They need to just get rid of breach, it's worse than it ever was.

I'm using gilded as well ! A large part of income comes from named clasped hands, and that is (I guess ?) increased by iiq. I try to run maps with reasonably high iiq (and my tree adds some), and add Eater influence for extra iiq altars. I get 1-2 Chayula's clasped hand, each dropping 6-8 splinters, plus 6+ regular clasped that drop 2-4 splinters half the time. This alone provides 15-25 splinters (mostly depending of having one or two named clasped), plus the 5 to 7 dropped by rare mobs. So that's 20 to 30, not counting lucky runs with Breach boss or Xesh-thing, or simply having a splinter duplication in a named clasped hand.

I use 2 breach sextants (1 additionnal breach, "breaches belong to Chayula and contain 3 additionnal clasped hands) and gilded breach scarabs, with close to all atlas passives allocated, save the ones that make breaches to open/close faster, du to my clear being subpar. "Breaches open 30% slower" definitely helps clicking all clasped hands in my case.
In maps, my iiq is around +130% (~90% printed roll on the map with 30% increased mod effect and +15% iiq from atlas, then +5/+10 from 1-2 sacrificial fragments, as I run only breach and abyss and don't use 4 scarabs), and I gain +25% to +60% on a regular basis from Eater altars. For maximum efficiency you'd want to run only maps with either 8 mods, >120% iiq, or maps you corrupted into unidentified with the sextant giving 20% increased pack size in unid maps, but even in lesser tier maps you have decent drops.

Breach isn't the most profitable mechanic of the league, but it is cheap to run with decent payback if your primary objective is adding mob density to your maps.
I tried it aswell fully specced into it, the problem is that the small breach nodes give stuff like 10% increased splinters dropped, the problem with that is 1-2 drop so usualy this ends up as 1-2 anyway, so for sure not worth the time, or atlas points, you are better off getting all the heist nodes and run them for splinters, if you want to reliable do breach bosses.
+1

It was solid before patch, now not even worth to invest anymore or barely even run.
Last edited by FinYuna on May 22, 2023, 6:57:56 AM
Haven't tried specing into Breach this league, so I cannot (personally) say if it's buffed or nerfed when fully invested into Breach. What I can say, is that Breach is now even more useless than before when you're not invested into it on the atlas tree.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
keeping breach boss fights as it is right now it's not really that bad...considering that you run invitations..

having the drops to items and blessings gutted it's a real problem. I mean ok the blessings could have been adjusted as they are like 2 tiers of stones right now, but gutting the skin of loyal and lords drop rates it's just bananas as it's already RNG on colors and another layer of RNG on skin of the lords point which can brick some builds...So having to grind for a slot machine that generates another slot machine is just another way of proving that GGG balances the game around RNG over RNG layers.

At least they could have let the card drop "the chosen" at a normal drop :/, just sayin, no point in gutting everything.
Never invite Vorana, Last To Fall at a beer party.
Currently breaches are a joke. chayula armor went from build enabler to chase item. We had a lot of fancy wording masking one of the nastier mechanics nerfs in poe history.
Second-class poe gamer
revert the freaking drop rate on breach bosses my god ggg.You would think they would want to enable MORE people to do content in this game.enable more people to play different builds.I'd go as far as to say to actually increase the drop rates from whatever 0.001% you have it now.

you are turning everything into a chase item and the only thing you are doing is chasing people away from this rng filled garbage.

why? who are you tuning this stuff for exactly? this is already a niche game as it is.

running a enriched breach stone should drop at least a single unique,or else whats the point of these tiers.i get the same crap loot from a normal breach stone as i do enriched.whats the point?!

your about to lose a chunk of your player base in days already,fix your game and stop tuning these drop rates around the top %.
Have not specced into it whatsoever but I find them pretty useful for supplemental Delirium juice. Nice thick packs of monsters.
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/988f3369-4b68-4eb9-bc0e-edfce4c3c950
"
PoitelMarto wrote:

I get consistently 25-30 splinters per breach, x3 breaches in most maps, and monster density is similar to previous leagues.

This is an absurd exaggeration...I was running fully specced breaches, with gilded AND winged scarabs, increased Chayula chance, rare corrupted high iiq good layout maps, using my LA mirror-tier build with unheard of clearing speed...for close to two weeks and I never even got enough splinters to even create a single Chayula breachstone. HUNDREDS of breaches...There is no way you get "consistently" 25-30 splinters per breach in its current iteration. In some cases, monster density can be high, but in the vast majority there is SO MUCH empty time in breaches now. I can sit there for a solid few seconds and not a single monster will spawn, that's crazy. You sometimes get LUCKY with a breachlord or special hand but even then, as others pointed out, they drop 2-3 splinters (compared to 8+ from legion bosses...).

I kept track: in total from at least a week, possibly 2 weeks farming the most breached up breaches I could make I had: 0 chayula stones (53 splinters), 1 uul-netol stone (27 splinters left), 3 esh stones, 5 xoph stones, 2 tul stones. Many of the stones were raw drops instead of converting 100 splinters. It is TERRIBLE now.
Last edited by jsuslak313 on May 24, 2023, 2:18:12 PM
"
jsuslak313 wrote:
"
PoitelMarto wrote:

I get consistently 25-30 splinters per breach, x3 breaches in most maps, and monster density is similar to previous leagues.

This is an absurd exaggeration...I was running fully specced breaches, with gilded AND winged scarabs, increased Chayula chance, rare corrupted high iiq good layout maps, using my LA mirror-tier build with unheard of clearing speed...for close to two weeks and I never even got enough splinters to even create a single Chayula breachstone. HUNDREDS of breaches...There is no way you get "consistently" 25-30 splinters per breach in its current iteration. In some cases, monster density can be high, but in the vast majority there is SO MUCH empty time in breaches now. I can sit there for a solid few seconds and not a single monster will spawn, that's crazy. You sometimes get LUCKY with a breachlord or special hand but even then, as others pointed out, they drop 2-3 splinters (compared to 8+ from legion bosses...).

I kept track: in total from at least a week, possibly 2 weeks farming the most breached up breaches I could make I had: 0 chayula stones (53 splinters), 1 uul-netol stone (27 splinters left), 3 esh stones, 5 xoph stones, 2 tul stones. Many of the stones were raw drops instead of converting 100 splinters. It is TERRIBLE now.

It does seem pretty low, I wouldn't mind it as much if they reigned some other things in similarly but lessened the restrictions slightly on breach to make investment feel worth it over simply running the content with no passives an a lot of quant/etc.

Last league the breach stones were effectively worthless.. But this reaction was too much imo, needs a buff but maybe not a massive one.. Its a alot easier to add creep in than it is to take it away as we see here.
Innocence forgives you
Last edited by SilentSymphony on May 24, 2023, 2:23:50 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info