Nerf fest is coming

Are you ready? Did you buy shiny glowy MTXs for spark, seismic trap and srs to never touch these skills again?

Hurry up! Sale will end soon!
Last edited by geddim on Mar 26, 2023, 6:13:32 AM
Last bumped on Apr 1, 2023, 7:27:14 AM
RIP Nimis and Poison as a whole.
I had raven srs since it came out Ive enjoyed it.
Spoiler
hoho
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
Last edited by xPiranha on Mar 26, 2023, 9:17:45 AM
"
geddim wrote:
Are you ready? Did you buy shiny glowy MTXs for spark, seismic trap and srs to never touch these skills again?

Hurry up! Sale will end soon!

Nerf fest because of 3 skills? I wonder if some of you actually witnessed the 3.15 patch if you call nerfing 3 skills, from which 2 performed exceptionally well since a while now. Im honestly looking forward for stuff to be changed so its not league 10 with seismic reigning surpreme
Seismic reigning supreme at 2% usage? Wat? Besides, i am sure it won't just be those 3 skills, there is a bunch of other stuff that will likely get slaugtered. Plus we are way overdue for melee nerfs again, didn't have any lately.
"
Baharoth15 wrote:
Seismic reigning supreme at 2% usage? Wat? Besides, i am sure it won't just be those 3 skills, there is a bunch of other stuff that will likely get slaugtered. Plus we are way overdue for melee nerfs again, didn't have any lately.

Maybe don't check the latest snapshot after 3.5 months of a league to make a point? Check day 1, then we talk again.
"
Vennto wrote:

Maybe don't check the latest snapshot after 3.5 months of a league to make a point? Check day 1, then we talk again.

I'm not sure using the racer meta seismic builds to complete the game at an absurd pace, is a good measuring tool for balance of the entire game in terms of a skill usage / comparison.

By all accounts seismic, on average, is fine. It's just safer gameplay, easy to manage, and doesn't require as much gear as some other builds.

RF is kinda similar. Very balanced in terms of damage and utility like map clear, but it's just easier to play, and typically allows people to be tanky. It's a few million DPS at best with fire trap, and less than a million on the actual RF. It's pretty weak actually on the damage scale, but people have been saying it should be nerfed.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
All good points, aside the fact that balancing should always be done top down. It doesn't matter how unbalanced something is for casual players as they can overcome things without GGG adjusting stuff by just getting better at the game.

And this is not some elitist "gid gud" opinion for PoE alone, I always advocated for that in any game. Take League of Legends for example, they balance champions in 95% of the time around their power in higher up tiers or even pro play and only in a few specific cases where the numbers really went haywire they adjust smth in order to control lower tier winrates.

That all being said: aside from nerfing the specific cases and while acknowledging that balancing in poe is notoriously difficult, I would love to see buffs for underplayed skills.
In an ideal world they would actually not only buff their numeric values but change their function and mechanic to offer interesting scaling options. IMO most gems just lack initial mechanical advantages to even be considered. Things like channelling, one-target only strikes or severely lacking AS/no projectile scaling are all things that forces people to invest a bunch into that character to offset disadvantages vs. better performing options in the first place, that's the real problem in regards to balance.
how do we even know what gets nerfed since there is no balance manifesto?
"
Lyutsifer665 wrote:
how do we even know what gets nerfed since there is no balance manifesto?

We don´t. We´re assuming based on collective intel and some available numbers, could be totally wrong or 100% right, we will only know on Thurday.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info