How To Dunk Like Jordan! (Physical CI Melee for Dummies!)(Ridiculous Survivability and Damage)

"
AndyPandy22 wrote:
"
Midnightgem wrote:

Without IF BR is only 10% Life Leech at level 17. With it, it becomes 13%. Pretty big, because that kicks you from not being overcapped (compared to reflect) to being overcapped on leech.

Like i noted, i have no clue how it is practical to recast BR after every mob u kill? So your 13% figure is the theoretically max for a single mob and a separate recast, under real conditions BR is 6% * 130% = 7,8% or 5% * 130% = 6,5%.
I could be wrong, but do u really recast BR after every single leap slam?

So considering the extra 46 Dex needed to go from 5% to 6% and the difficulty to get those, depending on other dex skills used, it might be a better idea to just use a 5% BR and spend the dex nodes elsewhere.

bye Andy

Sorry if you misunderstood, but that is 13% Life Leech from Blood Rage... without ever recasting it since it refreshes on kill, and if linked with an increased duration it is about 22 seconds long anyway. Theoretically, a lvl 20 quality 20 Blood Rage gives 17% Life Leech alone, which is enough to survive reflect. With a Carnage Heart, it allows you to take on double-reflect mobs (although this is not recommended at all). Not a paltry 5% Life Leech as you are suggesting.

Also Andy, I have 21% Life Leech, which will soon be around 24-25%. The Carnage Heart is really huge. Also Mind Drinker is great, I will be grabbing it at level 91 after I take the Elemental Adaptation node. Furthermore, I would find a way to add Resolute Technique to your build, unless you plan on critting, because it is extremely powerful.

On the topic of good farming zones --- Lunaris Temple level 2 is the best, because you do not suffer the orb degen penalty, and as long as you are wary of Kole he is no issue.

On the topic of your build ykhang, first off, you are using WAY too many points. That's a level 100 build. Furthermore, going down the side uses 1 more point than using the middle, and only allows access to 2 new frenzy charges by going through their crappy useless node in front, which is essentially a wasted point in and of itself, and the charges themselves are only for the end-end game. I will not pickup my fourth until level 94 or 95 to be frankly honest. I guess when I have more time I will put up a leveling progression of some sort and make this a bit more organized. Did not expect to have this much interest, or even over 1000 views nearly this quickly :D

Feel free to post any more questions or comments you guys have!

(Monkey you need more ES nodes, 3k ES is very low and you may die to certain bosses in one hit. I know until I had 70k armor Map Kole -could- hit me for about 5k ES. With 70k Armor he hits for only a paltry 1.2k damage (less with endurance charges up, but I am arrogant and lazy so I almost never use those in groups...)

Also, Getting conduit with this build is amazing! You share frenzy and endurance charges :)
Ign: TheMidgetCow (Level 88.8 CI Leapslam Templar --- Default)
TheMidgetCowAmbush (Level 91.7 Buzzsaw Ranger --- Ambush)
TheMidgetCowBurns (Level X LowLife RF Scion --- Ambush)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/348309/page/1 --- Legacy Guide to CI Leapslam Templar
Not sure if I am supposed to bump this every now and than?

Wanted to update --- If you don't use a Dream Frag, an anti-freeze pot is necessary, but using something like
works perfectly fine, did a few high level maps last night, like Maze, Bazaar, and Temple, and the bosses were no-problem (Whip Bitch, Catacombs Piety, and Vaal. Got frozen by Vaal Freeze but his beam couldn't catch me while slammin' and his melee couldn't hit me so it was easymode).
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/348309/page/1 --- Legacy Guide to CI Leapslam Templar
Working on improving the original guide. Any tips or help for that?

Furthermore, can anyone do the math for how armor penetration works on mobs with higher physical damage dealt? I would love to have a chart to show how the damage works out.

Thanks!
I'm gonna try this build. Looks fun.
Last edited by y135lc on Apr 26, 2013, 10:59:36 PM
"
y135lc wrote:
I'm gonna try this build. Looks fun.

It is so much fun :)
Thanks for answering :)

73 now but no luck with the rng yet :)

Bump!
"
krilox wrote:
Thanks for answering :)

73 now but no luck with the rng yet :)

Bump!

What league are you in? If you are in default I have some pieces I have "grown out of" I can gift you if you'd like/if they are better than what you have :p

Deciding between making this character in Hardcore, RoA max-attack speed elemental Marauder, or Spellcrit Shadow for the week race. Currently leaning towards the Marauder since I think CI gear may be too hard to acquire in the one month :/
So I have a Level 42 Templar, was going for resolute hit/elemental build. Passives-wise I can still refund some of my nodes (have to burn a few regrets though) and still be on track.

Questions:

At this point what should I aim for? I mean skill-wise. I still dont have Leapslam.

When should I start looking for gears?

And should I focus on getting ES only or AR/ES?

Thanks

Edit: Current Leveling skill is just cleave + inc melee damage. With armor buff (cant remember the name) aura.
Last edited by y135lc on Apr 28, 2013, 12:46:14 AM
"
y135lc wrote:
So I have a Level 42 Templar, was going for resolute hit/elemental build. Passives-wise I can still refund some of my nodes (have to burn a few regrets though) and still be on track.

Questions:

At this point what should I aim for? I mean skill-wise. I still dont have Leapslam.

When should I start looking for gears?

And should I focus on getting ES only or AR/ES?

Thanks

Edit: Current Leveling skill is just cleave + inc melee damage. With armor buff (cant remember the name) aura.

You won't be able to swap to this until the early 70s. You may need a few regrets, but the 16 points you get from quests should be more than enough. You can use Sweep/Groundslam/Cleave with this build, but Leapslam is the best because it doesn't scale as much off Attack Speed as it does off of pure damage of your weapon.
Gear you probably won't find anything good until merciless, and you should really start looking when you are farming docks/lunaris/sarn.
When you get your gear, if you can, preferably you will get AR/ES or EVAS/ES, but only if that is giving you more ES than otherwise. I'd say roughly 500-600 on chest, 100 on boots/gloves, and 250 on helm is good.
Cool...back to leveling then.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info