Until PoE2 comes, this game is toast (at least for me)

"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MP2uhLArUss&ab_channel=MattiasTheGamer

This video sums it up for me and after playing 3.21 and totally unplanned jump in into D4 beta I realized few things.

Div/h, most damage, most this, fastest that, best strat, optimizing, Exilence I can't even remember everything... I gave in into this mentality which is predominant in this community and it completely ruined PoE experience for me.
Most fun that I had was in 3.17 perfecting my own off meta build.

Other half of the coin is that PoE became very stress inducing game, giving me lots of frustration and less and less fun time actively playing along the way.

D4 beta which initially was repulsive, after another try reminded me so much of one thing. First year of my PoE career. Just pure fun, exploration, no being burdened by anything but exploring things for myself, absence of stress and frustration, just being in the moment.

Until PoE2 comes out I don't think I can reset myself for PoE1 to have that feeling again and I really hope PoE2 will be good and different from current state of the game.

You do realize that those issues you listed are you issues right? It's nothing POE2 can change, you have to change your way of thinking back to the way it used to be if you want to have fun again. Not like POE2 is going solve any of the big issues this game has but that's another story...
PoE 2 v4.0 League #187 will automagically fix everything and make PoE a fantastically amazing new but not new game. Just you wait!
I have a pretty good sense of humor. I'm not German.
i doubt poe2 will come out before 2025
I will never understand people putting all their faith and trust on 4.0 when they were already playing with some (or most) of 4.0 features since 3.15

It's a new campaign. Possible new systems with lab and sockets/links after that? new gems and ascendencies?
"Parade your victories, hide your defeats. Mortals are so insecure."

Once you break the cycle of fear no angels or demons can whisper you their sweet nothing words.

Retired since crucible.(Not a free tester anymore for a multi billion dollar company).
"
鬼殺し wrote:
To quote a vendor from another ARPG wisely avoided by most: "Gems are addictive; you'll be back, soon enough."

Or to quote an NPC from a not so different game:
"Have fun, elsewhere."
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
For me PoE is simply already better than D4.

I never saw PoE2 as a new game... they said it themselves MANY times.

What you can expect tho from PoE2 is a BIG drop of new content, graphics and gameplay features.

I would agree tho... People who don't like the game right now shouldn't expect a brand new game because it's just not that.

Otherwise for people like me who love the game, this is obviously a big addition that I can't wait for. My hype is based on 1.0 / 2.0 /3.0 expansions. I expect just as much and even more because they clearly are working on it like it is their largest project they have done yet.
"
axeltt012 wrote:
For me PoE is simply already better than D4

Sure, I don't doubt that's the case for many big PoE fans. And how could PoE not be better after 10+ years of live service and updates.

If you compare PoE's launch state and D4's launch state... well you can't. It's hilarious to even fathom.

D4 is going to get nothing but better (presumably), as each season goes by. I guess it's possible D4 falls flat on its face, it's just that nothing so far has indicated that.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
"
I gave in into this mentality

Sounds like a you problem.
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/988f3369-4b68-4eb9-bc0e-edfce4c3c950
This is not an airport. Bye.
Path of Exile was originally based on Diablo 2. I assume that Last Epoch is based PoE. TorsteinTheFallen, if you want to take a break from PoE I highly recommend Last Epoch.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Last edited by Turtledove on May 26, 2023, 3:19:59 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info