⚜️Rebirth of Iron Hideout Competition #12 | 3000$ Prizes to Everyone | Theme: Death | Revolutionized⚜️

"
Graoully wrote:
Sorry for replying days later, some IRL events made me even more air-headed than usual but I wanted to say thanks for the video. It was nice to look at all those submissions again and I got to see what mines looked like without stutters for once.

I wish we got better tools to view hideouts in-game, especially a further camera, angle changes or even rendering hideout-wide high res screenshots. Some parts in the game already does it so that shouldn't aggravate possible exploits and if needed they could force players to constantly ping back from a hideout instance or create a "hideout league" with nothing to confine the use.

I am also sorry for replying days later, was a hectic period. No problem at all. I just make the videos, but you make the actual hideouts! Actually, the video has barely noticeable lags. But I upgraded to a better laptop and the next ones will be as smooth as possible.

I guess we all dream and want changes. Some days ago I was jogging and thinking about if they turned the building into a standalone mod only for modifying hideouts and removing it from the game, giving the free cam and all the reasonably requested features, a smart flicker threshold bar, a decoration counter, etc. and call it Path of Exile: Hideouts. I mean I'm not a Game Dev, I don't know how PoE works, but a lot of companies prefer keeping modification tools apart. Currently, there is an add-on for making hideout building a bit easier, there's a lot of work put into it, but I can't remember where it was shared. Maybe someone can enlighten us?

"
Graoully wrote:
Congratulations for the advancements toward Iron Hideout, seems like there's a lot of work behind the scenes.

I'm curious, is the screenshot's hideout public? I feel like I've seen it before - some kind of official announcement? - but really doubting myself since I can't find it. I would've liked checking it, looks well made.

Thank you!❤️ It is only a part I just modified for this screenshot from the Iron Hideout Guild hideout, normally it doesn't have this many drinks. You can find it here, along with the link to the original work. It's actually Bashael's creation that I slightly modified to fit the Iron Hideout Guild hideout I had in my imagination.
𝐀 𝐭𝐨𝐭𝐚𝐥 𝒓𝒆𝒗𝒐𝒍𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏 𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠❢ 𝐡𝐭𝐭𝐩𝐬://𝐢𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐡𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐨𝐮𝐭.𝐧𝐞𝐭 🪽
𝐌𝐲 𝐇𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐬 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝: /𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐰-𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝/𝟑𝟒𝟖𝟑𝟔𝟔𝟓
𝐌𝐲 𝐏𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝 (𝐔𝐩𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝑺𝒐𝒐𝒏): /𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐰-𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝/𝟑𝟐𝟔𝟑𝟗𝟎𝟔
𝐌𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐒𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐧/𝐋𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐧 𝐛𝐮𝐢𝐥𝐝 | 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐨𝐫𝐝: 𝐩𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐬𝐮𝐬𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐫
𝐇𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐈𝐫𝐨𝐧 𝐇𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝟓-𝟔-𝟕-𝟗 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐧𝐨𝐰 #𝟏𝟐: /𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐰-𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝/𝟑𝟒𝟒𝟕𝟓𝟕𝟑
Thanks for the link to the hideout. I remember now that I saw it from the subreddit post a few months ago but it got removed, explains why I couldn't find it anymore; good job from Bashael.

"
Some days ago I was jogging and thinking about if they turned the building into a standalone mod only for modifying hideouts and removing it from the game, giving the free cam and all the reasonably requested features, a smart flicker threshold bar, a decoration counter, etc.

GGG has been generous and we are seeing QoL improvements on unexpected aspects of the game (extra inventory), maybe something for hideouts is brewing. There's still room for many additions: further camera, angles, displaying the grid & decorations without terrain, moving objects on some kind of z-axis vertically, removing terrain preventing placement, selection tool to move or copy paste multiple objects at once etc.
Obviously it's a lot of work and might be limited by the game engine but maybe GGG can find an incentive related to hideouts, something similar to Valdo's Puzzle Boxes and Voidborn Reliquary Keys that can be found by everyone and endorsed by supporters with their usernames attached.
Last edited by Graoully on Jan 14, 2024, 9:47:27 AM
I am very sorry for the 3 days late update than promised. I wanted to %100 make sure of everything to prevent any more possible delays in the future. Here is the final schedule which will not have any more changes:

