[3.24] Tarekis' Facetank Flicker Trickster - Ultra Tanky All-Rounder - Ephemeral, Aegis, CI

I'm trying this but I can hardly kill The hydra boss. This is my build right now

https://poe.ninja/builds/affliction/character/Whaterver/FlickFlickFlcikIt?i=4&search=name%3Dflickflick

I know that some parts aren't exactly like your build but it feels like I got no dmg at all for bosses.

What can I do to fix it ?
"
Whaterver wrote:
I'm trying this but I can hardly kill The hydra boss. This is my build right now

https://poe.ninja/builds/affliction/character/Whaterver/FlickFlickFlcikIt?i=4&search=name%3Dflickflick

I know that some parts aren't exactly like your build but it feels like I got no dmg at all for bosses.

What can I do to fix it ?

Hi, so I'll list from most important to least important upgrades, but you have some pretty rough gear slotted.

First off, you are playing on a 5-link, and your gems don't have quality. It's extremely important to have a 20% quality Flicker Strike gem, you lose out on 10% change to get a frenzy charge on hit, so you won't be able to sustain frenzies. You should 20%qual your other gems too.

Your Ephemeral Edge doesn't have the needed corruption, you only have 70% chance to hit.

Your belt abyss jewels are very bad, they are both 1/2-mod jewels with implicits, you need lightning damage to attacks not any damage, Voices of the Storm only scales those.

Your helmet and boots have the wrong base, it's crucial you get ES not ES/EV bases, I've seen the prices of the fractured bases and they've gone trough the fucking roof, costing as much as 10-20 times more than usual, but EV doesn't do anything for you there, really.
Your boots don't even have an fracture, which makes this even more confusing.
Also, there is 0 need for chaos resistance fracture on your helmet, not sure why you got that.

Your chest is also pretty bad, considering you could get a woke multistrike, etc. you should be able to craft a much better one for your budget.

You only have 2 charms.

You should defense catalyst your Shavronne's, they are cheap anyways.
Last edited by Tarekis on Feb 14, 2024, 4:07:47 PM
"
Sharaki wrote:
Started this build as budget league starter, midleague when everything was expensive... went CI in maps...

I have to say when everything started to click, this is most fun I have had for a while in PoE

Damn, probably was rough starting out tho, I guess? I specifically always play this as my second build because without investment it's a bit lackluster I feel.

Congrats tho!
"
Loturze wrote:
Hello, I want to try this build next league, my question is can i leaguestart this? Like, using some skill till I get all thigs set up for it, or is it better to leaguestart something else as trickster and respec later?

I would recommend leaguestarting a trickster or any shadow for that matter and just respec, as said above I think it's lackluster to leaguestart this (or any flicker build), but maybe they can tell a bit more about their experience. I personally won't, but I'll be playing it again as my second build.
Hey why you link Frenzy with Leap Slam? and why you use Frenzy?

Last edited by Heding on Feb 24, 2024, 2:40:35 PM
"
Heding wrote:
Hey why you link Frenzy with Leap Slam? and why you use Frenzy?

Frenzy + Leap Slam + Faster Attacks results in two links:
Frenzy + Faster Attacks
and
Leap Slam + Fast Attacks

The attack skills won't link.

The Frenzy skill is in there to ensure frenzy charges, as mentioned in the cons you sometimes have to press frenzy to keep them at max, since this build doesn't use farrul's.
You can watch the Simulacrum video and check my skill bar closely. I have to do it there (when my skill bar switches, I use Frenzy as it's on the secondary bar), so you know what that looks like.
I don't have build 100% dialed in and my TWWT has a "can't be stunned over 25 rage", but I find I rarely build much rage at all. Is Warlord's mark the only rage generator or am I missing something?

EDIT: I realize rage support too, but still thinking my rage building might be wack

EDIT2: sorry more questions while I'm here - at what point is it better for a rare body over Bronn's Lithe? Seems like I'm sacrificing a lot. Maybe like 2000+/400+? Also if I want to juice maps do you have a recommended strat for crit multi reduction?
Last edited by Iplaywithsinged on Mar 7, 2024, 12:14:49 PM
"
I don't have build 100% dialed in and my TWWT has a "can't be stunned over 25 rage", but I find I rarely build much rage at all. Is Warlord's mark the only rage generator or am I missing something?

EDIT: I realize rage support too, but still thinking my rage building might be wack

Yeah I wouldn't exactly hinge your stun on rage, it's not extremely consistent. You can swap out the implicit on the gloves for the rage generation if you want to mitigate stun that way.

"

EDIT2: sorry more questions while I'm here - at what point is it better for a rare body over Bronn's Lithe? Seems like I'm sacrificing a lot. Maybe like 2000+/400+? Also if I want to juice maps do you have a recommended strat for crit multi reduction?

The only sensible way is to have a Bronn's with Crit Reduction Implicit. Rare Armour is good anytime if you can get a decent one. 2000/450 should be what you get, but you can just stay with Bronn's if you can't get a really good one. Prices are kinda crazy right now, so gotta see what you can fit.

can you beat maven with FS? i keep getting killed by lazer in p2.
"

can you beat maven with FS? i keep getting killed by lazer in p2.

Regular Maven is very doable yes, you have to annoyingly reset since the degen is pretty high and you need to leech up again. As previously mentioned tho bossing with flicker is just not good, and the only remedy is building a glasscannon flicker that just does 5 times as much DPS and just insta-phasing the bosses.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info