How To Dunk Like Jordan! (Physical CI Melee for Dummies!)(Ridiculous Survivability and Damage)

"
y135lc wrote:
Cool...back to leveling then.

:D The whole game summed up right there lol.
Ign: TheMidgetCow (Level 88.8 CI Leapslam Templar --- Default)
TheMidgetCowAmbush (Level 91.7 Buzzsaw Ranger --- Ambush)
TheMidgetCowBurns (Level X LowLife RF Scion --- Ambush)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/348309/page/1 --- Legacy Guide to CI Leapslam Templar
Haven't been able to update the guide due to events IRL this weekend. I hope to have a new segment added and to reorganize a bit within a week. Hopefully will be able to post an effective leveling path, but I have been working on it and so far nothing has been lower than 12-14 respec points and switching at about level 70. If anyone has some ideas or wants to help out feel free to post! I will qoute/edit you in and give credit where credit is due :)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/348309/page/1 --- Legacy Guide to CI Leapslam Templar
Some suggestions:

Zealot Oath/Mana regen (first node) - could be useful

Early leveling, obviously resolute technique for faster leveling. And a few hp nodes for survivability until the switch. So far I aim to switch at around lvl 55-60 at which I would refund all HP nodes for shields. Around this time too I will also start looking for gear.

Skills to use at early stages. Sweep + inc melee damage with the option to link LGoH (you could link faster attack if you want). Glacial Hammer + faster attack for single target/bosses. These skills are easy to get most of them are quest reward. Run into mob, sweep away, rinse and repeat.

Early gear, any AR or AR/ES and obviously TH mace with bonus to phy atk.

Lemme know what you think.

How do you have 67k armor with no armor items, except for your belt?. . . that kind of eludes me. Screenshot or I don't believe you :)
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
Whats your tooltip dps on leap slam?
Funny, I wanted to do nearly the same build, but it's a pain to level it on hardcore.
Anyways, I like!
I like this one and I liked the one posted in ExilePro.
But ! I'm not interested in spending 40 regrets in order to respec into CI.

Has anyone tried to follow these CI melee builds from the beginning and not spending
a ton of regrets to go into CI ?
16 respec points points from quests is ok.

Anyone ?
To crit or not to crit ?
Last edited by Slagmaur on Apr 29, 2013, 3:39:33 PM
I've done it a few times, just sort of trudge along and get to the mid 40s (will be able to go CI at 45 with decent enough ES and ghost reaver and resolute technique). Just need to stock up on gear with roughly that level requirement with decent ES mods. You can get rings with 30ish, belt with 45+, chest/helms around 200, and decent gloves/boots. And make sure you're running a lvl'd up discipline aura. I'm currently at lvl 44 in A2 cruel using:

Spoiler

I get around ok. Using 3 life flasks, 1 mana (which I never need) and 1 granite. Enfeeble arua helps alot (not sure why more people don't use it, I find its very nice).

Its not the most efficient way, but it saves you the from using a stack of regrets.
A Lot of stuff got posted while I was out it seems haha, I will try to give you all the answer you desire!
In Order by Post!

Y135lc:
I actually thought I took that mana regen node in the templar tree. Upon seeing that I didn't, I am now definitely picking it up next level hahaha. Also, Vaal Pact cancels out Zealot's Oath unfortunately. Remember, Vaal Pact removes all life regen, which than means if you ZO it removes energy shield regen (based off time not your normal ES regen). It's quite unfortunate, I know.

Edzilla:
I am somewhat noobish when it comes to screenshotting and how to upload to the site... If someone could explain it to me I sure can SS this. It happens because I have 14 armor increasing nodes, Grace, Determination, and a 99% Ironskin Granite. It is quite rediculous to be honest, and hard to believe, but true :)

Laxgimly:
Tooltip DPS is currently 8888 DPS, at 1.07 Aps. I need IAS gloves, and hopefully some IAS/ES/Res Rings. But, due to the way armor-penetration works, my DPS is significantly higher, since I do roughly 7k physical damage on hit (the rest is cold from hatred, and a little bit of elemental from some other sources), and also about 5% IAS gives me another 500 damage, so you can see where I am coming from. I am in some crappy gear tbh, and when I can afford better/godly gear I will be able to pull off around 14-15k DPS easily.

Mokschi:
I recommend just following what a standard Templar Racer does. Start with Ice Nova, Transition to Ele Cleave, and than continue on until you can switch over!

Slagmaur:
The 16 respec points is more than enough. Follow the same pathway and head down to Iron Reflexes, than head up to around CI. Just pickup Catalyze, and some of the easily accessible life nodes you pass by (3 in dps nodes, 11 in life nodes), and also pickup Eldritch Battery to help you out (2 more points). That should be more than enough, and it is only 16 points. You can get 2 easy fitness groups, the Discipline and Training group (2 of which you need to pickup regardless due to pathing, so only 2 points there) which is 8 in total, and than pickup an 8-8-12 group by Vaal Pact. Should be more than enough life nodes to easily farm docks to about 70 to get your gear and skill points. If more is required than sacrifice EB and the dps nodes, there are other life groups you pass as well (I think an 8-8-18 by Iron Reflexes if I am not mistaken).

Laxgimly post 2:
See Slagmaur response :)

ONCE AGAIN! Thank you for all the great responses! Good to see such a positive reaction to my guide instead of trolls like the ones in general forums ;) Furthermore, please realize that Vaal Pact over rules Zealot's Oath! I think I may need to bold this in the guide Lol, a few people have commented on that.

Unfortunately the updates will not happen until later this week. I have roughly 9 Essays to write within the week and still have a job application to fill out, so I have very limited time. I hate to leave the guide as it is because even I know its confusing to read. Hopefully I can refine it soon and add some of these great ideas in.

In addition, if anyone else is playing this or something similar and doesn't mind posting their gear here, I'd love to see your stats and list it up in the guide as well! I am hoping to eventually have a section for HC players and SC players utilizing this build, so that people can see what they are aiming to build for item-wise.
Forgot to include this and thought it merited its own post.

DREAM FRAGMENT WILL SAVE YOU NEEDING TO GET MANA ON YOUR GEAR, AND WILL ALSO SAVE YOU NEEDING A MANA POT EXCEPT FOR ON 1/2 OR NO REGEN MAPS. TESTING WITHOUT DREAM FRAGMENT HAS BEEN SLIGHTLY HIGHER TOOL-TIP DPS (damage and ES on ring) BUT LESS CLEAR SPEED DUE TO SLIGHT MANA ISSUES.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info