► Submissions until: 13th February, 11:50pm GMT
► Voting time: 15th February - 11th March
► Results announcement: 16th March 04:00pm GMT

The reason for the extension of the submission period was explained in this post before. The reason for the extension of the voting period from 15 days to 25 days had to happen due to a few factors. The announcement to let the community know about the voting start was originally planned to be made on the subreddit that banned Iron Hideout in the middle of the competition. The backup plan was to make a YouTube video telling it and making it reach 80-100k views with YouTube ads, all watched by people looking for PoE content as always. However, first, the AD failures I had with the previous agency made me lose a considerable part of the amount I spared for this Voting Video's ads, and after that, I decided to spare the remaining amount that would go to this AD to ironhideout.net's development as it's still considerably high, and decided to extend its duration to achieve the same result or even better. I will be posting the voting start announcement to all the Discords related to PoE that will allow, like an apprentice. I will do one big surprise when the voting starts to balance out more as well.

I see community voting as a very important and required process to create the most rightful outcome possible, and the only reason I had to abandon it 2.5 years ago was because all of the online poll sites were cheatable(They still are), and also because I wasn't able to find a solution, until this competition. Since Competition #6 and until this competition, Iron Hideout Competitions' results were decided by jury voting. In this process, starting from Competition #6, Grinding Gear Games asked me to switch back to community voting multiple times, which I refused. I refused because I believe a huge percentage of the judging should be done by the people who have proven themselves in the art of hideouts. For example, their hideout competitions are judged by their level designers. According to everything my 5 previous competition experiences taught me, I came to the conclusion that the best outcome can only be possible with the right combination of jury voting and community voting. This is how the best voting system in gaming history was created and I am still working on its perfection. This is another reason for the extension of the voting period. As always, I want to make everything right.

I am deeply and wholeheartedly sorry for the complete imbalance of schedule throughout the whole competition due to multiple delays. It also has been a competition of unexpectedness on my side. But I want you to know that I have spent more energy while hosting this competition until now compared to the energy I spent while hosting Competitions #5,#6,#7 and #9 all combined, and I have plenty more left in the tank.🪽

"
Graoully wrote:
GGG has been generous and we are seeing QoL improvements on unexpected aspects of the game (extra inventory), maybe something for hideouts is brewing. There's still room for many additions: further camera, angles, displaying the grid & decorations without terrain, moving objects on some kind of z-axis vertically, removing terrain preventing placement, selection tool to move or copy paste multiple objects at once etc.
Obviously it's a lot of work and might be limited by the game engine but maybe GGG can find an incentive related to hideouts, something similar to Valdo's Puzzle Boxes and Voidborn Reliquary Keys that can be found by everyone and endorsed by supporters with their usernames attached.

I kindly suggest posting your ideas to the below thread as they are all awesome and even though their presence here will be efficient enough, this is a huge thread with many hideout architects' ideas gathered:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3291172

Grinding Gear Games recently did a Hideout Competition, they have been doing hideout showcases on a regular basis for a considerably long time, and they seem to give more importance to hideouts in each new supporter pack. But when you check the ideas in this thread, you can see that there are still many amazing ideas all sitting there. This is one of the reasons why I think we should all gather under one roof and push them a little bit to accelerate the improvements for hideouts. For example, has change.org ever been used by the hideout community in all these years?🙂

"
Graoully wrote:
Thanks for the link to the hideout. I remember now that I saw it from the subreddit post a few months ago but it got removed, explains why I couldn't find it anymore; good job from Bashael.

