Events are so bad even people who make their living off this game are not playing them.

If events can't be over the top, what's even the point in doing an event? The most popular ones were the ones players asked, as opposed to events they came up with that have no correlation with anything they'll ever do in core(such as gold), which they also did in the worst possible way.
"
DarthSki44 wrote:

I also think that they are in development hell right now with PoE 4.0 and Exilecon prep. Nothing "extra" is being pushed into some of these secondary areas it seems. If it isn't absolutely necessary it's not happening.

I do agree that they are probably in development hell, but that doesn't really explain the most recent events. The most recent events are notably different from anything else, so they did put some time into them. A mayhem, endless delve, or flashback would take notably less dev time since they've already coded it. I suspect it's kind of a like a private league modifier that they attach to a parent league and call it a day.
"
Nubatron wrote:
"
DarthSki44 wrote:

I also think that they are in development hell right now with PoE 4.0 and Exilecon prep. Nothing "extra" is being pushed into some of these secondary areas it seems. If it isn't absolutely necessary it's not happening.

I do agree that they are probably in development hell, but that doesn't really explain the most recent events. The most recent events are notably different from anything else, so they did put some time into them. A mayhem, endless delve, or flashback would take notably less dev time since they've already coded it. I suspect it's kind of a like a private league modifier that they attach to a parent league and call it a day.

I think, if I'm not mistaken, much of the private league stuff is pre-coded and then options filled in for particulars. Essentially like a restaurant menu. I think its actually easy for them to adjust private leagues from what I understand.

And for the record, I think the past number of legaues, not just this series of events, are showing signs of not all hands being on the wheel. And tbh it's all self inflected. It's not like D4 crept up on them, so to be at this stage...its just unfortunate. It's poor planning imo, but if it's not ready, it's not ready.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
"
Nubatron wrote:
Yeah, these mostly missed me. I would enjoy the Ruthless w/ Gold if it wasn't voided. I just hit 45 and then deleted the character after I realized I wasn't having fun building a character in a very grindy mode only to lose it at the end of the month. If I could keep the character, I would have kept going.

The forced party play events are a strange choice in a genre that is probably majority solo players. Maybe I'm wrong on the stats, but I feel like I'm not alone in that I prefer to play alone largely.

But I won't begrudge them trying something new. If you don't push the envelope, you'll get stagnate. I wish they would revisit the thought that all events are voided though. That makes even the good ones feel bad for me.
new to poe? all events by ggg are voided x'D for as long i can remember... which doesn't really say much because small mem brain...
do think gold can be a thing in poe with having a gambler tbh if they work a bit more on it though. maybe not in ruthless though but in ssf? yep i would dig it very much xd
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
"
satanttin wrote:
"
Nubatron wrote:
Yeah, these mostly missed me. I would enjoy the Ruthless w/ Gold if it wasn't voided. I just hit 45 and then deleted the character after I realized I wasn't having fun building a character in a very grindy mode only to lose it at the end of the month. If I could keep the character, I would have kept going.

The forced party play events are a strange choice in a genre that is probably majority solo players. Maybe I'm wrong on the stats, but I feel like I'm not alone in that I prefer to play alone largely.

But I won't begrudge them trying something new. If you don't push the envelope, you'll get stagnate. I wish they would revisit the thought that all events are voided though. That makes even the good ones feel bad for me.
new to poe? all events by ggg are voided x'D for as long i can remember... which doesn't really say much because small mem brain...
do think gold can be a thing in poe with having a gambler tbh if they work a bit more on it though. maybe not in ruthless though but in ssf? yep i would dig it very much xd

Yup, I'm super new to the game. Why does the templar have such a long neck and no pants????
None of them looked interesting and the same old ones have also become boring so I don't blame them for trying something else.

I liked the event with bosses spawning anywhere.
From memory they nerfed or limited what they dropped which was disappointing.

If I was allowed to make an event, the guy at the beginning would not drop a rusty sword, he'd drop a Headhunter.

Every quest reward, a Headhunter, because they stack. You can use Headhunters in your ring slots now. Boots. Gloves. Helm. Headhunter, Headhunter, Headhunter.

Flasks, don't need them, put Headhunters there. Your skill tree, just buffs to Headhunter. Atlas, just buffs to rares and pack size.

I would call this event the Mageblood event. Because everyone still wants a Mageblood.
"
SoulMule wrote:
If I was allowed to make an event, the guy at the beginning would not drop a rusty sword, he'd drop a Headhunter.

Every quest reward, a Headhunter, because they stack. You can use Headhunters in your ring slots now. Boots. Gloves. Helm. Headhunter, Headhunter, Headhunter.

Flasks, don't need them, put Headhunters there. Your skill tree, just buffs to Headhunter. Atlas, just buffs to rares and pack size.

I would call this event the Mageblood event. Because everyone still wants a Mageblood.

XD
I saw a content creator doing the Krangled event and it seemed interesting, UNTIL I saw that you get stuck for a minute every time you die...WTF??? What does this have to do with ARPGs? Why is it there?? Who wants to get punished even more for dying? Why does GGG insist on abusing and punishing the playerbase?
"
jdp29 wrote:
I saw a content creator doing the Krangled event and it seemed interesting, UNTIL I saw that you get stuck for a minute every time you die...WTF??? What does this have to do with ARPGs? Why is it there?? Who wants to get punished even more for dying? Why does GGG insist on abusing and punishing the playerbase?

This is there because it's a race event and they wanted to stop reckless zerging for speed.

I don't love it (i.e I think the idea of the Krangled event and 'racing' is inhernetly flawed when mixed).

That said, boy have I enjoyed the Krangled event, it's exactly the sort of silly nonsense that's a great step away from league stuff, and I'd actually pay to run a longer lasting version with friends after the league. Much as I enjoy it, my wrist can only suffer so much work in a day, and a week time limit puts me hard in crunch time to even try and enjoy it. Note, while I'm playing it, I'm not 'competing', I think it's fun enough, that even knowing it will all go in the dumpster, that I'd do it with zero prizes on offer, just for the novel experience.

As to the broader set of events, yeah, I think the Friendly Fire and the idea of the Polarity are eh. Path as an active team game isn't the best on paper, though I do think Path's 'team' element in terms of helping team mates farm items or provide support has interesting ideas. But I'm also fine with some duds here, that's the price of innovation and getting off the rails, some stuff is going to down right suck, and somes going to be meh or poorly designed in some way, that's the nature of the job. This is doubly true if they had really limited time to slap these together as a way to tide things over until the next full league. So I'm not too critical of GGG for doing this over dead air, though would love to see another endless Delve or Heist, we know those are coded, and would be fine for a 'fill time' week or two event.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info