Path of Exile Keeps Crashing On My High-End PC

PLZ GGG do something.

A veteran-player of mine and me wanna play but cant cause he has 100% CPU usage and extreme low fps @ low settings.
Give poe 1 a bit more love than the poe2 alpha.

Cheers.
Disabling every mtx fixed the issue for me.

I was trying to play simulacrum with mtx on, and I crashed on every API.
After disabling every mtx one by one the issue just dissapeared on every API so I think some mtx or maybe all mtx might be really buggy atm
hope this helps for anyone!

My specs if that helps anyone:

RX 7800 XT
Ryzen 7 5800X3D
32Gb DDR4 RAM
run memory test memtest64. got same problem and turn out one of my ram problem
I cannot even load into the game... it was happening randomly on transitions, adjusted some settings and now as soon as I try to hit play - it crashes. Doing a fresh stand-alone install and going to see how that goes. However, I am currently on a level 91 character that is into red maps and have done things like delirium plus abyss plus beyond plus having 3K+ wildwood wisps and been fine. All of a sudden - I start to crash after every transition, make a few tweaks, crash while loading into my hideout, some more tweaks, crash while just loading into Kauri Shores.
I had the same issue; disabling multithreading gave me by chance (and after many crashes) a useful error message. Googling it directed me to TDR - which is actually a rather old issue, I am wondering why this one appears again. Anyway, disable TDR in the Windows registry solved all my problems - no more crashes at all.
To disable it, find the TdrLevel Key in the registry and set it to 0.

TdrLevel – Specifies the initial level of recovery. The default is to recover on timeout, which is represented by value 3.
KeyPath : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers
KeyValue : TdrLevel
ValueType : REG_DWORD
ValueData : 0 – Detection disabled OR 3 – Recover on timeout

And enjoy the game!
"
I had the same issue; disabling multithreading gave me by chance (and after many crashes) a useful error message. Googling it directed me to TDR - which is actually a rather old issue, I am wondering why this one appears again. Anyway, disable TDR in the Windows registry solved all my problems - no more crashes at all.
To disable it, find the TdrLevel Key in the registry and set it to 0.

TdrLevel – Specifies the initial level of recovery. The default is to recover on timeout, which is represented by value 3.
KeyPath : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers
KeyValue : TdrLevel
ValueType : REG_DWORD
ValueData : 0 – Detection disabled OR 3 – Recover on timeout

Sadly didnt work for me.
My PC should be more than capable of handling the game.
"

-Updated graphics drivers to the latest version
-Tweaked graphics settings in-game (turned shadows down, lowered resolution etc)
-Verified integrity of game files via Steam
-Completely uninstalled and reinstalled the game
-Added exceptions for PoE in Windows Defender firewall
-Ran malware/virus scans to check for anything fishy
-Monitor temperatures while playing and nothing is overheating

So I have a pretty high end setup and did everything OP had posted. Same issues like crashing when trying to load game/change instance/map a little bit.

Now, what I also did was check if I had similar issues with other games and turns out I did. Similar issues for Last Epoch and Dragon's Dogma 2.

Long story short, I had to adjust the overclocking setting in my BIOS from "AI optimized" to "normal". Now, everything runs normal and smooth, no crashes.

My specs:

MOTHERBOARD: Asus ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming WIFI DDR5

CPU: Intel Core i7-14700K 20-core 3.4 GHZ > overclocked to 5.5 GHZ

GPU: Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090 Windforce V2 24G

PSU: NZXT C1200 PCIE5 1200W Gold

MEMORY: 64GB Ram - Team T-Force Delta Black DDR5 6000MHZ CL38 (2x 32GB)

STORAGE: 1x Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 NVME SSD, 1x Solidigm P41 Plus 2TB M.2 NVME SSD, 2x Seagate IronWolf 4TB 6Gb/s NAS SATA HDD 3.5" 5900 RPM

r9 5900x
sapphire nitro + 7800 xt
32 gb of ram

game just starts stuttering for second or two and closes lmao idk if that's the same ''crash'' uall talk about but how is this even happening like any fixes or something ??
I've also done a bunch of workarounds as suggested here, but it's the same issue over and over. Happens a lot going to someone's hideout. Crash, then I reopen the game again and it crashes on loading. Usually takes 2 crashes before I can get in. That was early on. Last night after updating my NVIDIA drivers, it chain crashes over and over when opening/loading into Karui Shores.

Running on a i9-13900k with a 4090 and 64gb of ram here, PoE is currently the only game that gives me this much trouble since the last couple of hotfix patches.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info