No problem! Yeah, there is unfortunately a group of people who do not want the Iron Hideout Revolution, who do not want the huge improvements it can bring to the hideout community by gathering it under one roof and putting it into an infinite cycle of growth. For example, what I did here by choosing to work on Bashael's creation was actually to teach something to this community. The term "cover", taken from the music realm. I could have made a hideout from scratch, right? But instead, I took a previous Iron Hideout Competitor's hideout he made for a guild and "covered it". As a past musician, I can call covering in one sentence this way: "Adding your own touches while staying true to the original."(Felt the need to explain as this term is sometimes misunderstood and done wrong even in the music realm). People are trying to fight plagiarism, but we should also do the exact opposite the right way meanwhile for improvement if we don't want to perish in time. This community was close to dying before it was revived on 01.07.2021, some of the competitors here will remember. And currently, the ladder to becoming a great hideout maker is still too steep. Anyone in the music world can cover Dance of Death from Iron Maiden and Bruce will say nothing, right? I don't think anyone can calculate how many Anarchy in the UK or Smoke on The Water covers were made until now, right? If covers hadn't been invented, we would have at least %50 fewer bands now. All because no one can compose on day one, you have to study other works you like to improve in the way you want. I learned a lot while covering Bashael's MegaGuild Hideout and I was glad I didn't start from scratch after finishing it for example. Many architects in the hideout community do this to improve themselves, they just cannot publish them, only because this is not considered a cool thing to do in the community, still... To be able to fully explain this, I am also in the process of making a cover of a rock song since November, in the same fashion I did while covering MegaGuild Hideout. I picked up and fixed all my guitars that I almost hadn't touched for 15 years only for this.

PS: Other than the cover part, Bashael's work was very very close to what I had in mind and I was also limited in time. I mean, I didn't even know there's a decoration called jury stand in this game!🙃
"
Graoully wrote:
good job from Bashael.
Thank you!❤️
\m/
mmmhh
We have some good news!😊 I proudly announce our new jury; ƙloƙɱacɧine, 2nd of natural category in 2023's official hideout competition and 16th in 2020's!🥳 Let's check out his creations:

Klok’s hideout corner

Here are the current weightings of the voting system:

Jury Voting: %75
G4nzo %20
ƙloƙɱacɧine %20
Trempler %20
PegasusRideR %15
Community Voting: %25

We are hoping to add one more jury to our jury team. The voting period including community voting will occur between 15th February and 11th March. Don't forget to check out the Rules section for info about voting and also the Prizes section for the amazing prizes we have for you that will be chosen in a live stream or a YouTube video with a random drawing. There will be 8 or 9 draws(Yeah, there is an additional prize now!), meaning 8 or 9 voters will earn prizes!🎁

Another good news is competition's Wave 1 video reached 32k views!🎉🎊 Until this competition, wave videos(Previously called weekly videos) had 142 views as the lowest, 1550 as the highest, and 755 as the average with a total of 19106 views in 7 competitions that had wave videos. Winners' videos also had 514 views as the lowest, 3110 as the highest, and 1665 as the average with a total of 13326 views in 8 competitions that had winners' videos. The total views of all Iron Hideout Competition videos until now is 32432, whereas the Wave 1 video of the current competition has 32128 views at the moment! Wave 2 video will also have around 30k views, and the Winners' video will have 40-50k views, reaching a total of 100k+ views in a single competition! I have to say YouTube ads is pretty efficient and cheap if we consider the prices of MTX decorations. I highly recommend this to every architect who is not happy with the 500-2500 YouTube views a hideout Reddit post can provide. I think we managed to achieve perfection in YouTube ads in PoE's YouTube realm until now according to the tests we did before and with the competition. In our ad campaigns, %100 of the impressions and views come from people looking for PoE-related content. We will make a final test with the Wave 2 video, then I will share the cost results here, and compare it with the cost of an average MTX decoration. After the previous extension, we launched an unskippable ad-only video to make the extension heard enough and to attract more attention to the competition. It reached 86.9k impressions in total in 2 different ad campaigns, here is the 1st one and the 2nd one. I have to note that unskippable ads on YouTube do not generate views, but instead, they generate impressions. In this period, the competition's forum thread view increased from 6000+ to 11000+. We have also launched another unskippable ad-only video to announce the last extension and community vote and hope to attract more architects. It currently has 14566 impressions. I will also contact Guinness after this competition ends to see if we managed to break any records. Such as "Highest prize pool in an unofficial competition in a game", "Highest YouTube views in a competition in a game", "Longest competition in a game", etc. I don't know if they include such records or not, but we will see.

