[3.23] Eye of Winter Triggerbot Assassin: >5000 projectiles per second (update + league start guide)

"
hoozimajiget wrote:

What do you think about the two transfigured EoW gems revealed compared to the base gem for the build?

Numerically, their different base damages roughly balance each other out with the different "more multipliers" at dissipation, so we'll call it even there.

I originally got really excited about the '50% more projectile speed' on EoW of Transience...until I read closer and realized that it doesn't release projectiles on the final spiral. You're essentially going from 31 shards per eye to 12 so I don't think there's any way the proj speed is worth it.

Same basic problem with "of Finality" - it only releases on the final spiral so you're losing a bunch of projectiles there too.

The transfigured versions seem like they would be useful if you don't have another way to "aim" the shards; since we're using Returning Projectiles / Nimis, we've already got that taken care of and therefore the "normal" version is going to be the best for this build.
Hoho going to give this a go this league <3
"For we are not now that strength, which in old days moved Earth and Heaven. That which we are, we are; one equal strength of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will: to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." - Ulysses, Tennyson
Why is there no gear in the pob?
It’s life, resist, suppress gear; it doesn’t matter if you get resists on a ring or on boots, etc. Stats that are mandatory to enable the mechanics have their own dedicated sections in the PoB Notes section, in the text guide, and in the video

If you want examples of gearing, look at the POBs marked as “gearing suggestions”
Last edited by _Atollo_ on Dec 9, 2023, 3:54:31 PM
How is this build this league?
How does it handle those super tanky normal 2 or 3 x empowered mobs?
Currently I'm lvl89 and I think I've gotten pretty close to the end of the EB section of the build. My major question is regarding projectile speed. I have 179% (between the 2 medium clusters, wand, and proj speed support). I could hit 189% once I hit 20% with returning proj support.

In the non-EB setup and beyond, we run inspiration. However, I'm at a loss as to how you achieve the 175% projectile speed threshold. It seems as if the only way forward is to drop returning proj support for inspiration while running nimis. However, that means to go from the "league start" version of the build into non-EB/assassin+ requires a (currently) 38div ring.

Am I missing something or is 175% proj speed + vengeant cascade not needed?

PS: Ignoring +1 proj, what are your thoughts on the BIS charms for dps? I currently have a +15% suppress and +3% multi per power charge. I'm curious about how strong it would be to stack 3 cooldown recovery charms.
"
Currently I'm lvl89 and I think I've gotten
Am I missing something or is 175% proj speed + vengeant cascade not needed?

You need 175% total projectile speed; Vengeant Cascade (VC) contributes to that. Think about the VC bonus in the following way: it gives 0% speed to projectiles going out and 150% speed to projectiles coming back. This is mathematically equivalent to an average of 75% "general" projectile speed.

So for the 175% speed "sweetspot," you need ~100% "generic" projectile speed (from wand and clusters, etc) and then the average 75% bonus from VC. You shouldn't need proj speed support.

"

PS: Ignoring +1 proj, what are your thoughts on the BIS charms for dps? I currently have a +15% suppress and +3% multi per power charge. I'm curious about how strong it would be to stack 3 cooldown recovery charms.

+1 proj isn't even good for EoW; it only adds a single shard and you get 31 at base so it's not even close to worth the opportunity cost.

I'm honestly a bit disappointed in the charm options for this build. They're still the best of the three "new" ascendancy options, but I think the best charms are just going to be suppression, base crit chance, crit multi, etc.

During progression, use charms to fill out suppression, resists, etc. Once you're min-maxing and can get suppression and resists with T1 rolls on your gear, swap over to charms with crit multi, base crit, etc

I would also get a source of culling strike on the charm so that you can "Opportunistic" on ascendancy instead of "Ambush and Assasinate"

You can also consider getting phasing/ailment avoidance from charms to save jewel sockets / flask slots from Stormshroud/quartz flask.
Last edited by _Atollo_ on Dec 13, 2023, 11:13:17 AM
Hello, I am trying to convert to EoW. Other than Doryani's Lesson, what other notable is good for the large cluster jewel? I think Prismatic Heart is good but I don't know about the remaining options.

Also, is the charm Projectiles gain Damage as they travel farther, dealing up to X increased Damage with Hits to targets worth it for this build?
Last edited by XeloriumPOE on Dec 13, 2023, 1:19:33 PM
"
XeloriumPOE wrote:
Hello, I am trying to convert to EoW. Other than Doryani's Lesson, what other notable is good for the large cluster jewel? I think Prismatic Heart is good but I don't know about the remaining options.

Doryani's Lesson + Prismatic Heart + Sadist is BiS.

Once you convert to crit on Assassin, it's possible to reliably proc all three bonuses from Sadist if you set up your damage types correctly.
thank you for making a detailed build guide and POB link with notes. it is an awesome build and im longing every minute of it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info