Path of Exile Keeps Crashing On My High-End PC

"
carmagedon123 wrote:

My GPU shuts down when the problem happens..

Same, but not depends on content. It correlate with any in game action (open harvest, explode expedition, click on map portal, e.t.c.). It is started yesterday, changing options didn't help so far.

4080 RTX
i7 12700k
16 Gb DDR5 ram
NVMe SSD

UPD. didnt'corelate with actions may drop randomly in fight
Last edited by Banalnoe on Dec 28, 2023, 12:32:48 PM
crash to desktop 2x per hour on average. "poe has stopped working"
(ALL LOW SETTINGS on VULKAN)

I run juiced maps with abyss/delirium/ritual/beyond, and MTX in almost all slots.

specs:

amd ryzen 7800X3D
nvidia RTX 4080 OC
32GB 6000hz ram

small indie game company tho
crashing alot in heist

ryzen 5 5600x 3060 ti
lastest nvidia driver

tested all dx12 11 vulcan
Having the same issue, pls fix GGG, Peporage
I crash at least 2 times each map. was going to spend some $$ in micro transactions but now forget it. buck up please GGG
It was crashing, freezing, and today - game crashes as soon as I log in with chosen character...
The game dies 3-4 times per map.
It’s simply impossible to play; any of your investments in map and attempts to earn currency are broken by the game client freezing with access to the desktop through the task manager. Many different actions were taken in an attempt to fix it.

1. There are many tips all over the Internet, and the main one is to clear the cache. It didn't work.
2. After trying to act on the advice with the game settings, all possible options were used:
Low settings - high settings - resolution 1600x1000. It didn't work.
3. Complete reinstallation of the operating system, complete reset of overclocking the processor and RAM, changing the drive for the game and everything else also had no effect. DX11-12-Vulkan - didn't work.
I would like to advise everyone who is faced with this not to waste time and nerves, relax and do something more attractive, there is simply no solution to the problem. If anyone continues to struggle with this problem and finds a solution, please leave a detailed description of its solution. Happy New Year.

pc specs:

I9 9900kf (5.1Ghz) Corsair H1150i elite LCD
MSI MPG Z390
G.Skill 32gb CL14 3666hz
RTX 4080 AERO
SAMSUNG 980 PRO 2tb
Last edited by Dire_Promise on Dec 31, 2023, 9:03:27 AM
Thanks everyone for your posts, keeping the community informed.
Also have high end HP Victus, top specs on graphics, etc.
First time, about an hour ago, PC completely froze while playing. Previously, it's been small, minor freezes like 3 seconds of lag, so this full freeze surprised me and made me panic.
Happened while on a map boss. The game was still processing information, but my entire PC had a 10-20 second buffer on commands, making it difficult to close the program or anything.
Even after closing the game, still had the buffering problem with PC seeming like it was overwhelmed at 30% RAM usage. And now here I am reading for information. Had to restart, and received a few error messages on reload.
I'll try some of the fixes that worked for others and report back.

Update 1: Noticed I have a recent GeForce driver update from Dec 13th that needed to be installed. Doing that now, will see if there are any changes to gameplay.

Update 2: After updating the driver, I made the following in-game changes, some as per previous posts, and some are my own:
- Vsync from off to adaptive
- Turned off framerate caps for both foreground and background
- Switched from dx11 to dx12(beta)
- Triple-buffering from off to enabled
- Dynamic resolution from enable to disabled
- Retain Engine multithreading (already had it on)
- Kept a high resolution 3440x1440

Result: First map ran smoothly just now. Will test more tomorrow.
Further results: Ran for 3 hours today and only had 1 minor lag.

PC Specs:
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 TI
- 11th Gen Intel(R) Core i7-11800H @2.3GHz
- 31.65 GB RAM
- Resolution 3440x1440, 60 Hz
- Network speed test: Download 582 Mbps / Upload 391 Mbps
Last edited by drjupiter77 on Dec 31, 2023, 11:01:13 PM
Hi all.

I was getting frustrating game freezes in 3.23 in 2 specific maps:

Coward's Trial and 4/5 Ways (both would freeze the game in under a minute).

Changed Vsync to Adaptive and Triple Buffering to enabled in options and just ran a 4 way and 3x Coward's maps to test - no lockups so far :)

Hopefully that has fixed it for me...

Last edited by skummmm on Dec 31, 2023, 10:08:27 PM
Why don't gg fix their game before doing any more work towards poe 2, get a group meeting if you have to FIX THE PERFORMANCE. My cpu ms goes over 1000 when it spikes.

Specs
3050 GPU
8gb of ram (yes it's small amount however I can play darktide , fortnite etc with no freezes) (Even when I had 64 GB of ram I still had issues with the game)
6600h Ryzen Cpu

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info