High DPS 1-Hand Lightning Strike/Multistrike 3 Aura Tank Duelist Guide by Ler [1.1.0]

Alright so since I got these 4LS, making firetrap and poison arrow even better will rape even more. Plus I got a 16% FireTrap and a 7% poison arrow. I am loving it so far, had a few close calls but life on hit helps alot. Another question with LA build, is a 20% life leech better than life on hit? I do plan to tweak athenas build with a ranged attack totem, most likely something that does cold AOE , omething that can freeze, slow something. I had a shadow with LA, ranged atk totem with Ice Shot 20% and it was great with LMP, ele damage and faster atks for slowing them down and doing decent dps. The only problem I have is there is no life nodes for awhile and not many until higher levels. I put 4 points into life nodes early on, i can respec as needed with my free respec points. But I felt it would help and it did.

Glad your revising Athenas LA build, but try to put options like ranged attack totem. I was going to rewrite it but people think ranged attack totem is useless on a duelist but if you can afford the items with links its great, like 6L bow, 6L chest, 4L everything else you can do it.

I want a lionseye, im saving now. I need 13 more exalts. for a 5L, 20 more for a 6L but I was thinking about just getting a good Tri Ele bow instead because there are some insane ele bows out there.

I sold all my softcore items for exalts to trade for exalts here. I had a nice tri ele, i sold for exalts eventually. trolls offered chaos but in the end i sold it easyly.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417212
Last edited by Uzeonie on Jun 21, 2013, 6:23:20 AM
Ler
whats the guidelines to using blood Rage? I seem to be losing A LOT more HP even with 13% chaos resist and regen well over 4% chaos dmg. I barely manage to survive with the life leach gem.

my skill tree
Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAdwCcQSzBS0MfQ6tEH8Y2xkuGjgb-h0UIWAl3yftKS4ppTIJMn4yiTbpOuE8LT38QKBDnEd-UFBT31RJVcZX4lhjWNtZ818_YEtlTWaebmluqnKpdO108XfleA16uHrvfLh82YTZhO-I8YzPj0aQVZkrm4OboZ65ogCkGaZXpwinhKluq8Wsqq6TtPm18rc-uJO53b2Bvoq-p8APwBrEFcT2xp7GrsbYz2XQ0NJN1I_a3eNq51LnY-w47w7vTvAf8i_yRfZI-tL-Cg==

My gear

i run with buffed 18k armor ( with determination ). and 5K dmg.
Domine Non Es Dignus
Last edited by Zinja on Jun 21, 2013, 10:35:18 AM
"
Zinja wrote:
Ler
whats the guidelines to using blood Rage? I seem to be losing A LOT more HP even with 13% chaos resist and regen well over 4% chaos dmg. I barely manage to survive with the life leach gem.

my skill tree
Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAdwCcQSzBS0MfQ6tEH8Y2xkuGjgb-h0UIWAl3yftKS4ppTIJMn4yiTbpOuE8LT38QKBDnEd-UFBT31RJVcZX4lhjWNtZ818_YEtlTWaebmluqnKpdO108XfleA16uHrvfLh82YTZhO-I8YzPj0aQVZkrm4OboZ65ogCkGaZXpwinhKluq8Wsqq6TtPm18rc-uJO53b2Bvoq-p8APwBrEFcT2xp7GrsbYz2XQ0NJN1I_a3eNq51LnY-w47w7vTvAf8i_yRfZI-tL-Cg==

My gear

i run with buffed 18k armor ( with determination ). and 5K dmg.

At First - Your 5 link is not correct. Remove Faster Attacks, add Weapon Ele Dmg.
Second Thing is - You lack alot of life on your gear and also in the skill tree.
After these changes, Bloodrage on all maps except Half/No Regen should work well.
Twitch: twitch.tv/gg_nore | Twitter: @Ler_GG
#3 Hardcore Duelist |
IGN: LerLoLGEE
"
Alright so since I got these 4LS, making firetrap and poison arrow even better will rape even more. Plus I got a 16% FireTrap and a 7% poison arrow. I am loving it so far, had a few close calls but life on hit helps alot. Another question with LA build, is a 20% life leech better than life on hit? I do plan to tweak athenas build with a ranged attack totem, most likely something that does cold AOE , omething that can freeze, slow something. I had a shadow with LA, ranged atk totem with Ice Shot 20% and it was great with LMP, ele damage and faster atks for slowing them down and doing decent dps. The only problem I have is there is no life nodes for awhile and not many until higher levels. I put 4 points into life nodes early on, i can respec as needed with my free respec points. But I felt it would help and it did.

Glad your revising Athenas LA build, but try to put options like ranged attack totem. I was going to rewrite it but people think ranged attack totem is useless on a duelist but if you can afford the items with links its great, like 6L bow, 6L chest, 4L everything else you can do it.

I want a lionseye, im saving now. I need 13 more exalts. for a 5L, 20 more for a 6L but I was thinking about just getting a good Tri Ele bow instead because there are some insane ele bows out there.

I sold all my softcore items for exalts to trade for exalts here. I had a nice tri ele, i sold for exalts eventually. trolls offered chaos but in the end i sold it easyly.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417212

I never read Athanas guide. I just can tell you one thing: Range Attack Totem sucks.
#3 Hardcore Duelist |
#3 Hardcore Duelist |
Last edited by Ler on Jun 21, 2013, 3:26:32 PM
*** UPDATE - Revision 1.7 ***
- Added new Section: 10 Theory Crafting.
- Added new Video: Act 1-2 onslaught solo play through.
- Added new Video: How to speed level as duelist.

#3 Hardcore Duelist |
Last edited by Ler on Jun 22, 2013, 6:18:04 AM
up
#3 Hardcore Duelist |
Show u build for LA archer and gear
Last edited by jika on Jun 27, 2013, 2:48:53 AM
Switched from the 2h version to 1h with a very similar talent tree and i'm dominating maps.

current gear
Spoiler

maxed res, about 17k armor, 5900 dps, 3500 hp.
IGN = pibDeath
"
Pibacc wrote:
Switched from the 2h version to 1h with a very similar talent tree and i'm dominating maps.

current gear
Spoiler

maxed res, about 17k armor, 5900 dps, 3500 hp.

Nice to hear ;)
#3 Hardcore Duelist |

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info