Until PoE2 comes, this game is toast (at least for me)

Anyone hoping PoE2 is going to be different from PoE1 is going to be sorely disappointed.

See you back after a couple weeks once the obvious shallow and casual focused gameplay of D4 sets in for you, OP. That's all Diablo is known for now, unable to live up to the legacy D2 made.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
Last edited by Pizzarugi on May 27, 2023, 5:11:25 PM
You can pay for early access to D4, which gives you a HUGE headstart on the "Statue of Lilith Race."

https://youtu.be/7_jeDa8r0Jg

I don't wanna hear ANY more about how "P2W" PoE is compared to D4. ='[.]'=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
"
axeltt012 wrote:
TBH the people chilling for D4 are very unaware of just how many red flags this game has.

Many red flags? Such as?

And P2W? LOL. FFS as it is right now, PoE has more P2W aspects than D4, which currently has ZERO. None.

The red flags already start to prove true: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_jeDa8r0Jg&ab_channel=Zizaran

Say what you want... If you believe D4 won,t be HEAVILY P2W you are delusional.
Last edited by axeltt012 on May 27, 2023, 6:53:04 PM
"
First year of my PoE career. Just pure fun, exploration, no being burdened by anything but exploring things for myself, absence of stress and frustration, just being in the moment.

THIS. I have tried to bring this up in numerous other threads and it seems PoE players are literally unable to play the game this way and it's such a shame. Even in the current state of the game you CAN experience it like this and you'd have a VERY DIFFERENT PoE experience from how streamers and forum members describe the game...but its gone unchecked for so long that you are bombarded at all sides with information telling you how BAD PoE is at teaching you that people simply don't even try. So much content exists outside of PoE that you can pseudo-play the game without really playing the game. But something like D4 teaches you...when there's NO content yet available...what it used to be like to JUST PLAY THE GAME.

And yes, GGG has NOT been helpful in promoting this kind of exploratory behavior for new players. We shouldn't be challenged SO MUCH in the beginning of the game that you die numerous times before the 3rd area. The beginning of games is supposed to be exceedingly forgiving so you CAN experiment, but GGG took the opposite approach and punish you greatly right from the start for every wrong choice you make.

Haven't played D4 yet, but if its like the beginning of D3 I remember it being actively DIFFICULT to die, except to the skeleton king in the beta. You had time to make decisions in every encounter. Resource management was much easier. D3 turned out to be a terrible, extremely linear uncomplicated game...so I'm still weary of jumping onto the D4 wagon. But I'm sure I will eventually

That video OP linked spells out nearly every single argument I have against things written in the PoE forums..."god forbid you don't build your character as efficiently as possible". Its just SOOOOOOO true. Don't let someone else do the playing for you...
Last edited by jsuslak313 on May 27, 2023, 9:00:34 PM
"
axeltt012 wrote:
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
"
axeltt012 wrote:
TBH the people chilling for D4 are very unaware of just how many red flags this game has.

Many red flags? Such as?

And P2W? LOL. FFS as it is right now, PoE has more P2W aspects than D4, which currently has ZERO. None.

The red flags already start to prove true: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_jeDa8r0Jg&ab_channel=Zizaran

Say what you want... If you believe D4 won,t be HEAVILY P2W you are delusional.

Lol what a video. I cannot express how little I care about a few streamers looking to get a name engraved on some statue. Holy shit no one cares.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
"
DarthSki44 wrote:

Lol what a video. I cannot express how little I care about a few streamers looking to get a name engraved on some statue. Holy shit no one cares.

Clearly people care otherwise a video like this wouldn't exist, same as requests to delay the race till season 1.

But I mean there are plenty of dedicated player who care about competitive races. Not everyone has the "I don't care" casual player mindset like you. Your own opinion doesn't represent 100% of the other diablo players opinion after all. So don't come with a "no one cares" lol
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Last edited by Pashid on May 28, 2023, 1:37:52 AM
I dont get it. Hearthstone is a horrible cash grab with terrible daily quests and arena being a huge free 2 play bait, wc3 remake was a nostalgy terrible cash grab with nothing for custom games and bnet, diablo immortal horrible cash grab, diablo 3 with all the money they did had very little updates, and yet people still expect sth about this company and praise upcoming d4. like wtf, you people have some kind of memory somewhere or ?
"
Pashid wrote:
"
DarthSki44 wrote:

Clearly people care otherwise a video like this wouldn't exist, same as requests to delay the race till season 1.

