So coming off the heels of the D4 Beta and massive Twitch Marketing, GGG presents...Crucible?

There's no way POE can come up with a league mechanic that is capable to compete with the long-awaited Diablo4.

So, why even bother to waste resources to put up a good league mechanic in this league just to compete with D4 for the similar player base. There only so much pie to go around. The best strategy from GGG would be pushing a good league mechanic to a league where the hype around D4 has died down.

They're literally throwing all the "bad ideas" in this league to see if any would work. Almost everything in this league is bad..... League challenge rewards sucked.... League mechanic sucked.... Mystery box sucked.... supporter pack sucked.... Kirac's vault sucked... why would anyone even bother to play in the league when it's almost the same as standard???
Guess it was a really quick league for me...The current changes to breeches made skin of the lords and loyal go to absurd prices, which makes the whole purpose of what I was farming pointless..

Beside the skin I need divergent cwdt exceptional ward gear cuz of the current nerfs and yea...really don't have time to put effort into farming 60 divs just to start trying the new league with nymis effect and some cdr shananigans I had in mind...

Things sell really really slow unless under priced, it's a joke league :)

Good luck to GGG going bankrupt once d4 hits :))
Never invite Vorana, Last To Fall at a beer party.
Last edited by Vendetta on Apr 15, 2023, 7:52:34 AM
I don't get the hate. You can add some seriously powerful modifiers to weapons with crucible crafting. The weapon skills are the reward and some of them are really great.

I also haven't played in years so I'm coming in fresh.
"
VolcanoElixir wrote:
I can't believe that we are calling players spoiled for wanting a league mechanic to drop an unspecified amount of loot in a loot RPG. Like, at the bare minimum a league mechanic had enemies that dropped rares that weren't any good. We went from begging from dropped loot to be more meaningful and rares to be worth picking up to begging for the game to not have loot at all. I can't.

What better loot is there than possibly very powerful passive skills worth possibly multiple skill points? I can't even imagine the line of thought here. Nothing can drop the type of skills you get in crucible. I'm adding 1% life leech + 60% leech recovery rate right now. There are barely any passives in the game that offer 1% life leech.
"
big_aug wrote:
I don't get the hate. You can add some seriously powerful modifiers to weapons with crucible crafting. The weapon skills are the reward and some of them are really great.

My perspective:

1) I'm not a fan of league mechanics that take many maps or levels to complete.

2) There are too few good mods per attempt, reminds me of the Kalandra mess.

3) Where's the Loot?

4) It's just not fun.

My favorite league mechanic was Ritual. Do a few in a SINGLE map or instance and have fun shopping. Ahh, I miss the glory days.

/sigh
“If freedom of [censored] is taken away, then [censored] and [censored] we may be led, like [censored] to the [censored].” - George Washington
Last edited by Rippster on Apr 16, 2023, 10:07:21 AM
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
This league had the benefit of renewed interest in the arpg genre due to D4. This is great news for everyone. GGG shattered their concurrent player record, and the amount of paid sponsorships on Twitch was the highest I've seen yet. They drummed up a significant amount of interest, no doubt about it. It launched on a Holiday weekend for many.

And what does GGG do with this golden opportunity? Present us with one of the most undwhelming leagues in recent memory. Not only is the league mechanic an after thought, the mobs are wildly over-tuned. Many encounters were beyond the difficulty of bosses, which makes zero sense. I doubt many players even completed more than one or two nodes during the entire campaign. It was awful in both utility and experience.

After playing Crucible for a few days I'm left with a couple of strong feelings. One, I wish I was playing D4 instead, and two, GGG has really taken their hands off the wheel with PoE1. It's just so low effort in terms of scope, and mob scaling / interaction. Even the mystery box and battle pass is sub par. (Not to mention the battle pass changes that are a step in a shady direction)

GGG hasnt spoken about PoE2, like at all, and managing these expectations, while still monetizing and supporting PoE1, is becoming increasingly problematic. It's to the point that I dont believe PoE2 can do everything the players are expecting. I think GGG is setting up PoE2 to fall flat. Not that it won't be good, because I expect it will be well designed, but people will be disappointed with what is presented in terms of scope after 5 years in development. I expect the theme to be "great intentions, terrible execution".

Nothing has made me want to play D4 more than this current iteration of PoE. I cannot imagine retention performing well in this league (what is there to do??), and come June, it will be a post-nuclear wasteland. The amount of pressure and expectations for Exilecon in July is staggering. Whatever "beta" they showcase better be epic. They better have tons of info and, subsequently a forum based FAQ section or sticky post, with developer interaction. They better have a solid public beta ready to go shortly after. The amount of bugs and problems to hash out, given what we have seen in past leagues, will be of a magnitude we have never seen before.

GGG cannot afford to fuck this up, and what we have seen lately, isn't a good indicator... of anything really. Good luck GGG, you will need it.

Totally agree.
Lol, how to make this league mechanic good in a few simple steps. Make merging of trees deterministic. As in allocated nodes go on the tree where they are. Allow the nodes not have connectors so you can build the tree the way you want. Let your players have fun, disable trees when characters move to standard. Fin.
Last edited by Moregaze on Apr 23, 2023, 8:37:13 PM
No you can attempt to. Getting past 1 that you want is a nightmare. Loved that I got my tree with the first two passives I wanted. Put it on my +1 all skill gems weapon, mutated first node to something useless. Glad I picked up every sceptre I ever saw to get the nodes I wanted....
I didnt even have a close look at D4 yet but thinking of playing 3 months of crucible.... makes me wanna play D4 right away lol.
"
big_aug wrote:

I'm closing to 99th lvl, and still searching so called 'powerful modifiers' for my RF build on scepters! And Iva done alot of crucibles on scepters, all are scrap lvl, not even smell like power. So. Tell me more about it.

Why shoukd I get to love this, huh?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info