Regret buying D4

don't worry guys, the D4 forum seems to be filled with plenty of these posts too lol I'm having fun with it though
S L O W E R
5.5 user score

Spoiler
hoho
The 4 days of early access was 100% worth the price of admission. Solid performance and so much fun just exploring the world over the weekend. Since public launch on Monday, Blizzard servers have been unstable. It's a simple game, looks great, but lacks depth and longevity, skill balances are horrible, questionable designs. 2 expansion packs are coming, hoping it'll address all of these deficiencies.
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
Man i got a refund and then let teh hype get to me and i bought the full game and completed it. One of my worst gaming decisions in my life. Not worth the price at all and the game design is not fun.
Diablo 4 is unfettered crap, not saying this game is much better, but it is pretty damn bad. Whoever thought level scaling should be a thing needs to be fired. The UI team, fire them too. Core game play loop isn't horrendous, but the balancing of classes sure is. All in all, 4/10 in my book.
"
Nubatron wrote:
Ok, but why are you crying in the PoE forum? If your pc was not made a few centuries ago and it's a genuine issue, contact them or refund or what ever.

It's like buying a BMW and complaining to Ford that it doesn't work as intended. The hell you think they gonna do?

High
Processor: Intel® Core i7-8700K or AMD Ryzen™ 2700X
Memory: 16 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce® RTX 2060 or AMD Radeon™ RX 5700 XT
DirectX®: Version 12
Storage: SSD with 90 GB available space
Internet: Broadband Connection
* 1080p resolution, high graphics settings, 60fps

These are upper-mid range year 2020 laptop specs.

No offense, but these are absolutely not hardcore system requirements (1080p 60FPS at high settings).

I have a 5700 XT in the closet, and you can buy these GPUs for like $250 or less, these days. An 8th Gen i7 or Ryzen 7 2700X is not pushing anything. You can [very often] buy a Ryzen 7 5800X for like $249 at best buy.

The system requirements are pretty accessible. It's a 2023 AAA release that basically requires 2019/2020 upper mid-range specs to run at high settings at 1080p. Put the game on an NVMe SSD, and you're probably going to get a great experience. Those aren't breaking the bank, either, and many users can get a PCIe x4 Expansion card to slot an extra one into their PC, using the Chipset PCIe Lanes ($10-20 on Amazon). Not sure if Diablo IV supports Direct Storage.

I am actually surprised they were able to pull that off.

It's a 2023 AAA release, they aren't going to be targeting machines from 2016. PoE was released several years ago, so they are largely beholden to those system requirements and the restraints it puts on development. Unfortunately, the expansion nature of PoE 2 means there is only so much they can do to move those things forwards. That's great for legacy users (no need to upgrade to run the sequel - something that really hurt EQ2 on release, for example), but as time goes on it's going to have an effect on the perception prospective users get when considering a game to play.

Generally, I prefer how Diablo IV is designed as an experience. PoE has fallen too deep into the seasonal model, and I don't like throwing characters away like clockwork in an RPG game. Kind of defeats the purpose of playing one :-P
Last edited by Trensharo on Jun 9, 2023, 11:19:35 PM
"
Trensharo wrote:
"
Nubatron wrote:
Ok, but why are you crying in the PoE forum? If your pc was not made a few centuries ago and it's a genuine issue, contact them or refund or what ever.

It's like buying a BMW and complaining to Ford that it doesn't work as intended. The hell you think they gonna do?

High
Processor: Intel® Core i7-8700K or AMD Ryzen™ 2700X
Memory: 16 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce® RTX 2060 or AMD Radeon™ RX 5700 XT
DirectX®: Version 12
Storage: SSD with 90 GB available space
Internet: Broadband Connection
* 1080p resolution, high graphics settings, 60fps

These are upper-mid range year 2020 laptop specs.

No offense, but these are absolutely not hardcore system requirements (1080p 60FPS at high settings).

I have a 5700 XT in the closet, and you can buy these GPUs for like $250 or less, these days. An 8th Gen i7 or Ryzen 7 2700X is not pushing anything. You can [very often] buy a Ryzen 7 5800X for like $249 at best buy.

The system requirements are pretty accessible. It's a 2023 AAA release that basically requires 2019/2020 upper mid-range specs to run at high settings at 1080p. Put the game on an NVMe SSD, and you're probably going to get a great experience. Those aren't breaking the bank, either, and many users can get a PCIe x4 Expansion card to slot an extra one into their PC, using the Chipset PCIe Lanes ($10-20 on Amazon). Not sure if Diablo IV supports Direct Storage.

I am actually surprised they were able to pull that off.

It's a 2023 AAA release, they aren't going to be targeting machines from 2016. PoE was released several years ago, so they are largely beholden to those system requirements and the restraints it puts on development. Unfortunately, the expansion nature of PoE 2 means there is only so much they can do to move those things forwards. That's great for legacy users (no need to upgrade to run the sequel - something that really hurt EQ2 on release, for example), but as time goes on it's going to have an effect on the perception prospective users get when considering a game to play.

Generally, I prefer how Diablo IV is designed as an experience. PoE has fallen too deep into the seasonal model, and I don't like throwing characters away like clockwork in an RPG game. Kind of defeats the purpose of playing one :-P

I didn't say that. Look again :P
Hated it. level 71 and cant fathom walking around in d4 anymore its so damn stale and boring. im only worried after the trailer poe gets a movement/dodge thing aswel please dont make poe arcade and crappy. dont add dodge thing
"
Nubatron wrote:
"
Trensharo wrote:
"
Nubatron wrote:

Misses the point completely.

I didn't say that. Look again :P

I mean holy hell, reading skills and massive implying are a serious issue in these forums.
Ruthless should be [Removed by Support].
Guys your desperate attempts to convince people not to play Diablo 4 are getting embarrassing.

Take it like a man and get over it.

You will still be able to put your money in PoE, you just might have to support it a little harder :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info