Regret buying D4

"
Faceman165 wrote:
Guys your desperate attempts to convince people not to play Diablo 4 are getting embarrassing.

Take it like a man and get over it.

You will still be able to put your money in PoE, you just might have to support it a little harder :)

+1

Just let us play both. For the love of god man just let us play both.
You can just try it again once they fix things, absolutely free. Blizz isn't going to let it die. Worst case scenario is that you'll have to wait 2 years and pay another $70 for an xpac for the game to be truly good.
It's not a D4 issue, is an issue with your PC and memory ram speed
Get a better PC, things are smooth as butter in D4
EJRVBÑJKSBVÑERJVBÑJWERBVÑRWEJFVCÑIERVGLÑIJESFDBVIEWRGICVL3WEGRDVICWDSBCVIJWDBCVWIJDECVILDBWLDEJCHBVWLIDECGWLDICHYVGLWDICHLWDECHVW
DEVGERGVERGWWFVEFVWWEDQWEFCDWEFCWEFVCWEFCWEFWEFWEFWREGFRWREGFW
"
AdRonZh3Ro wrote:

I mean holy hell, reading skills and massive implying are a serious issue in these forums.

In every forum honestly.

It doesn't help that you have to manually manipulate the quotes when you have too many on this forum. Just the same, it's not that hard to quote the correct person.
"
DiabloImmoral wrote:
You can just try it again once they fix things, absolutely free. Blizz isn't going to let it die. Worst case scenario is that you'll have to wait 2 years and pay another $70 for an xpac for the game to be truly good.

The phrases "Try again for free" and "pay another 70$ for it to be truly good" back to back is a gold star for effort in the self awareness department.
"
SoulMule wrote:
I have to play D4 because all my friends are playing it.

That issue has never come up with PoE.

I appreciate the nuance of this very much. It's like I said to my partner today when she reminded me that even she played some PoE back during Closed Beta: PoE is an interesting way of testing how savvy your friends are to treadmill design and busywork games. Absolutely none of my RL friends stuck with PoE for long, with the chronic gamebreaker (Sekiro is his favourite rhythm game and FFXIV savage raids are a break from that) not even making it past a look at the skill tree. "LOL more complicated means easier to break" was his conclusion way back in 2012 when the game was far simpler. Prescient dude.

Most of my friends are just like "PoE is work, and I am not being paid to play it."

Not that many are playing DIV either (Blizzard rep+dumpsterfire that was D3 on release leaves a seriously bad aftertaste) but I am more than happy to sing its praises on my own terms at them. PoE otoh was and is indefensible. Some of my closest friends don't even know that I supported GGG at all let alone as a whale for years. Not a good look, paying to not really play a game after they correctly point out that it's work to play and they're not even being paid to do so.

It's why every time I have met Exiles in real life, we bonded instantly. Not over the game but over the fact that we can't share it with our existing social circles. And now I no longer play, very few Exiles still really talk to me. After all, they're still active Exiles while I'm a recovering Exile. Sort of destroys a lot of the clearly unstable common ground. :)

My small RL game group are all doing DIV at their own pace but I am sure we will party up once we are all done with the main campaign and just want to kill shit for a few hours after work. I look forward to it.
The name says it all.
Last edited by 鬼殺し on Jun 11, 2023, 12:33:26 PM
"
DiabloImmoral wrote:

Game is unfixable unless they add like 4x more affixes. It is so painfully easy to get the affixes you want on items for the most part. Like once you get to level 50 you can get the almost the best gear by level 52, then you are grinding just to level till level 70 when you can do t4 difficulty. Then by 72 you get almost the best affixes and grind until level 100.

It is so boring.
I haven't had any tech issues with D4 - launch day (early) was flawless for PC.

That said removing the graphics which are 10/10 D4 is basically D3.5 with VERY similar systems "disguised" as innovation. The end game is very repetitive even for an ARPG, the game scaling with you is dumb AF and basically makes rerolling impossible at higher levels, and gearing feels uninspired. That said, I think the game has a decent shell and IF blizzard listens to feedback can eventually become an ARPG worth investing a lot of time in otherwise I see it as a 1-2 week per season game if that.

As it stands Id give it a 6.5/10

Spoiler
We all know what is about to happen - stash space is gonna cost premium currency at which point I will lament giving blizzard another chance
I've lost control of the controls...
Jesus take the wheel"
RAizQT during Kammel HC race
k cool story

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info