Race Season Two Announced!

"
Freekee wrote:
It all sounds great, but I'm not sure about higher finishing having a higher chance of random rewards. Those people are typically the ones that don't need any of it or are already in line for Demigods or high point total rewards.

I agree. Additionally if you win a demigod (or whatever) then you should be ineligible for the random prize draw.
Ascension tied to Lab is the worst thing GGG has done...apart from GGG's philosophy on Trading. Oh and Gambling Loot boxes. And selling out to tencent.

I used to love GGG. I supported to ensure GGG remained independent, now I just wish I could get my money back. -_-
Am I the only one that thinks Demis are useless?

GGG needs to lower the requirement for getting 1 point in races. To make it easier for lower-skilled and newer players to get something for participating in events..
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
"
Chameleon wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:

Regarding requests for overlapping or same time races for aprty and solo events, when trialled in the between season races, participation and competition in these races didn't seem especially high.

I suspect it has more to do with people not being interested in an "in between race" with no rewards except first place which was pretty much a lock for Kripp and his friends, so people didnt bother trying. And less on their interest in the concept of overlapping races, which I think is probably much higher than you realize.

This. I specifically didn't do but 1 or 2 in-between races since I have absolutely nothing to gain. I just played my main instead.
IGN: LetsGoOffOnATangent
"

GGG needs to lower the requirement for getting 1 point in races. To make it easier for lower-skilled and newer players to get something for participating in events..

To be fair, the 1 point requirement is extraordinarily easy for someone who has played much PoE at all. However, with the release of the overall points rewards and it scaling down much further, I have a feeling the race rewards will follow suit.
IGN: LetsGoOffOnATangent
"
Taxt wrote:
"

To be fair, the 1 point requirement is extraordinarily easy for someone who has played much PoE at all. However, with the release of the overall points rewards and it scaling down much further, I have a feeling the race rewards will follow suit.
The avg player can at most get 1-3 points in a 1hr, and no points in any longer races.

Even though I can get the minimum point for a 1hr race if I tried, I don't want to play at 100% for 1hr on multiple days, just for a simple reward. It'd be good if I could slack off a little, and enjoy the race..
Im very happy and cant wait to start racing :)
"
Litheum wrote:
"
Chaosu wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
At the end of the season, the top 20 players by Season Points will receive an alternate art Demigod's Triumph.

Feels like a biggest mistake to me, last season proved that there are very few reaching top tier reward (24 players) (btw. season 1 ladder is broken right now, can't change number of players per page). 20 of them received another prize. getting 1000 points seems tougher because season duration is the same! Will you be happy if highest tier reward will be obtained by less than 20 players? Feels wrong to me, but what do I know...

The problem is, it is just as unfair to not reward these guys just to be fair to us.

If they stopped at 300 or even 500, it is just as unfair to those guys who now get nothing the rest of the season. I do think these top performers get a little too much, because they get uniques each race, each tier, end-of-season, and now the "signature" record races. But at the same time, I am not putting in a 40-hour race week like they are......so meh.

I would be upset if they stipened my pay at 2 days of work because it's unfair to people who only work 2 days a week......the rewards are given for talent, strategy, commitment, and time investment. And at the end of the day I think thats OK.

Biggest reason?? Because I wholeheartedly believe "catering to casuals" was the reason some very big, respected Companies have lost all respect and loyalty from me.

Even though I am not a top 20 guy, I like playing games that stick to their ideals, POE is a game for hardcore gamers.

I totally agree with you and what I think is not that they should remove one of the two prizes for the top20. What I think should happen is lower the highest prize, so those who reach it easily have the drive to race for the latest (overall season) prize. I know it's hard to predict what people will do but I personally think that 1000 points will be much harder to get than 480 last season. Yes, they may be more races and they are overall shorter but most people can't wake up/show up for every race, even if it takes less time to play them.

To sum up, I am not against the top20 ladder reward, I just think it needs more calibration. Right now it seems that 1000 point reward is much more prestige than obtaining top20 (because you get the top20 reward almost anyway).
ign: Krowa_IX HC | RacingCow races
Last edited by Chaosu on Apr 17, 2013, 10:50:13 AM
"
Chameleon wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:

Regarding requests for overlapping or same time races for aprty and solo events, when trialled in the between season races, participation and competition in these races didn't seem especially high.

I suspect it has more to do with people not being interested in an "in between race" with no rewards except first place which was pretty much a lock for Kripp and his friends, so people didnt bother trying. And less on their interest in the concept of overlapping races, which I think is probably much higher than you realize.

Well, Kripp is the reason a lot of players started/still do play the game.
Would be easier to just give the awards directly to him though, instead of masking it with race rewards :P

Or better yet, sponsor his stream and pay him directly.

3-5000 people watch his stream every day, and his POE daily videos get 30-40k views, most of those play POE. Out of those 30k+ players.....how much money do you think they spent on transactions?

F it, GGG owes him those demis, and then some.
Last edited by Litheum on Apr 17, 2013, 10:56:11 AM
How does earning points work? What do I have to do?
"
Litheum wrote:
Well, Kripp is the reason a lot of players started/still do play the game.
Would be easier to just give the awards directly to him though, instead of masking it with race rewards :P

Or better yet, sponsor his stream and pay him directly.

3-5000 people watch his stream every day, and his POE daily videos get 30-40k views, most of those play POE. Out of those 30k+ players.....how much money do you think they spent on transactions?

F it, GGG owes him those demis, and then some.
Well you obviously don't watch Kripp's stream then. Because if you did, you'd know that Chris pays Kripp in RNG.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info