PC servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .
Xbox servers are restarting in:
Sony servers are restarting in:

Race Season Two Announced!

"
Mr_Cee wrote:
"
Redblade wrote:
"
Mr_Cee wrote:
Experience has a base "resolution" of 1 point (thats how many, 1/10 of the very first killed monster on the beach?), while ...
Its just not possible to set a rule that generates a true placement and can spawn a winner.

Award additional XP at the end of the race based on quest completed, have each quest count as 1/10th of a level, gate the acts through full quest completion (requires changing the game though) and so on, I'm sure there are more solutions to that problem.

of course are there (additional) options, that could add some more result diversity, but you will still have a lot of players/chars with the same result, killing any ranking.

No you won't, no if you translate quest completion in to a XP amount added at the end of the race (or during, seems like a bad option though), I'm quite sure no one will have the same amount of XP and the same amount of quest completion.
In game contact @MajorAsshole

Challenge T-Shirt: 4/6 | Full Challenge Totems: 21/27
"
"
Taxt wrote:
"
Am I the only one that thinks Demis are useless?

GGG needs to lower the requirement for getting 1 point in races. To make it easier for lower-skilled and newer players to get something for participating in events..

To be fair, the 1 point requirement is extraordinarily easy for someone who has played much PoE at all. However, with the release of the overall points rewards and it scaling down much further, I have a feeling the race rewards will follow suit.
The avg player can at most get 1-3 points in a 1hr, and no points in any longer races.

Even though I can get the minimum point for a 1hr race if I tried, I don't want to play at 100% for 1hr on multiple days, just for a simple reward. It'd be good if I could slack off a little, and enjoy the race..

So, you want the same rewards as everyone, but you don't actually want to try and achieve them? *scratches head*

If you want to slack off a little, then enjoy permanent leagues. If you don't want to play fast, you shouldn't race.
IGN: LetsGoOffOnATangent
More BLAMT plz. just remove skele totems and slightly shorten range on corpse explosion totems so they can't attack from off-screen when they're above or below you
asdasd
Last edited by Darkee on Feb 15, 2021, 12:25:16 AM
So, still got something to say from my last post.

1. I suggest in Season Three you also make 1 week and 1 month leagues but solo(or let players choose). My friend left and I am alone now. I don't like partying with anyone I find...

2. Also could someone explain the text from Kaom's Heart? I don't get it related to the stats. "The warrior who fears will fall." There are some items I understand, like Carnage Heart Onyx Amulet, "... it's thirst has only begun." because it takes 25% of maximum HP and ES, but I don't get this one. Where is the fear?

3. Also, Extra Gore means more blood? And why would an amulet have alternate artwork? If you zoom in enough you can see it on your character? Or just to see how the item looks?

4. Radiance makes an item shine like some of those cosmetics?

Last edited by QweDan96 on Apr 19, 2013, 11:47:52 AM
Some notifications and thoughts:

*the link to the season ladders is missing at the end of the OP

*count all of the 135-minutes-events for the signature event? There is no separate announcement for these, otherwise... and, could we have a kind of ladder for the signature ranking?

*would be nice to have the results of the 'random reward' lottery! (at least to see that these are working) ^^

and a more general question: why is there still no possibility, to have the correct flag shown for the chars in the friendlists? Should get (at least) a new (third) flag for race leagues, of course...
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
More BLAMT purdy-please ...
BLAMT!
awsome
I was on holidays so couldn't post earlier. I'm quoting my thoughts on season 2 rewards prestig and their possible overlapping/redundancy. Number of players who reached last tier reward in season 2: 20.

Quote:
"
Litheum wrote:
"
Chaosu wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
At the end of the season, the top 20 players by Season Points will receive an alternate art Demigod's Triumph.

Feels like a biggest mistake to me, last season proved that there are very few reaching top tier reward (24 players) (btw. season 1 ladder is broken right now, can't change number of players per page). 20 of them received another prize. getting 1000 points seems tougher because season duration is the same! Will you be happy if highest tier reward will be obtained by less than 20 players? Feels wrong to me, but what do I know...

The problem is, it is just as unfair to not reward these guys just to be fair to us.

If they stopped at 300 or even 500, it is just as unfair to those guys who now get nothing the rest of the season. I do think these top performers get a little too much, because they get uniques each race, each tier, end-of-season, and now the "signature" record races. But at the same time, I am not putting in a 40-hour race week like they are......so meh.

I would be upset if they stipened my pay at 2 days of work because it's unfair to people who only work 2 days a week......the rewards are given for talent, strategy, commitment, and time investment. And at the end of the day I think thats OK.

Biggest reason?? Because I wholeheartedly believe "catering to casuals" was the reason some very big, respected Companies have lost all respect and loyalty from me.

Even though I am not a top 20 guy, I like playing games that stick to their ideals, POE is a game for hardcore gamers.

I totally agree with you and what I think is not that they should remove one of the two prizes for the top20. What I think should happen is lower the highest prize, so those who reach it easily have the drive to race for the latest (overall season) prize. I know it's hard to predict what people will do but I personally think that 1000 points will be much harder to get than 480 last season. Yes, they may be more races and they are overall shorter but most people can't wake up/show up for every race, even if it takes less time to play them.

To sum up, I am not against the top20 ladder reward, I just think it needs more calibration. Right now it seems that 1000 point reward is much more prestige than obtaining top20 (because you get the top20 reward almost anyway).
ign: Krowa_IX HC | RacingCow races
Amazing Keep up the good work GGG!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info