But I mean there are plenty of dedicated player who care about competitive races. Not everyone has the "I don't care" casual player mindset like you. Your own opinion doesn't represent 100% of the other diablo players opinion after all. So don't come with a "no one cares" lol

If GGG had pulled something like this, the "usual suspects" would be all over it with vim, vigor, gusto, and glee. But since it's the competition to PoE, the game they love to hate, D4 is sacrosanct, and "nobody cares" about a major, clumsy blunder rooted in a cash grab.

Funny, that. =0[.]o=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Raycheetah wrote:
"
Pashid wrote:
"
DarthSki44 wrote:

If GGG had pulled something like this, the "usual suspects" would be all over it with vim, vigor, gusto, and glee. But since it's the competition to PoE, the game they love to hate, D4 is sacrosanct, and "nobody cares" about a major, clumsy blunder rooted in a cash grab.

Funny, that. =0[.]o=

GGG has pulled shit like this. Do we have to do through the list? How about the streamer queue fisaco tied to GGG sponsorships? Or when character seeding was exposed from a "bug" in delve? How about the Ruthless HCSSF Race recently? That went over like a lead balloon did it not?.

When I say nobody cares, I really mean a tiny fraction that is so insignificant it doesn't matter. D4 is expecting multi-millions this launch. We are talking about so few people this impacts. (max 100 winners on this statue) I mean even if 1500 people are seriously going all out for this "competition, that represents .0003 of the launch player base, if 5 million play the first month. So yeah, considering the remaining 99.9997, realistically no one cares, regardless of a few butthurt YouTube videos or Twitter hot takes. (adjust the math however you want, it's still at most in the thousandths of 1% of the total players)

And any notion that game pre-orders now = p2w, I just cannot. That's insanity if we have begun to make that leap. That's just being mad for the sake of being mad. You can live your best life however you want, but that's in another universe for the vast majority of folks. "Major clumsy blunder rooted in a cash grab"? HA! I'm sure it will derail their launch... jesus the copium here is astounding. Cash grab... lol.

HELL YOU CANNOT EVEN TRADE WITH OTHER PLAYERS IN POE WITHOUT SPENDING MONEY ON A TAB(S). COME ON.

Finally, won't there be plenty of "PoE Fans" playing D4? "Usual Suspects" my ass, it will half (or more?) of the entire PoE player base. Thank god only a few more days of this, and then when it arrives the data will speak for itself. Poor D4 Doomers I don't know what they will say when the game is just flat out smashing. I guess we will see shortly.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on May 28, 2023, 10:06:46 AM
"
DarthSki44 wrote:

HELL YOU CANNOT EVEN TRADE WITH OTHER PLAYERS IN POE WITHOUT SPENDING MONEY ON A TAB(S). COME ON.

That's not entirely you true cause you can trade with people even if you don't own any tabs. The game is not going to block you out of trades entirely just because you don't have any tabs.
Sure you need the premium tab to list stuff yourself however if you look at the price it's literally same as the 20 dollar people play to get early access in a 70 bucks game. For the 20 dollar you get all the essential tabs (currency, essence,maps, fragments and even a quad tap which is more than enough for most casuals lol). But I mean in the end you don't even need the stash tabs during any competitive race to be on paar with every other player. Tabs won't give you 4 days of early access in races or leagues. It's just a terrible move to claim that 20 bucks for a F2p game are p2w while you heavily defend the actual p2w of 20 bucks in a non f2p game.
Go figure!

By the way even the entire diablo forum is on fire about this p2w move so it's not just 100 people who care about the situation. But hey sooner or later even you will realize that blizzard games ain't the cherry on top of sweet flawless cakes anymore these days
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info