Beware of The Forbidden Trove - Discord's Negative Influence on the Path of ExIle

"
DarthSki44 wrote:
Also you are right about the one guy handling all of trade. I too found that comment on the last league stream to be absolutely bizzare. For all the commentary on how sacrosanct the economy is, and how vital trade is to their loot balancing and progression, they treat it as an afterthought in practice. Truly confounding.

Yeah... They also made sure to mention that the API is public, and if anyone else wanted to make a better/their own tool, go for it. So they are welcoming community participation, at least to a certain degree - in some areas.

BTW, and this may be a little bit off topic: Can anyone tell my why you cannot fuse/merge fragments like you can with Harbinger pieces? So you could easily make a complete boss key/token/whatever, WAY easier to sell? Simulacrum splinters, Breach splinters, Maven splinters - they all merge into one, why can't Sirus/Elder/Shaper also do that?
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:
why can't Sirus/Elder/Shaper also do that?

Yeah idk, no reasonable answer on that. It's just how they prefer it. Perhaps they want people to experience those individual encounters first? But even then the guardians/elderslayers don't actually prepare you for the boss encounter.

This would really help with RNG also in SSF for Uber Elder. Often times those fragments can be brutal drop rate wise.

And also how come horizon orbs work on the shaper guardian maps only?
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on May 24, 2023, 10:31:50 AM
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
This would really help with RNG also in SSF for Uber Elder. Often times those fragments can be brutal drop rate wise.

It wouldn't help with RNG, though, as I'm only advocating to 'merge' four fragments into one to help with trading/bulk sales. You'd still need the four fragments :P

When it comes to Horizon orbs, they only work with Shaper maps, because they are their 'own' maps/unique layouts/unique bosses. Elder/Sirus is only influence on existing layouts.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
DarthSki44 wrote:

It wouldn't help with RNG, though, as I'm only advocating to 'merge' four fragments into one to help with trading/bulk sales. You'd still need the four fragments :P

When it comes to Horizon orbs, they only work with Shaper maps, because they are their 'own' maps/unique layouts/unique bosses. Elder/Sirus is only influence on existing layouts.

Oh I thought you were advocating for a change to splinters, but now I see you just want a complete version tradable. That's my bad.

And I hadnt actually thought about the fact the shaper guradian maps are actually static, and that's why the orb works. Makes sense. Good call and I learned something today lol.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on May 24, 2023, 11:41:22 AM
Pretty sure none is forcing none to mirror Belton's nor TFT's stuff, so accusing them of extortion when what they are doing is exposing the truth is pretty retarded. Belton could actually accuse them of defamation and/or suppression of evidence, but that's a court matter to sort out.

While at it, ToS is not legally binding and RMT is not technically against the law, it's just massively hypocrite that CW says "trade is sacrosanct", but goes silent when RMTrs are exposed with plentiful evidence and nothing is done.

To be fair, Discord is a good place to setup services, but pretty dog shit to setup actual moderation. "Emoji mocking me? Ban. Hehe".

All in all, TFT is what happens when basedwellers are given power and turn out to be, surprise, not moderate, but extremists. Supressing competition, defamation, unjustified bans, egotistical mods. It's a self made problem by how GGG molded the top 1%, neckbeards with delusions of elitism.

"
Many of the "problems" that TFT solves were intended to be problems

The game got big, technology evolded, and GGG is refusing to evolve with it.

GGG when after years it becomes a worse problem:
Ruthless should be [Removed by Support].
Last edited by AdRonZh3Ro on May 24, 2023, 1:28:52 PM
Biggest issue is GGG relies on others to make stuff they should of made and monitored.
"
AdRonZh3Ro wrote:

The game got big, technology evolded, and GGG is refusing to evolve with it.

Pretty much, I wasn't supporting their approach I think it made sense at the time and was a good choice but once the issue is forced you have to change with the times as you mention.

To me that is either restricted drops or superior integrated trade service
Hmm, does anyone really want to defend the GGG take that trade should be personally unpleasant, time consuming, inefficient, awkward, and scam-prone?

I get that they want trade to be limited, but does anyone REALLY want to defend their approach - creating a frustration and annoyance, scam tax on trade (FATS tax) on trading?

Who wants to talk about what a good solution this is and how it improves the game overall?
"
trixxar wrote:
Hmm, does anyone really want to defend the GGG take that trade should be personally unpleasant, time consuming, inefficient, awkward, and scam-prone?

I get that they want trade to be limited, but does anyone REALLY want to defend their approach - creating a frustration and annoyance, scam tax on trade (FATS tax) on trading?

Who wants to talk about what a good solution this is and how it improves the game overall?

Nah, I don't think any sane person would defend the current "system". Some people can defend parts of it, and I'm one of them. I'll defend two things:

1) That the seller has to personally accept a trade. But this could be fixed by a non-intrusive popup that requires ONE click on an accept button, instead of having to portal away from your map and invite the buyer to your hideout.

2) Sort of related, but NO(!) offline or 100% automated system. We are still the players. We are still doing the trades. And they should be, in one way or another, our actions when we are online.

But other than that? Fix everything. And for Gods sake, implement it in-game, instead of this half arsed web solution.
"
trixxar wrote:

When the game was built for it i'd defend it, It just moved past that by a considerable margin.

Its no different to me to defending their nerf mentality prior to delirium. Things were largely stable and outliers while there weren't that far beyond the norm so nerfing the tallest nail was a good approach.

Ever since the left herald/aura stacker for the whole league though its just a pointless stance to take, there are omega busted things every single league now that overwhelmingly outperform with respect to the norm.

So why act like the base power level matters anymore when so many circumvent it, just overbuff melee it won't cost them anything. Trade is much the same, it worked and served its purpose but honestly they have left it to its own devices (and the communities devices) for so long now that its miles away from any plan they originally had.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info