"
PegasusRideR wrote:
Do not worry exiles, PegasusRideR will not let anyone harm your efforts!⛔ Just keep creating and submitting, and have no fear!💪

𝔗𝔥𝔦𝔰 𝔦𝔰 𝔥𝔬𝔴 𝔱𝔥𝔢 ℑ𝔯𝔬𝔫 ℌ𝔦𝔡𝔢𝔬𝔲𝔱 ℜ𝔢𝔳𝔬𝔩𝔲𝔱𝔦𝔬𝔫 𝔰𝔱𝔞𝔯𝔱𝔰...
Hello everyone, third and last entry for me!

► Name of the hideout: City Battle Aftermath
► Competitor's name: Graoully
► Story of the hideout: A scene from a city turned into a battlefield.

With this hideout I wanted to make things that are not reminiscent of Path of Exile. I tried to make a normal, realistic modern city center with some colors disrupted by a colossal sword-wielding futuristic monster slowly burning away after being cut in half, fatally wounded and crashed in the city. I also wanted to include moving decorations, have a functional building that can be entered to access hideout utilities but still small enough to see most of it from a single point of view and a leveled hideout is perfect for that!

► Download link:
Pastebin (to copy in a text editor and save as a ".hideout" file)
Google Drive (require an account)
Dropbox (no account required)

► Video of the hideout: Youtube. Sorry for the powerpoint.
► One link to all your content: None for now.
► What is the force that you draw power from? Lightning
► Do you want your entry to be shown on the showcase stream?: Yes
Last edited by Graoully on Jan 29, 2024, 11:58:28 AM
Reminder: The last 5 days for the submission period to end!⚜️
The submission period just ended. Jury and community voting will take place between 15th February and 11th March. You will be notified here with a message when the voting starts with more info on community voting. Results will be announced on 16th March.⚜️
Last edited by PegasusRideR on Feb 13, 2024, 6:52:42 PM
Here is the Wave 2 Video of Iron Hideout Competition #12!🎉 I am once again blown away by all the entries and it was such a joy exploring and recording them!🔥 I managed to solve the small lag issue present in the Wave 1 video in this one, it's pretty smooth now. Since the issue used to happen at the output, hideouts present in the Wave 1 video will be smooth in the Winners' video as well. After the competition ends, I will send all the competitors video recordings of their entries in case you would want to use them yourself!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cp9BKg40dE

We are sorry for having to disqualify The Siege by Purdilicous due to breaking rules number 1, 6, and 11.

Voting just started with this post! It will take place between 16th February 11:50pm GMT and 11th March 11:50pm GMT. It's been a long time since the competition started, so let's remember the community voting rules and prizes!

Rules:
Community voting will occur between 16th February 11:50pm and 11th March 11:50pm, at the same time as jury voting. Votes posted before or after voting time will not be included in the calculation.
Your account must be created before the competition start date.
When the voting starts, all you need to do is post the name of the hideout(s) of your choice as a reply to this thread.
You are allowed to include up to 3 hideouts in your votes. Each of the hideouts chosen will get the same points in the calculation.
If you are a competitor in this competition, you are not allowed to vote for your entries.
If there will be fewer than 10 voters in total, prizes will be awarded to the voters, but community voting will be excluded from the voting system, each jury will have %27.5 weighting and PegasusRideR will have %20.5.
The draw for community vote prizes will happen PegasusRideR's Twitch live after the competition, if not with a YouTube video. Shortly after the draw, you will be contacted from Path of Exile forums via private message for shipping your prize.

Prizes:
First Draw: 1-inch(2.5cm) Vaal Orb
Second Draw: 1-inch(2.5cm) Chaos Orb
Third Draw: 1-inch(2.5cm) Exalted Orb
Fourth Draw: 1-inch(2.5cm) Divine Orb
Fifth Draw: 1-inch(2.5cm) Orb of Your Choice
Sixth Draw: Awakened Coffee Support Coffee Mug
Seventh Draw: 2-inch(5cm) Exalted Orb
Final Draw: Mirror of Kalandra (Only for voters!)
Surprise Draw: An additional Mirror of Kalandra if the number of voters reaches more than 30! (Only for voters!)

Please click on the pictures to view them in large size.

Last edited by PegasusRideR on Mar 26, 2024, 6:01:30 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info