They will delete MF in 3.24?

IIRC, the last time both Mark and Jonathan were on the same interview, they both talked about making changes to the way items drop in PoE, with PoE2 having a different and separate item drop system from PoE1 (necessary because PoE2's item and gem/socket systems are also different). Neither sounded particularly happy about the way Item Rarity worked, currently, but neither said anything about specific changes.

So... no, PoE2 isn't waiting on PoE1's item drop system revision, and I'm not expecting PoE1's changes to be ready for 3.24. There will probably be changes at some point, especially in the interactions between Rarity and Quantity bonuses, but my guess would be Soon™, rather than soon, for those changes.
#ssf_is_better
#make_necropolis_core
#make_melee_better
Honestly I preffer "corruption" system LE has over MF on the gear and current wisps is mechanic simillar to that, but way more uncontrolable. You make everything on the map stronger, tankier, more dnagerous in general and it drops more loot.
MF as a mod on the gear is just outdated design.
They are not going to remove MF, i think they said that on the interviews.

Frankly, I don't like gimping yourself to get better loot. Why not increase difficulty directly instead?

On the other hand, there are people and builds which are broken each time and if you can predictably raise difficulty without limits and get better drops, that would increase great imbalances.

The recipe of 3.23 was very well done (although it was too rewarding), since you had a choice of making the game difficult to get better loot, but it was not deterministic. Some maps you had more whisps and some you had worse layout.
Baseline difficulty is probably quite low, so it makes sense to introduce a system to make content harder, just make it so that there's much less gains from it in comparison to 3.23.
I would say people prob care way too much at this point

Item rarity hardly changes anything: currency plain dont interact with it and interaction with cards is minimal(if its even there at all). Getting more yellows is hardly relevant as its quite solidified fact good stuff are crafted and dont just drop and not even 10k extra rarity can make a heavy belt drop as a mageblood with a shred of consistency

Item quantity have potential to have impact, but the devs are well aware of it and make sure the brunt of it comes on alch-ing the map. Quantity on other sources comes in extremely small amounts, usually around a very minimal 10%. Even on standard with legacy quantity support, gearing fully for IQ is still not enough to make divines or good cards drop in more noticeable amounts. The bonus on affliction must be well into 4 digits of extra quantity with 4k+ wisps to achieve the impact it have because regular IQ certaintly dont have nowhere near the impact wisps have

Item find hardly impacts the game at all, most streamers that go for it have mirror gear and just go for it because they are at the point where more power would be overkilling, so might as well go for the 0.01% because why not. The real juice is almost always on other stuff: the big juice behind increasing map affixes for example is not IQ or IR, its pack size(maven inv notwithstanding)

I also find kinda amusing the comparison with D2. On D2 ladder, a plain white archon plate, sacred armor or collossus volge had MUCH more value than anything short of a maras or a soj. On D2, equiping item find DECREASED the value of your loot because runewords were supreme and required white bases. Item find decreased considerably the chance for a good base to drop white for a pitful increase for a soj or a maras
PoE 1 is in maintenance mode, so no they won't rework systems or work on the game on a deeper level.

I wish MF was removed or reworked.

But... the game hasn't been balanced for 3 years now, so what do you expect.

Deadeye, Pathfinder, Tornado Shot, Lightning Arrow ; that's what the game has become, and will ever be. Sadly.
Affliction and Necropolis are the worst leagues ever to exist. The current game design and direction is atrocious.
"
PANTHEONE wrote:
I'm the only one who thinks they will remove MF from the game in patch 3.24 as a preparation for poe2? In the current league, people had the biggest mf buff in the history of the game, it felt like a last minute favor.

I might get hate from players, but I dream that MF and any party farming will be removed.

Forever, people have invested into items that lower both their damage output and survivability significantly for a chance at finding better loot. They play lower-level content because they can't play endgame and there's not even a question about whether they can farm ubers. They're gated out of that farm and many others.

In standard, the legacy quant modifiers allow rares to retain some of their power. In Leagues, to which your points are focused, at least 5/10 item slots are dedicated to items that don't really empower your build, only add MF and MAYBE resistances.

In parties, every member adds a 50-100% more life modifier to enemies in maps. Unique mobs will go from having say 10, mill life, to having 60 mill. But you dream that party farming is removed? So, there should be no reward for clearing content with a figurative 6x difficulty modifier and members also only get 1 portal each? This is not only unreasonable but unfair.

