Development Stories - Creating Trial of the Ancestors Lore

The dialogue to do with the various ends of time was really evocative, kudos! One of my favorites in terms of lore for sure.
*You call into the void. You hear a sound in the distance.*
"
'Hell is—other people!'

Could have said Dr. House

PS: And I thought the League was in the bag weeks ago, judging from the deco mannequin at ExileCon 2023
Last edited by RPGNoobANKA on Sep 21, 2023, 11:49:07 PM
I like that the Exile and Kaom worked together to assemble half of the Chieftain roster.

Definitely loving the vast Karui loredump for this league, it's a fresh breath of air after the crumbs of Crucible Redblade stuff. There's a lot of care taken regarding the characterization of each character and continuity with current POE story and outer non-Karui characters. I have tons of fun deciphering Tawhanuku's dialogue and speculating Hinekora's ramblings of the past and the future. Aside from nitpicks like
Spoiler
Navali's tone and directness on wanting to save Hyrri from Domain of Timeless Conflict feels a bit OOC
, this league has been top-notch for me from the first silver coin. Post 3.0 Karui stuff (now with the no Karui Archer retcon) means that the pre 3.0 environmental lore and Marauder voicelines are now even more dated though which is an unfortunate side-effect.

P.S.: The subtext around Rakiata is near and dear to my heart. Thank you.
"Boooooo, go chill somebody else's battlefield!"

NGL, Kahuturoa is definitely my favorite. Simultaneously a terrifying juggernaut and a lovable goofball. I'd welcome his continued inclusion in the game in some capacity if it can be done, even if TotA doesn't go core.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info