards in terms of options.

Why did Metamorph have to get removed? That was one of the few fun mechanics to run on a map. I don't understand what's happening anymore. This is just sad...

People have pointed out that you will have 4 less modifiers with sextants gone. People are just glad that they don't have to bulk buy compasses through a 3rd party site that's connected to a 3rd party discord. The market will adjust and we will all be happier.
Pog
we need MOOREEE slots for scarabs in maps device -_-
"
wardloop wrote:
"
MLGonthorian wrote:
These are just sextants with extra steps. How are people not seeing through what's really happening with this? The sextants existed OUTSIDE of the map device, it gave you 4 different modifiers you could add to your maps on the watchstones. That means you got 4 modifiers from your sextants AND 4 modifiers from your scarabs. You removed this and now replaced it with more item clutter via scarabs, yet we still only have 4 slots for scarabs on the map device. So we're getting worse modifiers on scarabs to accommodate the sextant mechanic you removed, yet we only have 4 slots on the map device to use the scarabs. How is no one commenting on this? I'm genuinely asking. I looked through the scarabs, in what way is this a better system than the sextants??

Also, why did prophecies have to get removed if they accomplished a similar goal, you could roll prophecies for frogs, rats, tempests. Now you can't roll for frogs or rats. Tempests you can only get as a rare occurrence off of the map mods you have to pay for. It's going backwards in terms of options.

Why did Metamorph have to get removed? That was one of the few fun mechanics to run on a map. I don't understand what's happening anymore. This is just sad...

People have pointed out that you will have 4 less modifiers with sextants gone. People are just glad that they don't have to bulk buy compasses through a 3rd party site that's connected to a 3rd party discord. The market will adjust and we will all be happier.

Think through what you just said. You think this will make trade more bearable? It will not. Here's why. Before, you would only have to buy sextants in bulk and you can roll for sextant mods yourself. It only takes a couple of rolls to get the mods you want usually and you can settle for most mods sextants gave you.

Now, you have to HOPE that someone prices a scarab that you want at a decent price and the scarab that you want, will be priced higher, as opposed to a fixed price of a sextant that is priced based on the notion of it rolling any mod. I don't know how else to explain this, but it's a worse system with this change in every way imaginable.

How can anyone even argue that sextant rolling was a chore to them? You would rather lose the ability to modify your map in meaningful ways so that you don't have to apply 4 clicks on the atlas watchstones?? Yet you're fine with clicking 10 times as much to have to pick up the new scarabs you will have to now use to get half of the power back from the sextant change you will be losing?

Maybe, just maybe, they had a good system that didn't require any "fixing" to begin with. Yet they're so insistent on fixing what isn't broken that they have to either remove or drastically change an entire system for the sake of showing they are changing something. It's just annoying. It's not fun, it's frustrating, and takes away options as a net negative. That is all that I see from all of these changes.
🔷🔶🔰🌀✨Standard>Leagues✨🌀🔰🔶🔷
🔷🔶🔰🌀✨Make trade like the Grand Exchange from RuneScape✨🌀🔰🔶🔷

Let us zoom out more. Bring back: 32:9, Heist Alt Quality Gems, Sextants, Gear Enchanting, Prophecy, Perandus, Metamorph, Scourge, Sentinel, Kalandra & Crucible. Stop removing content from the game.
Octavian hates heisters :< ! Now I have to run maps? GiGiGiiiii

(Going to be fun playing with these)
"
wardloop wrote:
"
MLGonthorian wrote:

ok bro if metamorph was fun to u then i have no more questions
The previous system was superior to this. Removing sexstants and master missions and replacing it with those new scarabs where you have only 4 slots in map device heavily limits the strat possibilities. Previously I could squeeze like 3-4 different mechanis into a single map and still be efficient with it. Now it seems you will have to focus on a single one per map or maybe you could add a second one. Sextants were not perfect by any means but they provided good customization for all the mechanics.

And rip for the heist sextant. Without it it makes doing self sufficient hesit strats more difficult as you will get a lot less reveals and rouge markers thus forcing us to buy contracts and markers from the market.
scarabs it is then, interesting move.

why not move the 5th map slot to uber lab instead of legion?

a legion run already is a top 10% restricted area , also there are people who hate party play.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
Maciek95 wrote:
"
wardloop wrote:
"
MLGonthorian wrote:

ok bro if metamorph was fun to u then i have no more questions

Wait till they do it to a league you enjoyed. It's only a matter of time. There is literally zero reason to just remove content from the game. Runescape has had content since 2001 improved upon and remastered instead of just outright removed. That is lazy design and shows a lack of effort. If they can't keep up with all the content they made before then maybe they should hire more people to handle it. Not like that's easy either but just throwing away content altogether is shortsighted and disrespectful to the players who invested time into experiencing it.
🔷🔶🔰🌀✨Standard>Leagues✨🌀🔰🔶🔷
🔷🔶🔰🌀✨Make trade like the Grand Exchange from RuneScape✨🌀🔰🔶🔷

Let us zoom out more. Bring back: 32:9, Heist Alt Quality Gems, Sextants, Gear Enchanting, Prophecy, Perandus, Metamorph, Scourge, Sentinel, Kalandra & Crucible. Stop removing content from the game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info