MF can be extremely expensive. In order to have a chance at clearing efficiently, you need very expensive items to fill the only slots that can provide damage output. Then even mageblood isn't good enough. You actually need headhunter buffs for enough damage output to kill things before they 1-tap you. If you don't accumulate enough headhunter buffs, or you look away for a second, you can brick a map due to being unable to build those buffs up again. It's not even everyone's first build. Usually, it requires a first successful build to generate currency, then a second build has everything poured into it. This often results in people asking whether 1 MF map is as profitable as the 3 end-game speed run maps a powerful build can run. Assuming that currency wasn't diverted into an MF one.

Players were given an opportunity near the end of PoE 1's life to accumulate wealth and gather powerful uniques to take into standard. They can then play around maybe make some fun builds or start again in the next league, wiping the slate clean.

"
PANTHEONE wrote:
I might get hate from players

Spoiler
People disagreeing with you isn't you receiving hate. Saying you want to take things away from people, then choosing to take pushback as hate is a little silly and you are in no way, at all, being victimised.
No one can hear you poop in the forrest.
"
Aynix wrote:
Honestly I preffer "corruption" system LE has over MF on the gear and current wisps is mechanic simillar to that, but way more uncontrolable. You make everything on the map stronger, tankier, more dnagerous in general and it drops more loot.

That in a nutshell is affliction minus the wisps; what's prompted so many to scREEch they want MF gone.
"
hmcg020 wrote:
"
Aynix wrote:

That in a nutshell is affliction minus the wisps; what's prompted so many to scREEch they want MF gone.

Yeah, because they were mad tha t their shit build cannot make as much money as those top mirror tier builds.
Such system makes big diffrence how much "money" you can farm on very strong build vs on meh build, while currently there is barely any diffrence (thing that matters the most, currently, is speed)
"
hmcg020 wrote:
what's prompted so many to scREEch they want MF gone.

People have been (with good reason) slamming MF LONG before Affliction league. MF was a crap mechanic in D2, and it is a crap mechanic in PoE. It will always be a crap mechanic. Hell, even Jonathan, the PoE 2 director, has said that he needed Chris to "remind him" why MF is a good mechanic. And it all boils down to the fact that it creates a bigger gap between the can's and cannot's.

I understand perfectly well why some people want it in the game. I also understand perfectly well why some people don't. Personally, I think it makes the whole game worse, both when it comes to balance, and when it comes to gearing. I also thought that back in the D2 days, and last time I checked, that was before Affliction.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
hmcg020 wrote:
what's prompted so many to scREEch they want MF gone.

People have been (with good reason) slamming MF LONG before Affliction league. MF was a crap mechanic in D2, and it is a crap mechanic in PoE. It will always be a crap mechanic. Hell, even Jonathan, the PoE 2 director, has said that he needed Chris to "remind him" why MF is a good mechanic. And it all boils down to the fact that it creates a bigger gap between the can's and cannot's.

I understand perfectly well why some people want it in the game. I also understand perfectly well why some people don't. Personally, I think it makes the whole game worse, both when it comes to balance, and when it comes to gearing. I also thought that back in the D2 days, and last time I checked, that was before Affliction.

How on earth was MF bad in D2? This train of thought honestly makes no sense to me and that's especially true for D2. What is "crap" about using specific gear to help find better drops? You invest heavily and lose power and it's harder to gear, though you have some MF. D2 had so few builds when compared to PoE. Gold barb or Blizzard Sorc. That was basically it IIRC. Should everyone have just grinded the same content mindlessly all running around with the same reduced chance at better drops? All in the name of what? perceived unfairness? That person's making a return on their investment and that offends me! REMOVE THEIR ITEMS AND DON'T LET THEM PLAY TOGETHER!

It's like saying there should be no businesses because even though they create wealth and provide jobs, the people higher up get paid more. They take all the risk and put in all the investment, but they shouldn't have the potential to make more? Oh and if that business goes bankrupt, do the employees also go bankrupt? No, only the higher ups do. What kind of backwards thinking leads to the thought that the generation of wealth and added items hurts normies?

The irony of thinking that a surplus of supply hurts those with less currency lol.
Last edited by hmcg020 on Mar 10, 2024, 6:59:21 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info