[3.24] Tarekis' Facetank Flicker Trickster - Ultra Tanky All-Rounder - Ephemeral, Aegis, CI

"
Stoyicker wrote:
Idea: lose some AS and damage by switching to flicker of power with romira's banquet? this will make charge management work flawlessly regardless of scenario and allow you to drop multistrike. Thoughts?

In no scenario do you want to lose Multistrike, this hase been the rule for 10 years: Flicker Strike uses Multstrike. 99% of all Builds with Flicker Strike use Multistrike, it's just not feasible not to. It is the best support for Flicker, period.

You lose a ring slot purely for change generation and a whole lot of DPS for absolutely no reason at all. The charge generation is absolutely fine.
If you are adamant on "fixing" the charge generation and are willing to sacrifice a whole ring slot buy a Precursor with "up to" instead: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Affliction/rRbQ67tQ

I strongly advise against this, it makes no sense IMO.
Semms cool, may try it in the future.

But you shouldn't say something like "without it it feels bad" -> more like without it you need to cap your ACC rating but could invest in some crit if you have the budget or something like that.
"
grog0 wrote:
Semms cool, may try it in the future.

But you shouldn't say something like "without it it feels bad" -> more like without it you need to cap your ACC rating but could invest in some crit if you have the budget or something like that.

Hi, cool that you like it.
I do very much think it warrants the "without it feels bad" tho.
You can't really cap your accuracy without massive opportunity costs because you have to get accuracy instead of the corruption. You need over 1500 Flat Accuracy to get close to 100% hit rate against Pinnacle Bosses, and on top of that you will either not crit because of Precise Technique, or you will, but without proper crit scaling and the opportunity costs that come with it, you won't make up for it.
And losing modifiers to fulfill this much Accuracy requirement will cripple your ability to get everythin else stringed together. It is, after all a core requirement of the build. You can make it work mechanically, it's just never worth it, unless you try to built it in SSF and you can't get it and really have to play it nontheless.

And a quick note on why it feels bad: You miss in about a thrid of your attacks if you have no accuracy and just the uncorrupted Ephemeral, and consequently also absolutely tank not only your DPS, but your frenzy charge generation, and thus essentially brick your build.
And what do you think about going this build with mageblood? I mean does it feel more effective to go with crits that way? Cause with mageblood you don't need to invest heavily in crits on your passive tree
"
UltraReality wrote:
And what do you think about going this build with mageblood? I mean does it feel more effective to go with crits that way? Cause with mageblood you don't need to invest heavily in crits on your passive tree

Still a no from me, crits with this build won't work well IMO, it's already full on flat + more + pen scaling, if you wanna make this crit somehow, you'll have to rebuild half of it sadly, I don't either want to do it nor do I think is it worth it.

Regarding MB tho, since so many people apparently have one this league, I'll do a specific section for MB owners that want to still build this. If you don't have a MB, don't get it for this build, it's not designed with MB in mind and it'll work, but not fully dip into it's power.
"
Tarekis wrote:
"
UltraReality wrote:

Still a no from me, crits with this build won't work well IMO, it's already full on flat + more + pen scaling, if you wanna make this crit somehow, you'll have to rebuild half of it sadly, I don't either want to do it nor do I think is it worth it.

Regarding MB tho, since so many people apparently have one this league, I'll do a specific section for MB owners that want to still build this. If you don't have a MB, don't get it for this build, it's not designed with MB in mind and it'll work, but not fully dip into it's power.

Yeah, I have one from my mf character) With permanent onslaught and resolving some res issues (as well as taking less damage from those elements) this build shines) Any your tips on how to utilize it better are always welcome. But I just searched for same build with MB on poeninja and do some copycating) Only thing I noticed in tree basicaly is utilizing Split personality jewel with +5 ES and +5 Int in the bottom left part of the tree. It ads almost 500 flat ES for me
"
UltraReality wrote:
"
Tarekis wrote:
"
UltraReality wrote:

Yeah, I have one from my mf character) With permanent onslaught and resolving some res issues (as well as taking less damage from those elements) this build shines) Any your tips on how to utilize it better are always welcome. But I just searched for same build with MB on poeninja and do some copycating) Only thing I noticed in tree basicaly is utilizing Split personality jewel with +5 ES and +5 Int in the bottom left part of the tree. It ads almost 500 flat ES for me

Yeah, Split Personality is pretty nice, but I wouldn't go for it, the pathing there is a bit off the beaten path, and you would want to get Tribal Fury while you're there to annoint Heart of Thunder instead, Thread of Hope to Panopticon and get a Abyss with Shock avoid + corrupted blood immunity so you can combine those slots. You'll have to unspec the reservation efficency and probably also the ele pen node next to Perfect Agnory to get enough points to path there, Champion of the Cause and swap out a Charm with Reservation Efficency.
Those Abysses are kinda pricey and most don't even add anything really useful either: Trade

It totally will work, I just think the opportunity cost is too high.

Also, added notes to the written guide and made a dirty video guide that both talk about MB-specific choices.
Last edited by Tarekis on Jan 7, 2024, 8:41:24 AM
Another question: how hard will hit replacing energy leech with awakened light penetration? It costs around 8 div. But pob says that it adds 20% of damage. Do you think I’ll be able to survive?)
"
UltraReality wrote:
Another question: how hard will hit replacing energy leech with awakened light penetration? It costs around 8 div. But pob says that it adds 20% of damage. Do you think I’ll be able to survive?)

Energy Leech is purely for the 40% more DPS, not survivability, it will only cost you DPS.
"
Tarekis wrote:
"
UltraReality wrote:

Energy Leech is purely for the 40% more DPS, not survivability, it will only cost you DPS.

Strange that pob says the opposite. Difference is 20% towards light penetration, compared to energy leech. But maybe I am doing smth wrong.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info