Until PoE2 comes, this game is toast (at least for me)

"
Pashid wrote:
"
DarthSki44 wrote:

HELL YOU CANNOT EVEN TRADE WITH OTHER PLAYERS IN POE WITHOUT SPENDING MONEY ON A TAB(S). COME ON.

That's not entirely you true cause you can trade with people even if you don't own any tabs. The game is not going to block you out of trades entirely just because you don't have any tabs.
Sure you need the premium tab to list stuff yourself however if you look at the price it's literally same as the 20 dollar people play to get early access in a 70 bucks game. For the 20 dollar you get all the essential tabs (currency, essence,maps, fragments and even a quad tap which is more than enough for most casuals lol). But I mean in the end you don't even need the stash tabs during any competitive race to be on paar with every other player. Tabs won't give you 4 days of early access in races or leagues. It's just a terrible move to claim that 20 bucks for a F2p game are p2w while you heavily defend the actual p2w of 20 bucks in a non f2p game.
Go figure!

By the way even the entire diablo forum is on fire about this p2w move so it's not just 100 people who care about the situation. But hey sooner or later even you will realize that blizzard games ain't the cherry on top of sweet flawless cakes anymore these days

Nice mental gymnastics on PoE tabs.

So every game that has pre-order early access is P2W? Is that really where we are going? What about all the other games that have early access keys for the same streaming community that is crying now? I don't get it, truly. For a name on a statue? Really? Ok I guess? Again it surpasses my understanding, but people can feel how they want to feel. It's all the rage nowadays.

And I will stand by the point, that the amount of people that are somehow upset or impacted by this, are in the tiniest vocal minority imaginable in the scope of total D4 players. Even if you take the "Entire Diablo Forum", which is hyperbole at it's finest, it's still not even 1% of the folks that will be playing in a week.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on May 28, 2023, 10:21:53 AM
"
DarthSki44 wrote:

Just the true reality out of it even if you hate to accept it.

"
DarthSki44 wrote:

So every game that has pre-order early access is P2W? Is that really where we are going? What about all the other games that have early access keys for the same streaming community that is crying now?

Other games don't hold a "competitive" race during early access. They start those during a later season (if a season model exists) or they run it delayed once everyone has the access to the game. Not to mention some are smart enough to delay races for long enough till the playerbase is all set and until the server run all smooth.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Last edited by Pashid on May 28, 2023, 10:36:34 AM
"
Pashid wrote:
"
DarthSki44 wrote:

Just the true reality out of it even if you hate to accept it.

Oh I don't hate to accept it. I have plenty of tabs. I'm just calling out the hypocrisy. Saying to you don't need paid tabs to trade, just to be able to list items for trade, is certainly an interesting way of framing it. You are correct, no disagreement from me on the functionality. I would say we disagree on the intent, which is the whole point. I think most reasonable people would see trade as being gated by premium stash tabs.

"
Other games don't hold a "competitive" race during early access.

Thank you! That's what I'm saying. This only applies to competitive hardcore racers, who some have early access through preorder, and some others through previous beta iterations leading up to launch.

This is not a big deal, like at all. Maybe Blizz will end up delaying it until season 1, or maybe not. Either way the amount of people that it directly impacts is an infinitesimally small amount.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
As someone who doesn't want to pay ggg for stash tabs. I cannot functionally trade. I cannot list items on the website. I could list items on a trade forum that is outdated even by ggg's trade standards.

I chose not to use tft because the mirror shop guy there rmts.

So tell me that stash tabs aren't ptw in a game about currency flipping.

Premium Stash tabs are absolutely pay to win, because they confer a gameplay advantage to players who have them.

That being said: the comparison to D4 is a completely unfair one, for a couple of reasons.

1 - There are various levels of "Pay to Win" and they're definitely not equivalent. Owning tons of premium tabs will increase your efficiency (measured in currency over time) in Path of Exile, but it does not convey any direct benefits during boss fights, PVP, etc. As P2W systems go, this is a very light one, not even close to the advantage that would given by starting a league multiple days early.

2 - Path of Exile is a free to play game, and regularly receives free content updates. Diablo 4 costs 70 USD, and it has already been announced that major expansions will cost additional amounts of money (last I heard no price was set, but let's say 30 USD because that's more or less the industry standard). So over 5+ years of Path of Exile, you never have to spend more than the $20 or so it costs to get a few premium tabs, and you'll be at zero disadvantage compared to any other player. Over 5+ years of Diablo 4, you'll spend 10 times that just to play the game.
Vim. Vigor. Gusto. Perhaps not so much glee, this time. =9[.]9=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
DarthSki44 wrote:

And any notion that game pre-orders now = p2w, I just cannot. That's insanity if we have begun to make that leap.

TBH it isn't a leap...Blizzard is charging you $20 for "early access" to the game via the deluxe version. If the game is ready 4 days before release, and you can pay your way into playing for an extra 4 day headstart....that is the very definition of p2w. It's a VERY SMALL p2w aspect, but its there...

It's like the streamer queue that PoE did...except with a definite pricetag and a far greater advantage.

Early access should have been a lottery-based system on ANY purchase of the game. And all the higher priced versions should have had purely cosmetic gifts. But no, Blizzard is already selling gameplay advantages before the game even hits the market.
Last edited by jsuslak313 on May 28, 2023, 3:16:24 PM
I have always considered poe tabs the cost of entry into the game. You can play without them but your just playing a big demo at that point. Still I thinks it is a very fair price for entry into the game.

So far I have not seen anything from d4 which would make me want to install it yet. I hope that changes though it deserves better with such a great legacy.
"
jsuslak313 wrote:
"
DarthSki44 wrote:

And any notion that game pre-orders now = p2w, I just cannot. That's insanity if we have begun to make that leap.

TBH it isn't a leap...Blizzard is charging you $20 for "early access" to the game via the deluxe version. If the game is ready 4 days before release, and you can pay your way into playing for an extra 4 day headstart....that is the very definition of p2w. It's a VERY SMALL p2w aspect, but its there...

It's like the streamer queue that PoE did...except with a definite pricetag and a far greater advantage.

Early access should have been a lottery-based system on ANY purchase of the game. And all the higher priced versions should have had purely cosmetic gifts. But no, Blizzard is already selling gameplay advantages before the game even hits the market.

Heheh. Blizzivision is backpedaling SO fast!

From Adam Fletcher: "Good feedback from the community on this so we made some changes and updates to the rules to exclude anyone who took part in early review builds."

https://youtu.be/DT_CIaVEa2w?t=151

"Good feedback." "Changes and updates."

So, now those who paid extra for early access are equally screwed because they got excluded from a big event ex post facto, as Blizzivision didn't have the foresight to warn them that this would happen. Blizzivision could simply have postponed the race as suggested, but no, they are a buncha numpties. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Raycheetah wrote:

because they got excluded from a big event

Oh for fucks sake. Big event lol.

I hope they do something special for the alpha and special invite folks. Maybe send them a mini statue... /s

This is so outrageous, the crying and whining from small group of players trying to get their way.

Oh well. As I said before, whatever the fuck you want to call this "event" 99.9997% of people won't care in the slightest.
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on May 29, 2023, 11:36:55 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info