[3.23] Eye of Winter Triggerbot Assassin: >5000 projectiles per second (update + league start guide)

Patch notes didnt seem to hit this, maybe even a buff? Tattoos are back at %5 proj speed per.
holy crap, I wrote this build off as a "definite Nerf" for 3.24. Looks like it only got buffs with automation and more proj speed options. LOGIN!!!
Sadly:

"The Veiled modifier that provides reduced Mana Cost of Skills during Effect can no longer be unveiled or crafted on Flasks."

and:

"The Jewel Suffix modifier that grants 3-5% reduced Mana Cost can no longer roll."

makes it very difficult to get to zero mana cost now. Not sure how viable the non-Eldritch Battery version will be. Mana cost gets out of control very quickly.
"
_Atollo_ wrote:
Sadly:

"The Veiled modifier that provides reduced Mana Cost of Skills during Effect can no longer be unveiled or crafted on Flasks."

and:

"The Jewel Suffix modifier that grants 3-5% reduced Mana Cost can no longer roll."

makes it very difficult to get to zero mana cost now. Not sure how viable the non-Eldritch Battery version will be. Mana cost gets out of control very quickly.

Crap I missed those. How much worse is the EB version?
Damage is basically the same, it's worse defensively because you lose your ES as a defensive layer; my last few builds have been ~4k life, 1.2k ES.
Ugh i didnt realize. can we solve with mana nodes and reduction in cost of skills?

Edit: just realized we already take that. POB shows that the mana regen should still cover the cost no?
Last edited by GodPadre on Mar 22, 2024, 12:22:23 AM
"
GodPadre wrote:
Ugh i didnt realize. can we solve with mana nodes and reduction in cost of skills?

Edit: just realized we already take that. POB shows that the mana regen should still cover the cost no?

I only used to take those nodes pre-Mageblood. The build is the same before Mageblood; in 3.22/23, the Mageblood flask with mana cost reduction would free up 7-10 passive points and I just don't think that's possible any more.

Don't trust the mana cost/sec in PoB on the left panel - that's just the cost to place brands constantly. Activating them with Brand Recall spends a portion of each brand's mana cost so the mana spend rate is higher than shown.

My feelings after PoBing a bit are that the build is still viable but won't be as powerful at the top end (high investment) any more.
"
_Atollo_ wrote:
"
GodPadre wrote:

I only used to take those nodes pre-Mageblood. The build is the same before Mageblood; in 3.22/23, the Mageblood flask with mana cost reduction would free up 7-10 passive points and I just don't think that's possible any more.

Don't trust the mana cost/sec in PoB on the left panel - that's just the cost to place brands constantly. Activating them with Brand Recall spends a portion of each brand's mana cost so the mana spend rate is higher than shown.

My feelings after PoBing a bit are that the build is still viable but won't be as powerful at the top end (high investment) any more.

Do you plan to league start this? Or planning for something else?

Wouldnt the build be about the same overall? With the addition of the automate support we gain more damage while still being able to use a shield. At the Loss of either skill points or just staying EB? I guess more we gain damage at the loss of defences this league.
Last edited by KylePlaysGames on Mar 23, 2024, 1:08:38 PM
I will probably league start this, but just because I like the build and think it's fun. I'm not sure I would "recommend" it anymore.

The thing in previous leagues is that if you wanted to invest more than a mirror into the build, you could get 100s of millions of DPS with respectable defenses. Mageblood allowed a huge overhaul to the passive tree that opened up a lot of offensive scaling. I don't think that's the case anymore.

Now I think the build will be capped at ~20M DPS and require a sizeable investment to get there (100div). Whether that's "worth" to you is personal preference.

Also, I'll just caution you about using the double-trigger tech (automate support + 8sec trigger weapon); it may cause performance problems.
Try setting up a blood build in POB to resolve the the mana cost issue with Eternal Youth/Eternal Youth/Replica Tukohama's Fortress.

A single trigger with a life cost of 70x8[brand count]x4[trigger count]x(1/1.35[brand call cd])=1660 should be covered by life recharge of 2000+.
However, reaching double trigger is challenging for stack life up to 10k.

For defense, use evade at 95% and spell dodge at 75% (via Acrobatics).

The POB is just a proof of concept and should have many ways to further optimization.

https://pobb.in/DSGvXdyHjt5l

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info