The reason why all the progamers like myself have quit, and why we won't come back.

- Comes to general discussion to rant about being a pro.
- "ignores" regulars
- Says he isn't coming back but he never left.

Thanks for the laughs. You are one of the regulars yourself btw. Changing accounts doesn't change that.
"pro gamer" eh?
Ya ok there.
"
FaZe_Adams wrote:
First off, I'm someone who has been on the leaderboards for the majority of the seasons for the first few weeks. Then I usually get bored by the stale meta and the RMTing streamers and lack of community interest and quit. Before that, I was a co-leader of two of the top raiding and PvP guilds in WoW. Keep in mind, my leaderboard runs usually involved playing half the hours of the other people at the same rank as myself, which I attribute to knowing nuanced meta strategies that I usually don't reveal to anyone, not even my discord or currency farming groups.

What that means for regular gamers, is that when I'm giving advice here, it's not something I'm thinking about. It's something I'm teaching because I know. And honestly this type of community seems to have a 'stick up its ___' when a pro like me gives advice, since it's an ARPG.

Why are all the top pros like myself leaving? Well, the game is COMPLETELY stale. It's overbloated with far too many currencies, too many masters, too many events, etc. Yes, I'm a pro so I enjoy different mechanics, but there's simply too many. I understand this is intentional to get the average player to chuck $30-50 to buy some tabs and hopefully they get addicted and buy some cosmetics. That's a slap in the face to the real pros like me, though. And of course I see right through it, as should you. This game literally gives players wrist and eye issues worse than professional Starcraft players, because they are squinting their eyes to click on a random orb drop for 40% of their gametime. Except Starcraft (a game I'm also Grandmaster top 200 in), actually has mental and physical benefits from being a thinking and speed based game against another person.

Furthermore, despite the millions and millions of profit GGG have made off this game, has there ever been a real graphics overhaul? Has there ever been a change to make leveling new characters simpler and faster for those who have already level to their 90's? No. They refuse to accommodate, which sets them back. Even Diablo 3 knew the value of allowing many characters to be leveled. And guess what, Diablo 3 was the #1 selling game of its time.

Where are the pros like me going? Some pros dabbled in the game Last Epoch, which ended up being dumpster trash. We are choosing Diablo 4. We will not be returning for PoE 2. Your vision is the same vision a blind man has, none at all. As bad as D4 is, it's heavily profitable for streamers and tip top players like myself who always hold a leaderboard spot. They've actually decided to take a leg up on PoE with their skill mechanics and have gotten the 'checkmate' so to speak vs PoE by disallowing RMT. It's widely known that a large amount of PoE streamers sell Divs and other orbs on 3rd party sites.

You have two choices here. You can heed a pros words and move on to another game. Or, you can stay here and realize the leaderboards mean nothing without players like me on them, in addition to a stale meta that will not be influenced by the elite tier players. Your choice. This isn't talking to the people playing through the campaign and experiencing PoE for the first 40 hours, this is talking to the grinders. Deep down you know this game has been bad for a while. The ironic part is when a race leader tells of the experiences he knows, people on the forums choose to not learn the lesson but to get hurt and angry.

So when you see those leaderboards missing a huge amount of names you know would usually be there at the top, realize I left. Realize they left. We won't be coming back no matter what little patch changes are made.

I've seen this same exact post like 2 years ago, can you at least make a new text, instead of just copy-paste?

Next post on your list is "Act9 is impossible with a Marauder". There you will once again write what a pro gamer you are and how you can't complete act9 without a help of a carry.

Please think of something new.

Any update on these topics?
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2922361
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2880800

Last edited by gageris on May 31, 2023, 4:53:58 AM
Looks like I'm not the first streamer or leaderboarder to say negative things about this game. Apparently some guy got such bad drops he named himself 'SadDropUser'.

I guess you never get that magical mirror drop if you don't pay the supporter fee. I knew a guy who bought a $50 support pack and within 2 days he got a mirror drop. He even told me 'I never had a single drop until this". "Guess it is pay to win".

Anyhow, there's really two options here [Removed by Support]. When I go to see a consultant, I may very well be smarter than them or more experienced than them in other areas. I'm a freaking pro. If I'm giving advice, it's because it's something I've learned to be true. You can either take my advice with a grain of salt (or what seems to be an entire box), or you can do the rational thing and adjust.

Deep down, you know the gameplay has been stale for YEARS. This is why the gut reaction to my criticisms are pain and anger so to speak. It's similar to how when an injured animal is cornered and it will snap and bite at a creature 3x it's size towering over it, even though it knows it has no odds of winning.

And if you don't have a history of hitting high ranks or competing, it's best just to learn.
Last edited by Vinky_GGG on Jun 1, 2023, 9:58:20 PM
Lol this thread is something. I don't know what exactly.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on May 31, 2023, 11:19:01 AM
hoho wth
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
oh no, plz dont leave. w/ no programmers idk what id do. do the bosses and maps even work if there are no programmers left???
Still participating in the thread, so 5/10

Good entertainment
Notice how a Mod or Dev could be an adult and respond to their games criticism, but they choose not to. The devs I've spoken to regarding D4 seem to genuinely care, and are going to actually raise their game from the ground up like a game should be.

I'm not going to play a stale game over a fresh one, period.
Look at this guy's previous posts. The account is brand new and he complains about t1 maps.

Condensing his thesis post:
"I was in the leaderboards and I'm so good, I could do it in half the time because I'm a pro...did I tell you I'm a pro?... do you even know how many times I've uninstalled br0!?"
No one can hear you poop in the forrest.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info