Race Season Two Announced!

When are you guys going to add longer events, 1week+ with interesting mods (turbo/cutthroat/whatever)? The 2 so far are the same as the hardcore ladder. *yawn*

If not, when are you going to add paid leagues?
Please let us have MORE weekly races. They bring back the feel of old school D2 ladder resets. The 1-3hour ones are kinda boring.
LET IT BEGIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
One More Day...
Does anyone know if they ever plan on making custom in-game art for all uniques?
The new prize structure and the prizes themselves look great! Also nice to see so many more races available.

I have to echo the sentiments of my fellow East Coasters though. The race times are really rough for anybody with a regular 9 to 5 job. The 5 PM race is too early and the 11 PM race is late for anything other than maybe a 1 hour race. I hope the times can be varied a little better.
"
otinanai2 wrote:
Please let us have MORE weekly races. They bring back the feel of old school D2 ladder resets. The 1-3hour ones are kinda boring.

There is a 1 week and a few days after that ends there is a 1 month. Now if after the 1 month there isn't a 1 week there. Well then I understand the concern as well as share it.

@OP

When do we get to see the prize structure for specific races?
-ign rptd (Hardcore) _riptide (default and that's an underscore too)
Last edited by riptid3 on Apr 17, 2013, 1:02:30 PM
I'm excited for this. I did not get to take advantage of the first season because of my work schedule. I am in the Central Time Zone and work a 9-5pm job, Mon - Fri. As a result, like many players, my availability excludes a large number of the races. It is what it is. I want to focus on the races I can make and not the ones I can't.

I'm posting to find others who are in my situation and want to party up.

My goal is to get the 360 pts for Tabula Rasa. I'm a former hardcare MMO'er and obsessed FPS player but am married now and can't commit to those games anymore. PoE gives me my fix (and reminds me of my college days playing D2).

So if you are in my boat, want to have fun, earn enough points for the prizes you want while the hardcore racers do their thing, send me a message. I will be using Mumble and have my friend's server to use for the races. Whether they are solo or party events, I'll be on the server to socialize and share advice.

In the end, we should be able to get the loots we want and make some friends while we are at it.
"
Lekwid wrote:
It's one of those events that caters to very few people I believe. It's likely the reason they are making the lengthy races party races.

There is one practical issue with it as well, not all classes gets healing support gems for example, while it may sound like a challenge to do endgame without I'm thinking not many would attempt it.
In game contact @MajorAsshole

Challenge T-Shirt: 4/6 | Full Challenge Totems: 21/27
"
Redblade wrote:
"
Lekwid wrote:
It's one of those events that caters to very few people I believe. It's likely the reason they are making the lengthy races party races.

There is one practical issue with it as well, not all classes gets healing support gems for example, while it may sound like a challenge to do endgame without I'm thinking not many would attempt it.

A lot of players even in 1 week party races make a marauder as nothing more than a gem mule. The more time you add to a race the more gem characters you could level.

Playing in a 1 week+ it's no big deal to get a witch to act 1 cruel for purity and picking up enfeeble on the way. Then going marauder for decoy, bear trap, weapon ele, reduced mana, and any auras you won't be able to get on your duelist(as an example). You basically could go all the way through act 1 merci, on mara, to get all the blood magic/life steals you'd need.
-ign rptd (Hardcore) _riptide (default and that's an underscore too)
Last edited by riptid3 on Apr 17, 2013, 1:28:57 PM
"
riptid3 wrote:
"
Redblade wrote:
"
Lekwid wrote:

A lot of players even in 1 week party races make a marauder as nothing more than a gem mule. The more time you add to a race the more gem characters you could level.

Playing in a 1 week+ it's no big deal to get a witch to act 1 cruel for purity and picking up enfeeble on the way. Then going marauder for decoy, bear trap, weapon ele, reduced mana, and any auras you won't be able to get on your duelist(as an example). You basically could go all the way through act 1 merci, on mara, to get all the blood magic/life steals you'd need.

I'm no stranger to level character but even I would rather curl up in a corner and start to cut my self rather than going through 12 hours of game play just to get one gem to use after playing another 12 hours on a different character.

There are other solutions to the problem but they do require GGG to change some aspects of the game for those races and have the tools to remove certain items from your character before transferring it over when it's done.
In game contact @MajorAsshole

Challenge T-Shirt: 4/6 | Full Challenge Totems: 21/27

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info