Regret buying D4

While PoE had a pretty bad 2022 and 2023 so far in terms of leagues, the base game is still very playable and fun.
Finished crucible league a couple weeks ago so tried D4 today. It takes about 3 mins to load the initial screen. Once you get in it takes a coupele of minutes the first time you load the skill tree. A couple of minutes the first time you load a shopkeepers inventory. A couple minutes any area transition.
Been trying to find out why since most people dont have this problem, but the only thing i can find is to install the high res bundle (I already had it installed, and don't use 4k anyway).

I persevered a couple of times and didn't die until I hit level 13, and some dungeon boss just instantly explodes any corpses which one shots you, so any minion spawn that you kill you die instantly. I died about 20 times before finally killing him (when you die he resets to full, this is something I think PoE should do), and then the game crashed.
Last edited by whyBish on Jun 6, 2023, 10:03:22 AM
Last bumped on Jun 12, 2023, 1:10:02 AM
I'm not a diehard fan of the Diablo franchise (quite the opposite after D3), but it sounds like you didn't give it a chance.
Ok, but why are you crying in the PoE forum? If your pc was not made a few centuries ago and it's a genuine issue, contact them or refund or what ever.

It's like buying a BMW and complaining to Ford that it doesn't work as intended. The hell you think they gonna do?
Not really. It's called warning friends.
"
whyBish wrote:
Not really. It's called warning friends.
just cause of this i will buy it right now and try it myself x'D

edit: nevermind their paypal payment won't let me select any paypal account x'D
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
Last edited by satanttin on Jun 6, 2023, 11:19:22 AM
"
Z3RoNightMare wrote:
Ok, but why are you crying in the PoE forum? If your pc was not made a few centuries ago and it's a genuine issue, contact them or refund or what ever.

It's like buying a BMW and complaining to Ford that it doesn't work as intended. The hell you think they gonna do?

I do find it interesting that you made Diablo the BMW, and POE the Ford. One is mass marketed and made more available to the broader casual public both in gameplay and game performance, and the other is very niche and definitely requires a better computer to even try to play.

I would have swapped the two.
"
Nubatron wrote:
"
Z3RoNightMare wrote:

I do find it interesting that you made Diablo the BMW, and POE the Ford. One is mass marketed and made more available to the broader casual public both in gameplay and game performance, and the other is very niche and definitely requires a better computer to even try to play.

I would have swapped the two.

I agree, as BWM has free to play elements, and limits your speed based on the price/package you pay :)
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:

I agree, as BWM has free to play elements, and limits your speed based on the price/package you pay :)

Man, don't get me started on microtransactions invading cars. Even worse is the subscription-based features. I told my wife the next cars we buy might be the last for a while if that becomes common place. I'll boycott that shit as long as I can.
Last edited by Nubatron on Jun 6, 2023, 11:26:27 AM
"
whyBish wrote:
While PoE had a pretty bad 2022 and 2023 so far in terms of leagues, the base game is still very playable and fun.
Finished crucible league a couple weeks ago so tried D4 today. It takes about 3 mins to load the initial screen. Once you get in it takes a coupele of minutes the first time you load the skill tree. A couple of minutes the first time you load a shopkeepers inventory. A couple minutes any area transition.
Been trying to find out why since most people dont have this problem, but the only thing i can find is to install the high res bundle (I already had it installed, and don't use 4k anyway).

I persevered a couple of times and didn't die until I hit level 13, and some dungeon boss just instantly explodes any corpses which one shots you, so any minion spawn that you kill you die instantly. I died about 20 times before finally killing him (when you die he resets to full, this is something I think PoE should do), and then the game crashed.

Your problems are easily fixed with "l2p" and a better PC....

Sorry but people are in end game and you are crying that you die to much...not more to disect here...In Poe you die and you don't even know why, so d4 is an improvement.

Also P.S my loading time is impecable in d4 and in poe and I have an average i7/16gb/960GTX old(considering latest specs) rig..Also not playing on SSD , diablo 4 is on a solid state, which is not something I can do in POE were a SSD is a must
Never invite Vorana, Last To Fall at a beer party.
Last edited by Vendetta on Jun 6, 2023, 11:29:45 AM
"
Nubatron wrote:
Man, don't get me started on microtransactions invading cars. Even worse is the subscription-based features. I told my wife the next cars we buy might be the last for a while if that becomes common place. I'll boycott that shit as long as I can.

Indeed!

I'll keep my Polo GTI until it falls apart. Have no desire to enter the car market of today.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info