Path of Exile Keeps Crashing On My High-End PC

Hey,

Was struggling with the same issue earlier. Only solution i found was to switch from 1440p to 1080p. After that haven't had crashes. Loading screens are still kinda laggy.

Ryzen 7 7800X3D
GTX 4080
Ok same issues guys. Read several posts and tried all the stuff. My game crashed to desktop every time it tried to load into town.

Set your Max FPS to something reasonable. I did 165.
Turn on Tripple Buffering
Enable DirectX 12

Not sure which one of these 3 did it. I think its the frame rate cap. Anyway, try this and see if it fixes it.
My PC is more mid-range than high end, but same symptoms of some seriously excessive amounts of crashing that only began this season. Visiting a few particular hideouts is an instant disconnect, and whenever I layer a few different mechanics, seemingly when a larger amount of rare adds spawn is almost a guaranteed disconnect.

Example: Delirium + Abyss at the same time

This has unfortunately killed my progression and enjoyment of the game, since its just frustrating to have a bunch of stuff happening and then BRR go to desktop...

I have tried just about every combination of settings, didn't matter except make the game also look terrible on low settings.

RTX 3060
32gb RAM
SSD HD
i5-9600k 3.7ghz

I get that you guys want fancy mtx and particles, but something really bad has been introduced with this last patch.
im having the same issue with a 3080 5600x and 32gigs of ram. updated all drivers and checked game integrity. closed all backround programs and lowered settings.

Still getting the same issue.

Please GGG come up with a fix.
Since the last update Im crashing 4-5 times in every map and cant complete a single lab run...

Vulcan was the most stable until recently but since affliction Im constantly getting vk::queue:device_lost errors, and both dx options just crash every few minutes without an error code since the latest update (3.23.0b).

On Linux with steam proton and vulcan the game is stable on the same system, so my guess is that the nvidia driver interaction has some fault.

GPU: Nvidia 1080Ti
CPU: Threadripper 1950X
64Gb RAM
So far a good competitor to Ultimatum in terms of game instability
"
slawomir88 wrote:
Since the last update Im crashing 4-5 times in every map and cant complete a single lab run...

Vulcan was the most stable until recently but since affliction Im constantly getting vk::queue:device_lost errors, and both dx options just crash every few minutes without an error code since the latest update (3.23.0b).

On Linux with steam proton and vulcan the game is stable on the same system, so my guess is that the nvidia driver interaction has some fault.

GPU: Nvidia 1080Ti
CPU: Threadripper 1950X
64Gb RAM

I'm running with Steam Proton / Vulkan on Arch Linux and have been crashing every 5min. Played without problems since launch until the latest patch.

Using:
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
Nvidia RTX 3080 Ti
16Gb RAM
yeah me too 6700xt started day or so cant progress to act 5 cause boss fight glitchs out very sad times
Same as everyone. Just installed a brand new high end PC and levelled to 86 without issues. Today my game started crashing, faster and faster to the point where i can't log in to a character anymore. Never an error. 1 time it took Steam with it, 2 times it took Chrome with it

didn't update anything as my PC is leterally 2 days old and as up to date as can be.

limiting FPS, Vulkan, DX12, Vsync options that others described don't work for me.

Too bad my betrayal hideout will probably timeout now.

No idea how to troubleshoot this, hope someone (hopefully GGG) finds a cause

Edit... It progressed to not even starting the executable anymore, even though verifying the game files said everything was good.

Restarting + just jiggeling all kinds of in game options seems to have worked for me for now though... still weird

So here i am on new year's eve. Since my last edit I had a few hours to play here and there until today. Played without issues for about 8 hours today and without changing anything the crashing has returned. First 1 time in a map, but progressing quickly to crashing within a minute of logging in.

My game doen't freeze, it just exits without warning. Never had this in any other league i played in the past years.

Back to toubleshooting. I'll try jiggling settings again because the PC is fine, the game files are fine.

Last edited by Tearguard on Dec 31, 2023, 11:12:50 AM
Can confirm about abbyss + delirium.
Also in Simulacrum

My GPU shuts down when the problem happens..
I guess it triggers some kind of protection not to kill it ><

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info