[3.24] Tarekis' Facetank Flicker Trickster - Ultra Tanky All-Rounder - Ephemeral, Aegis, CI

"
UltraReality wrote:
"
Tarekis wrote:
"
UltraReality wrote:
Another question: how hard will hit replacing energy leech with awakened light penetration? It costs around 8 div. But pob says that it adds 20% of damage. Do you think I’ll be able to survive?)

Energy Leech is purely for the 40% more DPS, not survivability, it will only cost you DPS.

Strange that pob says the opposite. Difference is 20% towards light penetration, compared to energy leech. But maybe I am doing smth wrong.

That is strange, if you socket Energy Leech in PoB you also need to configure "Are you always on Full Energy Shield" because you de-facto are since you overleech. If you used your own PoB that's probably it.
Why do you use choir of the storm? Resolute technique and Precise Technique both say you never deal critical strikes.
"
dxEmpathyxb wrote:
Why do you use choir of the storm? Resolute technique and Precise Technique both say you never deal critical strikes.

I don't, it's Voice not Choir
"
Tarekis wrote:
"
dxEmpathyxb wrote:

Whoops. but the question is still the same.

you never deal critical strikes due to those keystones. Why use Voice if we never crit?
"
dxEmpathyxb wrote:
"
Tarekis wrote:
"
dxEmpathyxb wrote:

Whoops. but the question is still the same.

you never deal critical strikes due to those keystones. Why use Voice if we never crit?

There's a very important difference between Choir and Voice, Choir is for crits, Voice is for non-crits.
Last mod says:
Lightning Damage with Non-Critical Strikes is Lucky

This is extremely important because of how elemental damage is designed. Fire has a very concise roll range, cold has a higher but fairly consistent roll range, and lightning damage has an enormous roll range, giant. That's the whole "theme" of lightning damage. Ephemeral Edge also only adds maximum lightning damage, which is on brand for lightning design.

The example PoB has a roll range of 4678 - 1051519 for hit damage before damage effectiveness. Now, to demonstrate, let's say we roll min and max once, and since it's lucky, the higher one is taken, you now dealt 224x times the damage you would do if you weren't lucky. That is absolutely extreme, and that's why you want Voice.
Last edited by Tarekis on Jan 10, 2024, 3:55:47 PM
OH Thank you for the thorough explanation. I was under the impression "lucky" was to reroll the crit chance, not the range for the lightning damage. I appreciate it exile!
"
dxEmpathyxb wrote:
OH Thank you for the thorough explanation. I was under the impression "lucky" was to reroll the crit chance, not the range for the lightning damage. I appreciate it exile!

You're welcome. Yeah, lucky just means it's rolled twice and the better result is taken, if you're familiar, it's what is described as Advantage in DnD (e.g. Baldurs Gate 3).
What you described is "Your Critical Strike Chance is Lucky" like e.g. on Relic of the Pact "Your Critical Strike Chance is Lucky while on Low Life"
Love the build, I'm the person from Reddit that tried this after a failed Berserker and Slayer Flicker and it's all I wanted. On the Reddit post you mentioned someone knocking you off the poe.ninja leaderboard, I was wondering if the improvements the person made are part of the guide already? I'm sitting on ~100 div, probably more atm and I'm considering using them to improve this build or getting a Mageblood. You advised against MB if you don't already have one and I'm fine with crafting a bit, currently using Bronn's Lithe and feeling a bit on the squishier side (for Simulacrums, not actually squishy).

Also I used Vaal Flicker, is it possible that's bugged in PoB and inflating damage even when ticked off? In theory I turned off Vaal Flicker, but the damage is way higher than when putting in normal Flicker Strike.
"
Emireliana wrote:
Love the build, I'm the person from Reddit that tried this after a failed Berserker and Slayer Flicker and it's all I wanted. On the Reddit post you mentioned someone knocking you off the poe.ninja leaderboard, I was wondering if the improvements the person made are part of the guide already? I'm sitting on ~100 div, probably more atm and I'm considering using them to improve this build or getting a Mageblood. You advised against MB if you don't already have one and I'm fine with crafting a bit, currently using Bronn's Lithe and feeling a bit on the squishier side (for Simulacrums, not actually squishy).

Also I used Vaal Flicker, is it possible that's bugged in PoB and inflating damage even when ticked off? In theory I turned off Vaal Flicker, but the damage is way higher than when putting in normal Flicker Strike.

Hey, glad this worked out as expected for ya :)

In theory, MB chunks out better numbers, but for what the added cost is you usually don't want it IMO, especially with "only" 100d. You also lose more flat ES with MB, and Vessel's penetration. I just find it clunky to fit, but it makes resistances easier, and you'll have an easier time crafting your other gear as you don't need to fulfill as many resistance requirements.

If you have Vaal Flicker Strike (Vaal Flicker Stike selected and Vaal Flicker Strike selected instead of Flicker Strike in the selection directly below) configured it calcualtes with the Vaal Flicker Strike damage, not your actual damage, that's the one with cooldown.

His imporovements were mostly way more expensive gear I couldn't afford, and in his lastest upgrade he was able to fit Opportunistic, which makes him do ~48m shaper DPS, vs my ~43 at lvl 100 IIRC, if you want to check it out:
"
His imporovements were mostly way more expensive gear I couldn't afford, and in his lastest upgrade he was able to fit Opportunistic, which makes him do ~48m shaper DPS, vs my ~43 at lvl 100 IIRC, if you want to check it out:

I'd love to compare, but I think you forgot a link there ^^

And yeah I do have around 120 div + Headhunter I could sell now, but I think I won't go for MB. I'll finish up challenges with the build and take a break then. Thanks!
Last edited by Emireliana on Jan 15, 2024, 8:06:04 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info