Is POE 2 going to have male and female options for each class / character

I never have liked gender locked classes in videogames.
Last bumped on Dec 16, 2023, 10:18:02 PM
i doubt it
I don't think I want a male witch or a female marauder. Thx but no thx.
"
Networm13 wrote:

Witch can be named Wizard and Marauder doeasn't seem to have any gender connotation its a neutral term.
"
Klungoko wrote:
I never have liked gender locked classes in videogames.

it is D2 (Diablo 2 not Destiny 2) thing.....
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
"
neohongkong wrote:
it is D2 (Diablo 2 not Destiny 2) thing.....

It’s an expense thing.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
I hope they stick to POE/Diablo 2 and dont cave in to have both genders as playable class. The genders for all classes are also really well picked in POE.

[Removed by Support]
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
Last edited by Chulainn_GGG on Mar 26, 2023, 10:24:11 PM
"
Networm13 wrote:

Ironic that a word that had no gendering (witch is born of Wicca (the male) and Wicce (the female) or a shorting of a word that only ment to be under the affect of a spell) is now so conceived as purely female that people can't concieve of a fantasy world in which a male witch is okay. Much less that we -have- female marauders in game. Maramoa, Hyrri and Lani could all easily classify and are all pretty cool, not that Hyrri's been given much charactization in game or extended materials.

This is even more ironic given path's extremely open character build options. Ranger's archtypical style is that of a bow user, but Path's Ranger is just as capable as a any class in close combat. The duelist is arugably one of the less good single target classes in the game, despite the branding as someone who preferes one on one fights.

But I digress, as to the actual topic, I'd love them to add a gender choice for all classes, but I also don't expect them to do so. It adds cost (doubles the work of every item model and all voice lines in the game, and might even require them to add a ton of voice lines for PoE Part 1 and 2 if they're eying the option to allow PoE2 characters to go back and do that content). While it's often a mocked concept, when you want to add 7 additional character models (design, animation, etc), 7 extra voice actors (and the writing for them), and to retrofit every item in the game for 7 additional character bodies and animations, it is a fairly noticable added workload.

So while I'd love to see it, I don't expect GGG to do so, mostly due to time constraints that the real world puts on things.
"
"
Networm13 wrote:

Ironic that a word that had no gendering (witch is born of Wicca (the male) and Wicce (the female) or a shorting of a word that only ment to be under the affect of a spell) is now so conceived as purely female that people can't concieve of a fantasy world in which a male witch is okay. Much less that we -have- female marauders in game. Maramoa, Hyrri and Lani could all easily classify and are all pretty cool, not that Hyrri's been given much charactization in game or extended materials.

This is even more ironic given path's extremely open character build options. Ranger's archtypical style is that of a bow user, but Path's Ranger is just as capable as a any class in close combat. The duelist is arugably one of the less good single target classes in the game, despite the branding as someone who preferes one on one fights.

But I digress, as to the actual topic, I'd love them to add a gender choice for all classes, but I also don't expect them to do so. It adds cost (doubles the work of every item model and all voice lines in the game, and might even require them to add a ton of voice lines for PoE Part 1 and 2 if they're eying the option to allow PoE2 characters to go back and do that content). While it's often a mocked concept, when you want to add 7 additional character models (design, animation, etc), 7 extra voice actors (and the writing for them), and to retrofit every item in the game for 7 additional character bodies and animations, it is a fairly noticable added workload.

So while I'd love to see it, I don't expect GGG to do so, mostly due to time constraints that the real world puts on things.

Its also probably why they had the exact same choices in character for the classes in POE2. To save on the workload.
Why not?

I'll pay GGG money.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info